5.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby... UPDATED: "Fantastic"
Ok, let me preface where this review is coming from. I am an amateur photographer who is a "Canon Girl" and has a Canon 50D as my primary DSLR "love of my life". Therefore, this may credit or discredit me in any way that you see fit in reading this! I've been in the market for a new compact for quite some time since my beloved Olympus lost its functionality last...
Published on March 21, 2012 by MeredithNCSU girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working almost immediately.
This camera was my back up for when I didn't want to lug the big camera around. It stopped working almost immediately and I lost valuable irreplaceable pictures! WORTHLESS. Bought it Feb 2013, fatal errors within two months! WASTE OF MONEY!
Published 10 months ago by Jaysa

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars VIDEO BLOGGING/ VLOG --- BLACK LOOKS LIKE POOP COLOR IN SUN, June 1, 2014
Great camera, but why does the black look like a poop color?

IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT VIDEO: (l'm doing video diarys for a far away friend)
Auto focus great.
Especially when you're videoing yourself it's great to have a COMPACT and WIDE-LENS camera when you stretch your arms out.
The sound sounds grainy on camera but once you save and view it on the computer, the quality and sound is wonderful.

MAKE SURE TO ORDER AN SD CARD IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE!! THIS DOES NOT COME WITH ONE!! I have a 10gb because I take lots of videos. For pictures I can even use my 4gb. More than enough.

A professional photographer gave me tips:
THE CHEAPER CAMERAS AROUND 70-100 TAKE BETTER PHOTOS:
Digital cameras that have a "higher quality" than the cheaper ones are for if you need to print EXTRA BIG PHOTOS to put on your wall. Most of us buy cameras to print normal sized pictures so it is VERY unnecessary.

ANYTHING HIGHER THAN 5X OPTICAL ZOOM MAKES THE PICTURE QUALITY "GRAINY". I think that's how you describe it.. Anyhow, for the average person going on vacation or a trip will not need to zoom in twice as much and have it be a tiny bit clearer.

THE SIMPLIER THE FUNCTIONS, THE BETTER THE PICTURES COME OUT. MONEY SAVER.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera!!!, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A2400 IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens with 720p Full HD Video Recording and 2.7-Inch LCD (Blue) (Electronics)
By a 14-year old girl:
After looking at dozens of different point and shoot digital cameras, I finally chose this one and am so glad I did!
It's great at taking pictures that come out crisp and clear. There are also a couple different effects which are really fun and cool. Plus some of the effects (like "vivid") make some pictures come out better.
The camera is slim and pretty-I love the ice blue color! It takes a lithium ion battery, which was new territory for me, because I'm used to AAs! :) But it worked out fine and the battery charged up pretty quick.
It also has a slow motion option when watching videos, which is very cool!!
This is my second camera. My first was a 7MP Polaroid and although it took GREAT pictures this camera is an obvious step up.
I would totally reccommend this camera!!!!!! It's amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCEPTIONAL CAMERA!, August 20, 2013
I'm a huge fan of Canon cameras for many years. I've used professional camera (Canon DSLR 60D) to powershot (Canon SX110IS: 9mp, 10x optical zoom) and I have to admit this Canon A2400 is A GREAT DEAL! When it arrived in the mail, I was extremely disappointed by its size, thinking "no way, this little junk needs to go back". It's smaller than most powershots out there, but once I started to turn on the flash, it blew me away. For this little camera, the flash was so amazing for capturing shots in dark rooms. Best of all, unlikeSX110IS using AA batteries, it came with a Li Battery and a charger. The video mode was also very good, allowed zoom-in/out while video-taping, and the voice was clear. I only paid 1/3 the price I paid for my SX110IS. Cameras are getting cheaper and technology is getting better. There's no reason not to own a Canon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Canon camera I have ever bought, January 2, 2013
Since going digital, I have used nothing but Canon cameras. The DSLR Xsi, the powershot SD500, SD550's, SD870IS's, etc. This A2400 line is the worst I have ever seen from Canon. For a 16 megapixel camera, it has horrible focus, colors, and it's very SLOOOW to use. I could not believe the poor picture quality. This one quickly was sent back and I got a Nikon Coolpix S6400 which is 10 times nicer. It's not the fastest camera around, but it's the picture quality that matters most to me. STAY AWAY from this one, honestly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute pink problems, February 23, 2014
Cute camera bought it for my niece. I had to call customer service three times because of it not working properly. The first two times it wasn't taking pics. The third time having problems loading pics to computer. Finally after some figuring out got it to load pictures. On bright side I like quality of pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera easy to use, March 28, 2013
Great camera takes very good high quality pictures. If I find i easy to use it, anyone can use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera!, March 22, 2013
I got this camera for my mother to replace an older model Canon PowerShot. For the price this camera has all the features an amateur photographer needs. The 5x zoom is very clear. This camera is very easy to use. Note** this camera did not come with a memory card, so make sure to consider that into the price when purchasing this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, Love My New Camera!, June 24, 2013
I love, love, love my new Canon PowerShot A2400 Digital Camera. It's compact, fits nicely in your hand, pocket or purse & takes great photographs. If you're like me (inexperienced photographer!) but want super pictures to keep & remember, this is the camera for you. It's a no brainer. The directions are easy to understand and implement. I ordered the pink color because I love pink PLUS it makes it easier to find in a dark bag or purse. I think you'll love this camera!

4.0 out of 5 stars Use Wikipedia to shop between different PowerShot models to see differences., November 23, 2013
Very slow to take pictures in low light. Motion blur is bad in low lighting. Hard to take pictures of young kids b/c they move around so much. Lightweight and convenient otherwise. Pictures are quite good outside and in good lighting. Very intuitive and easy to use (for those of us too impatient to read through the whole user's manual.)

Better than the other Canon PowerShots b/c it comes with a cord to attach to computer, battery and charger. Must buy separate memory card (great deals on Amazon) to even use it the first time.

Use Wikipedia to shop between different Canon PowerShot models.

I have a DSLR but find it too big and inconvenient to use a lot of the time. I wanted something small and cheap for my purse for use with my toddler. I keep it in a plastic ziplock baggie in my purse to keep it clean and free from scratches as it does scratch easily and will look old quickly if you do not!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor colors, grainy, May 8, 2013
I purchased this camera to replace my 10 year old 3Mega pixel Fuji camera.This Canon camera has by far 1/10 of picture quality and detail, and the colors are always off.... either too yellow, or too blue... I called canon, and they said this is how the camera is!!!! Yes, they admit the 10 year old Fuji takes better pictures at 3 mega pixel compare to this much higher quality camera. Thumbs down to Canon....

Too bad i opened the box after 30 days of purchase, so I cant return this useless camera.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›