Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon PowerShot A2400 IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens with 720p Full HD Video Recording and 2.7-Inch Touch Panel LCD (Silver) (OLD MODEL)
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

My 11 year old daughter wanted a camera more than anything for Christmas. After a little research, I settled on this one, and she has been thrilled with it. She was able to figure it out entirely on her own, and uses it to take photos and make little videos. She loves the blue color, and I got her a matching blue Case Logic case. She couldn't be happier.
on September 15, 2015
I purchased this camera at Costco for $110 in October 2012. Loved it. It takes great photos and videos, is light weight and easy to use. I particularly liked its display of time on each photo. Its battery life was surprisingly long. On travel, I usually carried it with another camera and invariably ended up using it most of the time. Unfortunately, last week I inadvertently damaged it, probably by sitting on it while the lens was extended, Fortunately, I found a used one in like-new condition on amazon and paid $70 for it. I am happy again. Highly recommended.
on February 9, 2015
Love this camera! I had one just like it for many years and traveled all over the world with it until it started giving out. This one was refurbished and works very well. Not as crisp as a high end, professional, expensive camera indoors, but totally great for most uses.
on December 4, 2014
My husband surprised me with this camera. It takes great picture, very clear. Zoom is great. It's a simple point-and-shoot without any bells or whistles, so if that's what you need go for it! It doesn't even have a timer, which I would have liked. Overall, I'm very happy with it.
on October 8, 2014
I love this camera! It's easy to use, takes wonderful pics. I just took it on vacation and have no complaints. It has many features - and I've had fun experimenting. Interestingly, the pink ones were less expensive than those of other colors. Don't know why, but I'm glad I bought it and had a good price.
on November 23, 2013
UPDATE: Got some sand in the lens and now I can't get it to close! Seems like a common problem.

Very slow to take pictures in low light. Motion blur is bad in low lighting. Hard to take pictures of young kids b/c they move around so much. Lightweight and convenient otherwise. Pictures are quite good outside and in good lighting. Very intuitive and easy to use (for those of us too impatient to read through the whole user's manual.)

Better than the other Canon PowerShots b/c it comes with a cord to attach to computer, battery and charger. Must buy separate memory card (great deals on Amazon) to even use it the first time.

Use Wikipedia to shop between different Canon PowerShot models.

I have a DSLR but find it too big and inconvenient to use a lot of the time. I wanted something small and cheap for my purse for use with my toddler. I keep it in a plastic ziplock baggie in my purse to keep it clean and free from scratches as it does scratch easily and will look old quickly if you do not!
on March 22, 2013
I got this camera for my mother to replace an older model Canon PowerShot. For the price this camera has all the features an amateur photographer needs. The 5x zoom is very clear. This camera is very easy to use. Note** this camera did not come with a memory card, so make sure to consider that into the price when purchasing this camera.
on March 24, 2013
I am so glad I didn't listen to all the negative reviews, this camera takes beautiful pictures is really easy to set up and use, I have no idea what the bad reviewers are talking about I love the online manual, I bought this camera to keep in my pocket book so I always have one ready to take pictures this is my third canon and I am so glad I bought it. And the best part is it is pink what more can I ask for.The only bad thing I have to say is I asked customer service if it comes with a battery charge it doesn't say in the product description she said it doesnt come with one so i ordered a extra battery and a charger not sure if I am sending the extra charger back.
on September 20, 2014
This camera is perfect for everyday pictures. It is compact and fits in her purse without taking up much room or added too much weight. This was a gift and is her first digit camera. She is extremely happy with it.
on January 18, 2014
This is my second time with this model.
The previous was stolen to me from my bag... It was sad.
But it was happy to see the price this time I purchased it.
I recommend this camera, the photos and shots are excellent and it is very easy to use it.
Love it!!!