Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 71 questions
vote
Canon decided to remove the A-Dep mode from the T4i to make room for new modes on the dial. They claimed that A-Dep was very rarely used and pretty much obsolete for DSLRs. As a replacement for A-Dep, you can shoot in AV mode and vary the aperture setting with the dial in order to change the depth of field. You can also try 'shifting the program' in P mode using the dial to get a smaller or larger aperture to adjust the depth of field.
Nov 4, 2013 by Technology Guy
votes
This is my first dslr, definitely wanted a canon EOS, just didn't know whether to get the T3i or T4i. After doing weeks of comparisons, and realizing I could get the touch screen T4i at about the same as the T3i during an after-xmas sale, I made the purchase. This is a lot of camera for a first time dslr person, who is intent of being 'auto-free' when shooting pix. I love the possibilities of this camera and amazed at the technology available to me to create artistic photos and not just run-of-the-mill pictures. For those that do want the auto features, this camera will do it all. The touch screen LCD is an added bonus. As for the lens, it's a pretty good kit-type lens, not a lot of fluctuation in quality between f-stops. It's something that will work for me til I become the dslr master I want to be. I will then add highe quality lenses to my bag of tricks. Battery power is very long, no complaints. Have not had the camera long, so no warranty issues. This camera is feature packed, whether in creative mode or auto mode, and makes it easy for beginners and experts alike to create some pretty special memories. I love this camera!
Feb 15, 2013 by Dona L. Maxcy
votes
Yes, I see the T4i 18-135mm STM kit listed here and elsewhere. Old Canon FD mount lenses will not fit any Canon DSLRs. Old Canon EOS EF lenses will work with the T4i though some film-era 3rd party lenses may not be completely compatible. Note that the smaller sensor in the digital Rebels will crop the image from the lens and make it appear as if you are using a 1.6 times longer lens. For example, your old 50mm lens on the T4i will appear more like an 80mm would on your film SLR and 28mm and 35mm lenses won't be wide angle lenses when used on the T4i.
Apr 2, 2013 by Technology Guy
votes
Buy whichever is cheaper. The differences between the 2 are so small. T5i has a 360 degree dial and some extra creative filters. I don't think it's worth the extra price.
Apr 7, 2014 by oluwasegun
votes
Yes it has a 3.5mm mic input.
Nov 21, 2013 by cameron duncan
votes
Comes with a charger, USB Cord to upload photos, a cd to help you learn about your new camera, a few Manuel's, camera lense protectors, and a camera strap.
Mar 17, 2013 by Sarah m
votes
Yes, I am also a youtuber. I got this because the video on it is better than the three, but its best for taking pictures around 5k res, The video and audio sound great, I have had no problems, at all, or any complaints, If I were you, id go on ebay, and get the cheap generic brand 2 pack batteries for this also, becuase it helps a ton when your out some place taking pictures, the one I got was under 20 bucks, and it even came with adapters, and a car charger.
Mar 24, 2015 by Thor Garrett
votes
Are you shooting full auto or using the creative zone? You can control your exposure time in the Tv & M settings the simplest way is to utilize the back touch screen use the Q button to access touch control select the shutter speed its the top left corner if the number has a " those are full seconds if its a fraction well thats a fraction of a second generally with a camera this heavy I wouldn't use slower than 1/160 without a tripod. If you are using other settings try adjusting your aperture (F stop) & ISO they are the other 2 legs of your exposure triangle. You my want to check out some books about your camera "Canon 4TI /650D Experience" by Douglas J. Klostermann is a good start! Keep learning & explore your new camera!
Jul 15, 2013 by Cheryl
votes
I love my camera! I've never really used it for that type of pics, but for me it does great. I took some pics of my brothers wedding, Kind of an indoor outdoor setting & I'd did great both ways. I think you'll really like it.
Mar 25, 2015 by britney
votes
While not as fast as Canon 7D, this camera can be used for action shots. Keep in mind that you will need a proper lens and some skill to obtain satisfactory results.
Feb 26, 2014 by Vladimir Sukalovic
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers