Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 18, 2015
Superb camera, excellent in low light, great color saturation. I bought a second one for multi-camera shoots.
on June 30, 2015
so far an excellent canon camera. good color, resolution - i can edit by direct import to my imoviemac,buti export putting the sd card into a reader.
on May 19, 2015
Love it, love it, love it! For a consumer hand-cam, this unit delivers every time. I chose the model with no internal storage due to cost, but in hindsight, I might not make that choice again. Not sure. Regardless, where it counts, this camera does a fine job. Canon optics are incredible as it is, but all that digital capture on the other side of the optics is almost like magic. It provides perfect images every time, and it's just about three years old now. Still going strong.
on November 4, 2014
Have used for over a year and it still works great
on October 6, 2014
Great product, pictures, audio playback are excellent.
Even a novice like me, could take videos like pro.
Camcorder's operation is simple and manual controls are easy accessible.
on October 1, 2014
GREAT camera, easy to use. Very reliable. takes terrific videos. Easy to transfer to PC.
on August 1, 2014
Best camera ever. Video quality superb. Been using it for two years now, and everyone I shoot with this camera is surprised that such a quality video comes from such a small camera. Most people expect good footage to come from those "professional looking" big camcorders that often need to be carried on a shoulder.
on June 8, 2014
Canon has the best customer support … PERIOD. If I have to purchase a camera, a printer, a camcorder or any digital device on the market, the first thing I do is check and see if Canon makes one. That is because in addition to making a superior product, they have the best customer support and are second to none. Most companies play 20 questions and demand piece of information they can get, the better to sell you something, even though you are calling to ask a question. NOT AT CANON. If you call and ask them how to do something, they answer the question. They don't ask you for the serial number and why should they. If I ask how to transfer video from my camcorder to my Mac, the answer is the same even if I don't own their camcorder, or if my camcorder is out of warranty. So they simply answer the question. I wish all companies treated their customer support callers this well.
on June 3, 2014
The image stabilizer is top notch and the array of filters, colors, themes, settings, and even camera settings is pretty impressive.
getting this with a SDHC class 10 high speed card is a sweet combo. I still wish I had it but the housekeeping in a motel in Pamona California (lemon tree i think) stole it and thanks to motel anti-liability, apparently they arent liable if stuff comes up missing...total crap.

The built in mic could be far better and you might be better off picking up the dead cat clip on mic for the top of this camera or plugging in a mic into the side.
The mic port being in the side of the camera is not my favorite placement, it puts a lot of stress on the port to use something like a stage/studio mic with it jarring out sideways from the little 3.5mm jack. Probably would have been better placed at the bottom bear the back battery.

I got this Camera when it was like $417 (Not on sale) But now it seems to be far more expensive...doesn't obsolete stuff usually get CHEAPER with age?! Some sellers are dumb I guess.

This camera is great with the Manfroto tripod stand that locks in place with a thumbwheel, just a thought!
Would but again, wish it was cheaper! :D

The basic battery life is dissapointing and while Wasabi power 2 pack batteries (BP-727) are fantastic, Canon has a bad habit of proprietaryness and makes it where the ONLY way to tell how much juice is in a battery is to use official canon batteries (which have a chip in the battery that syncs with the camera) so you have to guess it by testing
on June 2, 2014
I bought this last year and I love it! I bought it to do Youtube videos. The video quality is really good. Very pleased. Worth the money.