Canon T3i vs. T3 I'm new to the SLR world and trying to figure out the difference between the T3i and T3. Any help is appreciated.
asked by Shirley Bonne on May 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 31-40 of 60 answers
A
votes
So, is the T3 a good camera for beginning auroral photography?
st answered on March 21, 2012

A
votes
remember though, the 50mm on the T1,T2,T3 ect will be an 80mm equivalent, the 28 or the 35mm is much closer to giving you the angle of a 50, compared to a full frame sensor camera, like a 5D
James Papas answered on April 16, 2012

A
votes
The Canon T3 is the base DSLR model, with limited video capabilites and a 12m sensor. The T3i is the deluxe model with an 18m sensor and full manual video capabilities, featuring a 3" high pixel count swing out LCD. I prefer the T3 because I shoot interview videos in 720p and the T3 never overheats. In addition I can take up to 18 minute videos. I use vintage Nikkor lenses with adapters exclusively, and I shoot in manual mode and get completely professional results. The only downside is preset shutter speed, but as long as I don't try to tape a sporting event it's not a problem.
RIchard Sarta answered on September 8, 2012

A
votes
I am also trying to decide between these two cameras. It appears to me that the T3i has image stabilization whereas the T3 does not. Is that correct? Also, am I understanding correctly that the T3 does not have the automatic dust cleanser? I have a Rebel XSi and I'm looking for my niece.
Rhonda Johnson answered on November 10, 2012

A
votes
I'm also considering either the T3i or T3. I'm buying a dslr for taking jewelry photos, I don't shoot videos (but curious to know if the video on a dslr is better than the video on a point-n-shoot?). All I care about is the photo image quality and details, will both cameras give me the same image quality? should I go for T3 and save the money on a good lens instead? what kind of lens should I get for talking jewelry photos? or do I even need to buy a separate lens?

I'm also thinking about getting the Canon PowerShot SX50 HS point-and-shoot because of the zoom, I guess with this camera I don't need to spend the money on a lens, but do you think the image quality will be as good as a dslr such as the T3i/T3?

Thanks for your answer in advance!
Steve Liu answered on January 20, 2013

A
votes
would like to know if this camera is worth the money, I have been wanting to get a camera for a starting professional photografer but I am just starting. And I know canon is the best plus I could use the camcorder on it. does this camera have hve a good shot results? my name is Dama Hinds 479-871-512, there is only1 used left and I want to pay tonite.
Dama H. answered on February 26, 2013

A
votes
why the models on canon T'S
sunset answered on March 3, 2013

A
votes
I'm having trouble downloading photos on this Canon EOS rebel to my laptop. This function used to work perfectly before, and now, the icon for the download won't even show up. Can anyone help me troubleshoot?
Mitochondrion answered on May 19, 2013

A
votes
What does t3i mean
Tabatha answered on June 9, 2013

A
votes
canon t31 vs t4
red-headed sue answered on June 10, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›