Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2010 4:03:58 PM PDT
I just ordered this printer with a $400 rebate with a qualifying camera purchase from Amazon. I was wondering if anyone else has turned in their rebate form to Canon and how long it takes to get the money back, and what form that comes in (i.e. gift card, check).

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 9:37:46 AM PDT
Unfortunately, they will not honor it. I sent everything they wanted. All proofs and cut outs from the box, having bought it here at Amazon. They mailed a letter saying after a month that I didn't give them the cut out part of the box, the UPC.

Yes I did. And I mailed all of it Priority mail with signature confirmation at my expense just to be given that bs.

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 9:44:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2010 9:46:10 AM PDT
ERW says:
Nope.

I had the same thing happen to me that Tallin above me did. I registered on their site first, and then I even had a second person double and triple check me on ALL criteria to satisfy the rebate Canon had going here with Amazon on the Pixma Pro9000 printer worth $100...we did everything perfectly and I KNOW that we did...and got the same one sentence letter telling us the UPC was missing.

Yeah, right. Completely false.

Go to Consumer Affairs.com or Google "Canon not honor rebate" and see that we're hardly alone. I almost wonder if that's considered fraud technically.

They're a good company. The products are excellent but this is just flat out wrong. I don't blame Amazon at all for any of this.

Here's a hint Canon: If you don't want to honor rebates, and it's obvious that you don't...don't offer them in the first place!

I'll remember this the next time I consider making a purchase of a Canon product, believe me.

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 10:23:20 AM PDT
Even better, it cost me $8 to Priority mail the lot into Canon. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Posted on Aug 6, 2010 10:01:40 PM PDT
It took me just under a month to get the rebate back from Canon. I bought the camera/printer combination at Adorama, not Amazon sometime in March, mailed the rebate in April, and had the check by the middle of May.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2010 8:38:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 7, 2010 8:45:14 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 7:30:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 11, 2010 7:50:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 7:49:18 AM PDT
Palardo says:
Think it depends on the Store you bought it from. I've only found one person who actually got his $400 on this most recent camera/printer combo rebate. He said it was because he purchased it from B&H in NYC.
Canon must like this store as they hardly ever discount Canon Products.
If you get some BS that they didn't the cut out UPC , I'd report to the BBB and demand your store return the rebate or refund the price of the printer.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2010 9:47:28 PM PDT
Benson C says:
Is it possible that it's because the pixma printer on Amazon is actually sold by another supplier? (Ships from and sold by Ace Photo Digital.)

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 1:31:48 PM PDT
It does depend on the store that you purchased you Camera/Printer from.... I received my $400.00 rebate in approximately 4 weeks

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 6:18:36 PM PDT
S. Sawant says:
The combination of Printer and Digital SLR Camera is selling like hot cake. If there was issues with the Rebate, I am sure there would be so many people complaining here. People who are complaining here must have made some mistakes and thats why their rebates are not honoured.

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 6:49:53 AM PDT
Adam says:
Ugh, I was just about to buy this and the price of the printer goes up by 100$! Now I have to wait to see if it goes back down again....only buying the Camera combo if it does.

I bet several people get tricked into buying the printer from the non-amazon seller...with which you won't get a rebate for.

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 2:30:21 PM PDT
I received my $400 rebate check from Canon today. It took about 6-1/2 weeks. I don't know why Canon would be screwing people over about the UPC, unless maybe you missed that you have to send in the UPC from the printer AND the camera. If that's not it, you should refile the claim -- you kept copies of everything, right? Besides, Canon is easily going to make a fortune off of us in ink if this printer lasts a while, so they can easily afford to give everyone the rebates that we were promised. Don't give up on a rebate that big because some job-hating hack at the rebate center bounced your claim. I don't know about some of you guys, but $400 is worth more to me than a couple of phone calls and a few minutes of my time.

For those of you considering this deal, make ABSOLUTELY certain that you buy the printer and camera from Amazon and not another vendor or you don't get the rebate. The Amazon price will seem higher, but after the rebate it is a much better deal than the other dealers. After rebate, my printer ended up costing about as much as one of the eight ink cartridges I'll be buying over and over and over...

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 10:09:29 PM PDT
Palardo says:
Also received my $400 rebate from Canon today. It took only 5 weeks! I purchased at B&h and I thiink Canon gives their customers a bit of special attention. B&H said they would even refund my 400 for t he printer if Canon didn't. Nice Hasidics over there.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 9:28:47 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 3, 2010 9:38:26 AM PDT]

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 6:21:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 21, 2011 6:21:30 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 1:21:45 PM PST
Amer says:
Been 6 weeks, no rebate yet but website status say that it has been approved.

BTW Canon has outsourced rebate processing to a company called ACB. Search for "7 Circle of Canon Rebate Hell". ACB was giving him run arounds, finally he complained to Canon & posted his blog. That's when Canon got involved and got him his rebate check.

Also here is a quick info if you want to contact Canon directly:

rebates@cits.canon.com
Canon Admin Support Group - Rebates
Ph: 757-413-2885 ext. 2110
Fax: 800-231-9243
M - F 9:30 - 6:00 Eastern Time

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 4:31:13 PM PDT
photogirl says:
Don't agree with you....I ordered my Canon T3i camera and Pro 9000 Mark II printer combo on the 19 of August and as of today Sept. 6th can not track down the rebate form from Amazon to even print it out and get the ball rolling!!! I did get a link from someone at Amazon for an outdated 2010 form! What mistake am I making?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 4:38:22 AM PDT
D. Thomas says:
try this link http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/Electronics/Canon_Printers/Pro9000MkII_DSLR_30SEP2011.pdf

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 8:56:04 AM PDT
D. Klecan says:
Help with paper!!! I know I am in the wrong discussion group....rebates.....but my Epson 2200 died a horrible death in the middle of 2 major projects (one photo another graphic/illustration) and I need help with purchasing a new printer.

I do both my photography and graphic work using solely Epson professional Matte paper (I have tons of this paper..all sizes). How does the Canon work with this paper !!! A lot of glowing praises for Canon....this printer seems perfect for someone on a tight budget and even tighter deadline....Please help with some feedback....Thanks so much!!!

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 8:03:52 AM PDT
kinnigit says:
The company processing the rebates (which is not Canon or Amazon but a third party called ACB promotions) DOES NOT WANT YOU TO GET YOUR REBATE. I mailed my form in a sealed post office priorty mail bag which is made of ripstop tyvek. I followed the rebate instructions to the letter. A month later I get a letter saying they never got the camera UCP. It would litterally be impossible for them to recieve the rebate form and printer UCP but not the camera UCP. Again, it was all SEALED together in a ripstop Tyvek bag. They were just hoping I would not follow through and they could keep the $400 for profit. These companies make money based on how many rebates they decline to pay out.

Here is my suggestion, if you want to get the rebate, VIDEO tape yourself placing all required items into the envelope while at the post office, and video yourself sealing it and handing it to the postal staff.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:04:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 2:05:18 PM PDT
T. Cross says:
It is not that Canon doesn't want you to get your rebate but the 3rd party low paid workers are supplementing THEIR income by taking YOUR UPC code, applying it to paperwork THEY have prepared showing their Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Uncle.....on and on who happened to "buy" all this stuff and at $400 each getting a nice sum of money coming into their own mailboxes to help their bottom line compliments of Canon who has no idea what is going on. Wake up people, why do you think they are telling you folks who honestly filled in all the blanks and sent their UPC codes in and telling you they never got a UPC code? This is not rocket science.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:25:41 AM PDT
kinnigit says:
If you read my review again, I clearly point out that Canon has NOTHING to do with the rebates. It is a SEPARATE company that processes rebates as a business. It is not individual employees who are making money, but "acb promotions" KEEPS THE REBATE MONEY THAT THEY DON'T PAY OUT. Canon gives the company a certian amount of money to cover all of the rebates, and acb keeps whatever they dont pay out to consumers.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 10:04:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 13, 2012 10:06:09 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 10:08:08 AM PDT
periwinkle says:
I too didn't get a rebate on my Canon printer, because they had no record of my rebate claim. When I called and spoke to a manager, I told them I had mailed it, and had copies of everything and could resend, but they refused to honor the rebate. These rebates are unreliable. Don't trust rebates unless you get them immediately upon purchase. Otherwise, consider the possibility you'll never get your money back, as Canon has done this to so many people.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2013

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Photo Printer (3295B002)
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Photo Printer (3295B002) by Canon
4.3 out of 5 stars   (337)