Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon PowerShot SD880IS 10MP Digital Camera with 4..." and save 60% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon PowerShot SD880IS 10MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Gold)
- 10.0-megapixel resolution allows greater freedom when editing and printing
- 4x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer; 28mm wide-angle lens
- 3.0-inch PureColor LCD II for bright, accurate color with wide viewing angle
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves Face Detection, adds Servo AF, Face Detection Self-Timer and Intelligent Contrast Correction
- Captures images to SD/SDHC memory cards
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||1.4 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230,000|
|Display Size||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||10,000,000 Pixels|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC/MMC card|
|Flash Modes Description||auto, Flash off, Red-eye reduction, Slow synchronization|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||AiAF TTL, face detection|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, 80 ,100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2|
|Item Dimensions||2.24 x 0.94 x 3.7 inches|
|Item Weight||0.43 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||2 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8 - F5.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||112 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/1600 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||3,648|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||28 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||15 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.25 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion NB-5L battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps), 160 x 120 (15 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
From the Manufacturer
It’s so easy to capture the magic of every moment when SD880 IS Digital ELPH comes along for the ride. There’s a terrific sense of creative options for your photographic sense with a wide range of shooting modes and a wide-angle 28mm lens--all because your camera sees the world without limits. Of course, it’s a stylish point of view from a camera that merges up-to-the-moment performance with the art of impeccable design.
PowerShot SD880IS Highlights
With the PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH camera’s 10.0 megapixels of imaging power, you’ve got a passport to unsurpassed image quality and versatility. Go ahead, enlarge pictures bigger than ever before without worrying about the image quality. And look forward to much more creative flexibility when you’re cropping and printing. The SD880 IS Digital ELPH may be ultra-slim and sculpture-sleek, but its focus is on the power of visual impact.
When it’s time to take a closer look, the PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH features a 4x Optical Zoom and advanced Optical Image Stabilizer, greatly minimizing camera shake and maximizing the brilliance of every detail. And Canon’s precision 28mm wide-angle lens lets you capture more in every frame, so everyone fits in a family gathering shot.
The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH gives you a large 3.0-inch LCD screen for excellent control when framing your shots. Canon’s PureColor LCD II offers spectacular color, resolution and contrast even when viewed at an angle. The screen is highly durable and easy to see in any light with a scratch-resistant, antireflective coating. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light--a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images.
New DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves Face Detection, adds Servo AF, Face Detection Self-Timer and Intelligent Contrast Correction
Canon’s proprietary DIGIC Image Processors have long set its cameras apart from the competition, and the new DIGIC 4 sets the bar even higher. Faster, more accurate noise reduction delivers better image quality, even at high ISO speeds.
iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
A new Face Self-Timer automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments. For instance, to include photographer’s face in a group shot, there’s no need to rush in. Just put the camera on a stand or tripod, and specify Face Self-Timer, and the camera will wait for the photographer’s face to get on-camera before it takes the shot. Motion Detection now tracks moving subjects in a much larger range, and the new Servo AF retains focus on a moving subject after the shutter button is pressed halfway -- allowing you to wait for the perfect shot without refocusing. Also, Face Detection and Motion Detection are markedly improved.
DIGIC 4 also makes possible the new i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition. The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH can even use i-Contrast in playback mode to adjust images that were shot without the setting activated.
Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures.
1) The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken.
2) The SD880 IS Digital ELPH can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback.
3) You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
A wide range of shooting modes to capture anything
Now you’re free to concentrate on what really counts--your subject. All you have to do is turn to the setting that best matches the scene you’re viewing through the lens. The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH does the rest. It chooses the perfect exposure, aperture and flash. You’ve got Special Scenes Modes to handle a wide range of common shooting situations--effortlessly.
With 19 Shooting Modes including 16 Special Scene Modes, you’re ready for whatever shot comes your way.
Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading
The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the SD880 IS Digital ELPH to a Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or SELPHY Compact Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows and Macintosh). Print your own ID photos in up to 28 different sizes or use the Movie Print function to output multiple stills from a recorded movie on a single sheet with a Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printer.
What's in the Box
- PowerShot SD880IS Digital ELPH body
- Wrist Strap WS-DC7
- SD Memory Card SDC-32M
- Battery Pack NB-5L
- Battery Charger CB-2LX
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Interface Cable IFC-400PCU (USB)
- Solution Disk
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
--New DIGIC 4 technology, up from DIGIC 3 which tries to improve the camera performance in low light and at higher ISO - is it successful? I noted a slight improvement in some shots.
- Updated face detection technology. It helps the camera create better contrast for faces and does not bleach out all color from the faces in a shot. The Face Detection Self Timer is new, so if you want to take a group shot including yourself all you have to do is focus the camera on the group and then walk into the group. The camera will detect a new face and click the shot.
- A BIGGER CCD - 1/2.3" up from the previous 1/2.5" in the SD870 which allows for increase in MPs to 10MP (up from 8MP of SD870)
- 4X Zoom (up from 3.8X on SD870) and a wide angle which really helps with shots at close quarters (in a car/bus, of a large group etc.)
- Motion Detection is also new. On this mode the camera allows you to focus on a moving object or person by pressing the shutter half-way and then click the shot even though the object/person continued to move across the frame. Earlier, you would have got a motion blur if you tried to take the same picture
- The huge 3 inch LCD screen is the same as the SD870 but slightly improved technology gives you brighter playback in low-light which makes it easier to see the shots in replay. It does not have a viewfinder but I have never missed the viewfinder on my SD870 since Canon made the screen anti-glare. I'd take a bigger screen any day over a 2.Read more ›
Things to look for in any camera in the compact/ultra compact category:
- Picture quality, of course
- Image stabilization so shaky hands don't ruin the shot
- Fast shutter lag times and shot to shot times
- Face detection software
- Good OPTICAL zoom (not just digital zoom)
- Great battery life
- Large LCD screen
- Adequate megapixels to enlarge and crop your images when needed. Also to print larger sized photos.
This camera has all of the above.Read more ›
Although this camera has tons of features, it does not have enough manual functions for the enthusiasts. The new SD990IS has new manual functions to play with aperture, shutter speed, manual focus, and all the good stuff. I am guessing Canon will not add these manual settings in to the 800 line until later next year. This is too bad as the functions would make pictures come out even better with the ability to adjust settings to perfection.
All in all, this camera is great and would be a good replacement for any older 800 series such as the SD850 or SD870. I highly recommend it as long as you don't need any manual settings. The auto focus, DIGIC 4 processor, and the iSAPS will give you enough automatic settings adjustment to take quality pictures in a blink of an eye.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great camera that I enjoyed for years! Love Canon point and clicks :)Published 7 months ago by Brock Balfour
Great little camera,it is still going strong! I gave it to my husband because I wanted a zoom that went furthur . Buy Canon !! Theybare the best.Published 11 months ago by Shelley Mc Nellis
Good one for a beginner and an excellent point and shoot. I had my other personal favorite but this is a very close second.Published 12 months ago by Monikhs
I bought this camera years ago and it still holds up. The ability to wear it on your hip while hiking or other activities encourages you to take more pictures. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Amazon Customer