5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Battery vs. Generic
Published on August 21, 2005 by Vet Student

3.0 out of 5 stars Good not Great
Published on April 27, 2006 by Brian Koch

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Battery vs. Generic, August 21, 2005
This review is from: Canon NB-2LH Rechargeable Battery Pack for Rebel XT/XTi Digital SLR Cameras and VIXIA HV Series and ZR Series Camcorders - Retail Packaging (Electronics)
I have been using my Canon PowerShot S30 camera for a couple of years now. When I purchased it, I also purchased an extra generic rechargeable battery pack to go with it. At the time I figured I would save the money and name brands are not always better. Looking back on it, I wish I sould have spent the extra $25 and gotten a Canon battery. The generic battery only lasts about a 1/4 of the time that my Canon battery does. Also after a couple of years of use my Canon is still running strong while my generic battery barely lasts at all. I am now getting ready to purchase a second battery for my Canon for a family trip in September and I will only be purchasing a Canon brand battery.

THE BOTTOM LINE: If you are going to be cheap and a penny pincher, then you are going to get a cheap worthless battery. If you want a battery that will keep its charge and that you can count on, buy a Canon battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting and Dependable!, August 11, 2005
This battery is long-lasting! I own two of them for my Digital Rebel XT camera!

I also (until recently) had the Canon S50 camera and the battery did very well with it!

This battery seems to charge very fast too!

I think it is well-worth buying 2 of them, but the battery lasts so long that you can easily get by with only one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good not Great, April 27, 2006
If you use AI focus along with an IS lens a lot make sure you buy about 4 of these if you plan to shoot for more than a few hours in a day without recharging. I can get about 1,000 pictures out of two when used with the Rebel XT and battery grip when I am not using AI focus. But with AI activated I have been left without any juice on several occasions. That is why I ordered two more of these, to make sure I can get 3-4 hours of AI focus shooting without having to recharge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good extra battery for the Rebel, August 10, 2007
Richard Eltzroth (Cotopaxi, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
With all the recent news about Chinese knockoffs of digital camera batteries, especially on Ebay, getting genuine Canon batteries is a priority for me. Why try to save a few dollars on an off-brand battey and risk burning up the expensive camera? Not worth it to me.
Plus the Canon batteries have the capacity and life-span that you expect.
Pay the extra amount so you don't have to worry about damaging your camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rechargeable battery pack, July 27, 2007
Dennis Lockhart (In the sticks North of Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
I spend several days at a time in the forest on horseback - no convenient way to recharge a battery pack. I have a Rebel XTi and have yet to run out of power whether shooting wildlife during the day or around the campfire at night. Great peace of mind and a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great battery, November 23, 2006
I would highly recommend buying a Canon battery over an after-market brand. I have bought two non canon batteriesfor my powershot S30 and both failed to last as long as the original canon battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and capacity, September 24, 2006
I've been using these in the Rebel XT since about two weeks. On Friday I went to a show at a local bar and took about 600 shots in medium to low light conditions (just small stage lights lighting up the band) and finally killed the battery after about 2 1/2 hours/600 shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must-have" for Canon digital cameras, January 3, 2007
moondune "The Stupid" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
What else should I say? Just imagine you are running out of battery during a precious trip you planned a long time. For my XTi, each pack can take at least 400 photos with 10% flash usage. The recharging only takes about 1 hours.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Is This The Real Video Camera Battery? Hmmmm, October 12, 2011
I was not satisfied with this purchase. The description and picture of this so called Canon Battery is deceiving. I thought it was supposed to be the real deal. When the item arrived in the mail, right away I knew it wasn't. I compared it to my other REAL Cannon battery and it is different in these ways: The color of the battery is black and it should be silver but that was my fault for not noticing this on the picture here. The packaging was sloppy and could easily slide the battery in and out of it. The numbers on the battery were messed up and looked tampered with. The lettering on the battery is also not right. The little silver plates on it looked scratched. When I went to charge the battery, I let my tape run to see how long it lasts and it is 70-90 minutes. I called the actual Cannon website and asked if this was all normal and they said no. They checked with their supervisor and they also said the battery should last 120 minutes, should not be scratched, etc...I don't believe this is the real thing. Luckily I have some life left in my other old battery. All in all, if you want a probably fake battery, the price is fair but don't be fooled. I can't say for sure it is or isn't but from what it seems is that I've been had. It would have been more respectable to just be fully honest with products.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!!!!!!!!!! Potential COUNTERFEIT!!!!!!!, August 10, 2011
This is not just a bad/cheap battery! It is a COUNTERFEIT! (or at least the one I received in November of 2010 is).
My G9 has stopped working and the people repairing it have told us that this battery is to blame.
It sends too much power through the camera and makes the cameras circuit board swell, eventually ruining it.
My next step will be to contact Amazon in the hopes of preventing other people from ruining their cameras.

ARRAY(0xadd8df78)