Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 119 questions
vote
If you don't already have an ultra-wide angle lens for your A1, then it is worthwhile to get the kit lens for less than $100 extra. Due to the 1.6x multiplier in focus length (when going from a full-frame to an APS-sized sensor), your old 28mm lens is now equivalent to 45mm. So you'll need the 18mm lens just to give you a 29mm view. [update] I just realized that the Canon A1 uses FD lens mount, which is incompatible with the modern EOS (EF and EF-S) lens mount used by Canon T1i. So you cannot carry over any lenses anyway.
Jun 21, 2009 by NLee the Engineer
vote
My recommendation would be the 50mm 1.8. Good standard focal length (although closer to 75mm with the smaller sensor). It is under $100.00 new. Short depth of field, great for portraits. Every Canon owner should have this lens. No zoom mind you, so it requires a little more work to get the shot you want. This lens is good, fast, and cheap.
Aug 4, 2009 by David Mangelsdorf
votes
Sorry, there are no teleconverters for EF-S lenses available in the US that I'm aware of. I've heard rumors of EF-S compatible (Kenko?) teleconverters from Hong Kong but I still haven't been able to verify. Either way, its likely that a teleconverter with the 55-250 wouldn't be much, if any, better than simply cropping the image (might as well put the T1i's extra megapixels to good use). Plus a 1.4X teleconverter would add a stop and a 2X would add 2 stops putting your lens' aperture above f5.6, the minimum needed for auto-focus to function.
Jul 17, 2009 by Technology Guy
votes
First off - if anyone here was into video cards - the same thing happened with a lot of the video cards a few years back - certain "pipelines" were disabled in the firmware, but existed and worked perfectly fine with the bios hack. Hopefully this camera will be the same thing :) However, I don't think I can take any more people complaining about the 1080p @ 20fps... What's your hang up? Are you upset you spent the dough on a fancy camera that does it @ 30fps and made that the average person will soon be able to capture video as well, at (literally) a fraction of the cost you had to pay? Why can't you just enjoy the 5D you rolled out the dough for? It's not like the person buying the T1i isn't going to be jealous of your 5D anytime soon :) The 20fps is a shame, yes - everyone I'm sure agrees that it would be worth the extra cash for a full standard 30fps... but what if that means enhancing the circuitry to really support it (if it's not a gimick) and that ends up doubling the price of the camera? Well, then it wouldn't seem like a huge deal, nor would it be as popular as it seems it will be. I've seen many people say they are so disappointed - blahblahblah - and then at the end of their ravings or in another post they admit they are going to buy one anyway. It's really pointless then to complain and waste so many peoples time like I am right now complainging about your complaining. So I'll get to my point (besides the video card bios thing). Most cell phones that do video only shoot at 10 or 15fps and the standard customer buying the DSLR for PHOTOGRAPHY will be more than impressed with either 720p or 1080p even at limited framerates because of the price and the fact they can now afford it (vs the 5D markII which feels like an arm and a leg for most people). There are still countless things that the 5D MarkII has over the T1i and I won't waste everyone's time listing it all here - the 5D MarkII is worth it's weight if you need or will use those features - simple enough. But considering you get the clarity of 1080p and it's by no means unwatchable (AND the person using it EXPECTS IT to be that way) - it just seems awesome to me that this camera will exist and I congradulate Canon on their accomplishment of this camera to offer so much for so little. As for someone here who said spend a little more and get the 50D - why spend more on the 50D when the T1i has the same sensor and many of the same features? I own a 50D and already have a T1i on pre-order - I'm looking forward to the video, as well as having a second body... I will miss the faster FPS and the incremental ISO settings most - but for the most part - I can't say in the least that I'm disappointed with the video samples floating around... I'm incredibly excited. Anyone who buys the T1i for professional usage really needs to rethink their priorities about their profession - it's not meant to be a professional camera - it's an ENTRY LEVEL camera... it's the Rebel line. If you want high def at a superb quality and video is more your thing - then obviously you're not buying what you should if you pick up a T1i. It's meant for the average home video - and I am incredibly excited to get my hands on it and fill up a few terabytes of my 2 year old daughter doing all the cute things she does - even if it's at 20fps in 1080p or stepped down to 720p to get a smoother framerate... *shrugs* I hope everyone reading doesn't get offended by this - I think people fixate themselves on the Nikon/Canon war and/or the latest features of a product and not look at the market it is aimed for. I'm a Canon junkie - and even I will admit Nikon has some great stuff - if I didn't have thousands and thousands wrapped up in the Canon brand I'd have picked up a Nikon or two by now as well. Nikon makes Canon work harder and Canon makes Nikon work harder and we the consumer get lots of great features and prices because of it all. But I hope people give more respect to Canon for at least leaving the feature there for people to play with (1080p @20fps) because it's just for fun after all. Would you rather they have just left it out and had a 720p camera released cheaper than Nikon? I'll enjoy it because it's there. I hope you do too (you know you're going to get one ... admit it :) Happy shooting
Apr 10, 2009 by Erik R. Tank
votes
Yes, all Canon EF and EF-S lenses are compatible.
Jun 28, 2014 by Technology Guy
votes
comes with the lens? Aug 14, 2013
Hi Luis, Yes this comes with the, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens And the T1iis a great camera. I had one, but upgraded to the T3i for the tilting screen and 18 mega pixels aintead of 15.
Aug 14, 2013 by Judith Taylor
votes
Hi, I'm not sure but the battery is the easiest place to start. is it charged with the right charger ? It should take a while to charge the battery (generally a couple of hours) if it charges faster, it probably is the battery. you have to replace rechargeable batteries periodically.
Jun 16, 2013 by lureen ferretti
votes
You'll got a lot more answers on the Digital DLR or Photography forums. Anyways, the T1i is fine. You'll need an ultra-wide angle lens like the Canon 10-22mm or equivalent, a sturdy tripod (not the $25 ones) and likely need an external flash like the Canon 430EX.
Mar 22, 2012 by Technology Guy
votes
Initially, I was also thinking of purchasing XSi earlier but now zeroed in on T1i (or 50D - wallet permitting) because (1) higher Effective Pixels in T1i / 50D - 15.1 M as against 12.2 M. ( I agree not a big factor for casual / normal photography) (2) HD Video in T1i (though one of my last considerations , but still it's a cool feature to have - managing a DSLR & Camcorder during an event / ceremony is difficult for me ) (3) DIGIC 4 Image Processing engine in T1i / 50D is better than Digic III in XSi (4) Lower ISO Rating / range in case of XSi (100-1600) as compared to T1i / 50D (100-3200 expandable to 6400,12800) meaning better performance in low light for T1i / 50D. (5) Number of LCD dots (in the LCD screen) is much higher in T1i / 50D (920,000) as against XSi (230,000) meaning better LCD visibility in bright sunlight. (6) Last but not the least , XSi was launched in January'08 as against March'09 for T1i - so you have already lost ~1.5 years out of 5 year life!! However , in case of Pixel density and price XSi scores over T1i/50D. Btw, cost difference is not much for T1i with and without the kit lens - better go for T1i kit. Canon 28-135mm zoom lens is ok but I like Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens. Hope this will be helpful for you.
Aug 3, 2009 by Gadget Geek
votes
Yes the lens is removeable, they make several different lenses for this camera
Aug 7, 2013 by Donnie
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers