Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 4, 2012
Best camera I've owned -- simple to use, Canon quality, lots of features. I like the larger screen with sharper image, as well as the compact size. Only thing I miss is a viewfinder lens for bright days.
on November 27, 2012
The only reason I'm rating this camera 4 stars is because I don't really like the design of it. HOWEVER, this camera is REALLY good. Especially for the price! The pink color is a very nice salmon color too, I would recommend that one. It has a lot of nice features and special effects. One of my favorite effects is the black & white. Not many cameras have that! Which I thought was awesome. It also has a whole bunch of other nice effects already in the camera, which is pretty cool so you don't have to transfer them then edit them on your laptop.
Overall this is a very nice camera. AND it's super cheap! If you're thinking of buying a nice everyday point & shoot that takes clear photos for a low price, this is a good choice. :)
on November 26, 2012
I purchased this camera with intentions of giving it to my 70 year old grandmother. I unboxed the camera to try it out first and was EXTREMELY pleased with the pictures it took. They were very clear, and exactly what I expected from a camera in this price range.

However, the one thing I hadn't considered (even during my testing) was that my grandmother has rather weak fingers. Upon presenting the camera to her I noticed that she had a lot of trouble pressing the shutter button. She was able to do it, but it took some effort.

I've decided to keep the camera (I like it that much) but I will be looking for one with slightly less resistance in the shutter button.
on August 1, 2012
I had a Sony DSC H9 and was looking for something small and easy to carry, but at the same time did not wanted to compromise on the quality of pictures. This camera works good in sunlight and the pictures are really awesome. During night or indoors with less light the camera focuses on the subject in the Auto mode and the background is completely black. this was something I didnt like about this camera, but apart from this a very nice camera with good picture quality.
on March 22, 2013
I was extremely disappointed in this camera. I own a Canon DSLR but wanted a smaller, more compact camera to be able to take pictures with. It is capable of taking great pictures but all of the conditions have to be just right. The shutter speed was unbelievably slow. While trying to take a picture of my child playing, by the time the camera actually took the picture they were long out of the shot. If you hold the button down to "force" the camera to take the picture, it was horribly blurred and defeated the purpose of taking the picture in the first place. Even when waiting for the camera to focus, the pictures were not of the quality I have come to expect from Canon. I tried using different features, settings and everything I could think of but nothing changed the fact that this camera is not worth buying. I knew that it was not capable of operating at the same level as my DSLR but I still expected it to operate at a basic level of "point and shoot" and take good pictures.
on August 12, 2013
the lens would not close. called customer service at Canon. Had to send it in. Next day get an email " they do not repair this camera". Why did I waste my money to send it in? Located my receipt and it is still in warranty but now i am told I have to SNAIL MIAL THE RECEIPT; they do not accept email to see if they WILL warranty it. It has a 1 year warranty. DO NOT BUY CANONHORRID CUSTOMER SERVICE!
on November 5, 2012
I bought this to replace another small canon camera (PowerShot SD1100 IS) that died from the dreaded lens error problem. It works pretty much the same as my earlier camera and that is one of the reasons for choosing this one. I miss the view finder but the lcd screen seems to be brighter than the previous camera. After using it for a couple weeks I have to say I am very satisfied with it and would recommend it.
on December 15, 2013
I buy cameras that are less than $150 because with 2 toddlers they always get dropped or destroyed somehow. This is by far the worst one I have had (3 in the last 3 years). The picture quality is awful. The colors are off. A lot of pictures come out blurry. I am hoping one of my kids will drop it in a large pool of water so that it can forever be gone from my life. Okay, that's a little dramatic...but it's so useless that I just end up taking photos on my iphone. It's so much better.
on August 9, 2013
This camera was to replace an old Elph, but instead it's my backup camera. The camera has problems focusing. I take a lot of pictures, and 99% are not crisp and in focus--especially faces. Colors are dull and washed out, and sometimes the color balance is off. The video part works when the subject is not moving and the sound quality is fine.
on February 23, 2014
I loved the camera for the year that it worked. I usually took it with me to work functions off site when I didn't want to be bothered hauling around my Nikon digital SLR. Loved the video feature, even indoors.

I was plagued by the automatic lens cap that would not close properly. Then the camera zoom lens stopped working completely, When I try to turn the camera on the screens says "Lens error Will shut down automatically Restart camera." The problem is that when I restart the camera I get the same message, and of course it powers off completely.