Canon PowerShot Pro Series S5 IS 8.0MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (OLD MODEL)
Used & New from: $123.99
Canon Powershot S5 IS movie quality I would just like to know if movies can be transfered to DVD and watched on TV playing in regular DVD player. How is quality? I don't use camcorder very much, but occasionaly for specific events.
asked by Shahu Nadir on June 28, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Mike,
Originally I was not able to use premiere, but once I installed the MJPEG codec I can edit just like a normal avi. There is a trial codec and one to purchase (pegasus?)
Brian S answered on July 11, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just bought this a few days ago and I was very surprised that the video quality was excellent. We are no longer planning on bringing our camcorder on vacations as I was truly amazed at the quality. I viewed the VGA 30fps movie on my 50 plasma and it looked just like my camcorder. As far as playing on DVD, it would depend on your player. My Philips dvd player does and so does the PS3. (its a pretty standard MJPEG type of AVI) Hope this helps.
Brian S answered on July 6, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is video editing is possible with Adobe tools like Premiere (etc) prior to transfer to DVD? Even my primitive Canon G2 transfers movie clips to DVD but it does not allow editing. "Quality" benefits from clean-up prior to DVD burning. Editing is straightforward with my camcorder's format but I wonder if it's possible on the Canon S5. Anyone know?
skeeterbait answered on July 8, 2007

A
Thank you Brian. It is big help in deciding to buy this camera.
Shahu Nadir answered on July 8, 2007

A
I have had the same experience,,, I will not now purchase a digital vid cam...I made a movie with ep7 with all the goodies and it was shown with a rear projection projector and the sound was awesome and the vidio and stills were great..
Albert S. Balch answered on June 21, 2009

A
I bought a Power shot and took some movies....How do I transfer clips to a DVD. I have Nero, but it doesn't work..AUGG

Charlie
Liz Williams answered on January 16, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product