1,592 of 1,624 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Best Truly Pocketable Camera
I owned five Powershot S Series (s30,s50,s60,s80,s90) cameras prior to purchasing the s100. I took close to 100,000 photos with my s90 in the two years that I owned it. I am a semi-professional photographer that owns multiple Canon EOS DSLR cameras with L lenses.

First off, I don't think it's fair to compare the s100 to DSLRs, APS-C, Four Thirds cameras...
Published on November 4, 2011 by Sheraz A. Choudhary

1.0 out of 5 stars LENS ERROR
I began getting a lens error. This disables the camera from taking photos. At first, it was very infrequent and intermittent, but got worse. It didn't gradually get worse, but in giant leaps. I returned it to Canon for repair. They sent it back saying it was fixed. It worked for one day, then the lens error came back 100% of the time, worse than ever. I sent it...
Published on April 15, 2012 by Par4DaCourse

‹ Previous | 141 42 4367 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little point and shoot, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide-Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) (Camera)
I am extremely pleased with this little camera and so far, have not missed lugging my big camera and lenses around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but not my favorite, February 20, 2013
Battery Life: I was disappointed in the battery life of the S100, even with the GPS turned off. Maybe it was the "on-board help" that was to blame, but I had taken only 75 photos and one short 2 minute video before I got the initial low battery signal. I think the low battery signal showed up a little premature, as I was able to shoot 30 to 40 more photos before it needed a recharge (I still consider this bad since it's rated for 200 photos).

Build Quality: My camera came from Japan. Loved the matte black finish, didn't feel like it would slip out of my hands.

Photo Quality: Great. Bright colors....great photos of my pets.

User Interface: Typical Canon, settings on the left side and across the bottom. To most people it seems uncomplicated; to me, I started out with Panasonic and Fuji cameras and those are easier. Maybe it's just what you start out with always seems the easiest. At least this has on-screen help. Has full manual control so you can grow into this camera if you know nothing starting out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, February 19, 2013
I loved my S100 for the time I had it. I'm a pro photog and needed a carry all the time camera. It actually performs very well even @ 1600 ISO. I owned each S model from the S90 to this one. I only sold it to get a Lumix LX7 which I like a lot more but is not as compact as this one. I woulda kept both if I didn't need the money to pay for the LX7.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, but not great, February 19, 2013
MarkS "MarkS" (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I really wanted to like this camera. I love the GPS feature, which is not often found on cameras. I kept hearing about the Sony RX100, but at more than double the price of this camera, I just wasn't sure. Well, after having both in my hands and testing them out, I had to conclude that the Sony took better pictures. Ultimately, that is what matters most. This camera felt sort of cheap after handling the Sony for a while. I will say that the menus are easier to navigate on the Canon, though. The Sony does a much better job in low light conditions as well. However, if you don't have the money to spend, this Canon is a close second.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon makes the best!!, February 17, 2013
This camera is great!! I can't say enough good things about the camera and the software. This camera is realiable and just great. Any camera from Canon is great and this S100 replaced an old Canon that we had for many, many years. Buy, you'll love it. Easy to use, easy to share and easy to transfer pictures with the software.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera, February 12, 2013
just received the camera and love it. so many options and fun features and have taken alot of fun pictures already!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera, February 12, 2013
I normally don't purchase point and clicks, but this a fantastic camera. I purchased this for my wife because the auto programming produces great pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, February 7, 2013
This is a great travel camera. It has taken place of my heavy, bulky 35mm digital camera whenever I am on the road.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, February 5, 2013
Great little camera! I really like how the interface is setup. It's actually nice to use it in manual mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 2, 2013
Love this camera!! Love the style the color the quality of the pics also the fact that I look amazing in all the pics!!

‹ Previous | 141 42 4367 | Next ›