Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on January 28, 2013
This camera is amazing. The quality of pictures if better than any other digital camera I have owned. Also, it does HDR images so I was able to take amazing pictures of fireworks which I have not been able to take with my SLR. Also, the quality of videos is top notch.
on January 28, 2013
The canon s100 is the camera that I have been waiting for. It's a small auto pocket camera when you want it ti be, but it has the capabilities and controls of a SLR when wanted.
Great price on Amazon.
on February 4, 2016
I HATE That the flash pops up on its own and distracts the photographer so often! Flash should not be where you hold it, poor placement. I've always loved Canon products but this is my least favorite purchase from them.
on July 29, 2013
I'm not a professional photographer and I'm not going to be the best person to talk about specs and pixels, etc., but this camera gives me really fantastic wide-angle photos with high quality clarity. This is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time!
on December 6, 2011
I purchased this camera in early November and have been enjoying it immensely. I owned a G11 (which I now have sold), and found that the S100 equals its image quality in good light and easily surpasses it in low light. I took both cameras out and shot the exact same scenes, then examined the images carefully to arrive at that conclusion. Here's my take on the pros and cons:

PRO's
- Portability - this is quite important for travelers
- Bright 24mm equivalent lens
- HS system really works for low/difficult lighting situations
- Screen is bright and easy to use
- IQ is equal to or better than what I have now
- HD video is outstanding - I sold my HD camcorder, too.
- Stabilization works very well, especially in low-light handheld and video modes

CON's
- Battery life is too short - I bought several generic spares here on Amzn
- I am still getting used to its light weight
- The lens is slow on the long end (f5.9 at 120mm equiv.)

I have read extensively online about some people having focus issues or corner softness. I have gone back and re-checked my images and have not experienced either, but can only speak for myself. If you buy one, please put it through it's paces using different settings and conditions and closely examine your images to make sure your camera doesn't have any image issues.
on December 26, 2012
So far it's everything I expected. Right out of the box it was a very simple straight forward point and shoot. Takes great low light pictures without the flash so pictures look more natural. Yet to test the GPS feature yet. Overall: very satisfied.
on June 3, 2013
This camera is awesome. It click great pics. even in low light without flash.

I have not got a very steady hand but this camera is pretty good in getting good shots easily.

I just havnt figured out how to click panoramic pic. rest all the mode are fun and easy
on December 26, 2012
The Canon Powershot S100 digital camera is a great "go anywhere" camera. It has a fast lens, great low-light performance, and both automatic & full manual controls. The pictures it takes are great, and fits easily in my pocket. I am glad I bought it!
on March 2, 2013
My camera is useless after the dreaded lens error. Canon offers to fix the defective camera but makes you pay for shipping. They should replace NOT repair since the lens is defective. Wish I would have known about this long standing problem.
66 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2013
I wanted a small camera with good photo and video quality, this is it.

The good:
Small
Good photo and video quality
A lot of features including HDR
Good and fast pictures in the dark

The bad:
Battery life could be better. (I recommend to bay a second battery)
Flash pop up: the flash pops up where we usually put our finger. (will be good to have it at the middle of the camera instead of left)

Good product