Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on June 22, 2005
First off I must say I love my A95. It has the features I want (other than zoom range), plus the rather smallish size is nice after toting 3 SLR bodies and 6 lenses around for years. This telephoto conversion lens is nothing special though, and has some limitations.

1. Need to use LCD for precise framing/viewing. The adaptor sticks out about 1-1/2 inches, and the lens is about another 2 inches, and being 52mm diameter, they block much of the view through the finder.
2. Only for use at maximum zoom setting. Essentially it makes your zoom camera a fixed-focal length camera.
3. The end is not threaded so there is no way to mount filters to it.

The largish size and black plastic finish sort of throw off the style of the A95 itself (should have been silver or gray to blend in). Comes with front and rear slip-on plastic caps and a pouch. I'm not thrilled, but for $85 I guess it is OK within its limitations.
on January 17, 2007
This is a poor excuse for a lens coming from Canon. Can only be used at a certain zoom or you will get a circular ring around the photo. Please do not waste your money like I did.
on September 21, 2005
Pretty much ditto to what the others below say. Thing looks cheap "the adaptor" and both mounted on my A510 make it look like a bazooka. One thing to remember is when you use the adaptor the flash becomes useless as the adaptor an lens hide about a third of it. "not that you could use a flash at that distance anyway". I also have the widw angle which I personally find alot more usefull for outdoor shots. One more thing to consider, did you buy your cam to be a national geographic wanna be and lug around a bunch of lens/filters etc or have fun taking point and shoot pics with the occansional manual mode ones thrown in?
on December 18, 2007
I used the teleconverter extensively during a recent photography seminar at Wolf Park in Indiana. I was pleased with the quality of the resulting pictures, most of which were far better than I'd have been able to achieve without the converter. The converter is not effective over the entire 0-4x optical zoom range of my Powershot A520 because the small-diameter opening on the camera end of the converter is smaller than the lens. You should only expect it to extend the upper end of the zoom, not magnify the entire range. The converter is not threaded to accept filters, which was something of a disappointment. All in all, the device met my expectations and helped me to make the most of the seminar I attended. I haven't used one of the (much) less expensive aftermarket products and so can't tell if a third of the purchase price would have given as good a result.
on September 11, 2007
Love it! A must have if you miss your SLR but still want a small digital camera. It compliments my Canon A570IS very well.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse