5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, well-illustrated.
Published on May 13, 2011 by dr.mom

2.0 out of 5 stars It is not what I thought it was
I am looking for a book that begins at the how to turn on camera and goes from there. In simple language that I can understand. I just want to know how the camera works and to take simple pictures. Too much in depth for a beginner!
Published 18 months ago by Margaret

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, well-illustrated., May 13, 2011
dr.mom (Grand Rapids, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D Digital Field Guide (Kindle Edition)
At the time of this writing, there are only two books about the Canon T3i available on Amazon. With both (Kindle editions) being sold at $9.99, I would have to say that the Digital Field Guide is the MUCH better deal. It's clear, concise, well-illustrated. It gives examples, and provides photos for better understanding of concepts. You won't need to go back and forth between this and the manufacturer's manual because this book tells you everything you need to know. If this had been available earlier (I believe it came out just a few days ago!), I might have ended up buying and reading this one first. I probably wouldn't have needed to search for anything more. Highly recommended, especially for the DSLR novice who wants a great book that will tell you everything!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE book to buy to make the most of your camera!, July 17, 2011
This book is fantastic! It takes the place of both your camera manual and a great introduction to photography. I've read the book cover-to-cover and also purchased the Kindle edition so I'd have it with me on my iPhone when I'm out taking photos. The author has a great way of explaining complicated concepts while often offering easy ways to remember them. She repeats some concepts just enough to hammer them home without seeming repetitive. She illustrates most of the concepts with her own photos. This is the first book I've ever read which actually explained the use of the depth of field preview button so that I finally understand how to use it. The index is much easier to use than the Canon manual, and there is even a color card enclosed. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find your answers here!!, August 13, 2011
This book is a fantastic resource to understanding your Rebel T3i in a USABLE format! Lowrie walks through the T3i's many capabilities in an easy-to-follow manner with simple instructions. As a DSLR newbie, you are guided to basic camera functions and descriptions, but as you progress to an intermediate photography level she outlines excellent techniques to use with this camera, and Lowrie also highlights more advanced functions available. Everything is presented in a clear and articulate manner. It has helped me to understand my camera much better and I wil be able to produce better photographs as a result. Definitely a great tool to keep in your camera bag,

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, April 2, 2012
A great book to explain the workings of the Canon T3i camera. Great detail and a must for Canon owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative book, December 4, 2012
R. Brown (Marion, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I always find the instruction manual from the manufacturer difficult to understand. The author of this book has made the information very understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good guide, January 30, 2014
Well this guide is very informative, I started reading and couldn't stop. I just finished, now it's time to review! I can't wait... Very good guide for the T3i Rebel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Beginners..!!!, December 18, 2013
Great Book for Beginners aspiring to become hobbyist photographers.
Highly recommended, a must buy for all enthusiasts..Go get one now...!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, December 8, 2013
This book is so helpful, it's has everything the manual has that came with the T3i but just a much better explanation on each subject. When I have a question or need help to use my T3i, I use this book...I give it Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D Digital Field Guide, December 4, 2013
Linda Butler (WENDELL, ID, US) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic as it shows everything on the camera and gives all the complete instructions on how to use this camera except I'm not smart enough to know how to use the menu on the camera. Don't know how to get the viewfinder to put the projected picture in the viewfinder.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book!, October 28, 2013
I totally mess-up and did not buy the digital version of it so I didn't have to carry with me, but the book is awesome and explains very detail everything... I do recommend it for those who just got into this cameras.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›