5.0 out of 5 stars Excellet - worked perfectly
Published on August 31, 2011 by Water vacation

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great once, then leaked.
I actually bought this product at a different store, as a package deal with the camera, but I had seen it here and wanted to update the reviews.

Published on April 27, 2012 by Trevor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellet - worked perfectly, August 31, 2011
This review is from: Canon WP-DC320L Waterproof Underwater Housing Case for PowerShot Elph 300 HS Camera (Electronics)
Used this waterproof case for my new cannon elph during 6 day vacation in Hawaii. It worked perfectly and I managed to take nice pictures in the water every day. I was deciding between buying a waterproof camera or buying a regular camera + waterproof case, this option turned out cheaper and better. Most of the reviews of the waterproof cameras said they didn't take good pictures outside the water. This case worked perfectly for me, and I took fantastic pictures and videos in the water. It comes with a string that you can tie around your arm and swim without worrying about holding it. I highly recommend this case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, September 9, 2011
A functional, inexpensive alternative to Canon's deeper case, this housing does the job well. ALL features of the camera are available through the housing and none need coaching. All are just as they are out of the housing.
The camera is easily installed and removed from the case, and the case performed for me at depths below its specifications. The camera stayed dry, and the camera was able to adjust well to the unique lighting underwater. It's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case. No worries, July 27, 2012
Took this case in salt water half a dozen times with no problems and no hint of leakage.
The case is well built and the controls all work fine. I even used the flash a couple times and it worked fine.
I was snorkeling and went 6-8 feet down many times. Never more than that.

According to the instructions there is a replacement seal available for the case if you should ever need. That's a plus.

One thing I did which I don't know if it matters, when I flew I kept the case in my carry-on bag with the cover open so pressure did not build up inside the case during the flight. Theoretically a 10' dive would be 4.4 psi of pressure, so that is what the case can withstand. Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 +/- and flying in a plan you are likely to experience about 10 psi cabin pressure. That is pretty close to the max tolerance of the case. I would not expect the seal to be permanently damaged because of this but hey, its a free precaution. Why not take it.

Any $50 device that protects your $200 camera from a watery grave should make you nervous but this one worked great.
I'm glad I bought the Canon case and not a no-name knockoff!

One other note, the only issue I experienced was occasional lens fogging when I moved the case between above and below water frequently, also one time when I left the case in the sun (DON'T DO THAT, it gets hot in there). It was an easy fix, pop the back open when I was sure not to get wet, let the case air out for 10 seconds, close it back up. Problem solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars made for the 300HS, August 21, 2011
*~==G >°o'.\ (New England }}}}) - See all my reviews
just used this in cancun to film snorkeling with whale sharks.
worked incredibly.

one caveat, it can fog up. so it's best to close it just before you enter the water, otherwise you will get a bit of fog.

amazing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great once, then leaked., April 27, 2012

We used the case for snorkelling in Hawaii. The first day it worked awesome, got some great shots. The camera came out of the waterproof case that evening for dinner, then went back in the case the next day. I was snorkelling at Black Rock, Maui. When I got around the front tip of the rock, I noticed a small amount of water on the lens, so I headed back to shore. By the time I got back, there was almost 1/2" of water in the bottom of the case, and the camera was fried - would no longer turn on.

I opened the case, and found no contamination on the seal, so I'm not sure why it leaked. I also did not dive to any depth, I stayed at the surface, so there was no excessive pressure on the case either. The best I can assume is it was either defective or poorly made.

Anyway, I will be returning it where I bought it, and likely will not request replacement in case the same thing happens. Thankfully I only bought it 3 weeks ago, so I'm likely within my return period - had I owned it for a while, I might have a fried camera and no way to get my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pictures!, June 20, 2012
I used this product on 2 water vacations. I was pleasantly surprised by the great quality/detail of the pictures taken. It was easy to incorporate my camera in the waterproof casing. I did noticed that the casing scratched very easily when I attempted to clean it after the first use (salt water snorkeling) and was quite concerned that that picture quality would be lost. As it turned out, the pictures turned out fine and the waterproof casing continued to perform as advertised. Because I was concerned about the negative reviews, I did perform underwater pre-testing of the sealed casing without my camera first so as not to ruin my camera. This really is a great product which allowed my to capture great underwater shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought this sooner!, October 19, 2012
When you figure you spend about $10 on a waterproof disposable camera, and then another $10 or so processing it, this case just really makes sense - it will pay for itself after just a few uses. I was really, really impressed with how easy it was to snap on and to use the controls. The case didn't seem like much, but it was leakproof and even being handled by a two-year old in the pool didn't accidentally pop it open. The pictures turned out great! I'm glad it came with a wriststrap, just a nice bonus. Easy to pop the camera in and out. The only downside I guess could be that you have to take the strap off the camera before putting it into the case each time, but for us that's not a big deal because we're not in the water every day, and it's really worth the minute it takes to switch it around to use the case. I wasn't sure I could justify the expense for this, but considering we'll get a lot of use out of it, I'm glad I did, and I wish I had bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars I committed to buying this before I bought my camera, September 9, 2013
I decided that for my trip to Mexico (where I was going to dive with whale sharks), I wanted an underwater housing that was compatible with the Canon Elph line. Great cameras... easy to use... superior image processing. Found this housing, then picked the camera. Phenomenal pictures, easy to use and reach all buttons. So appreciative that it isn't $300.

If you're wondering if it's worth it... it is..... 100x over.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my first underwater case, and I love it!, December 6, 2012
Nakia Harris (California - USA) - See all my reviews
This case has proven itself several times and I've actually taken it to 15 feet deep twice with absolutely no leaks. I make sure to take good care of it by cleaning it immediately when I'm done using it and storing it in the open position so as not to make a permanent imprint in the seal. And so far, after almost a year, it still looks and works like new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Take your Camera Underwater, September 8, 2012
Sharon B. Wilbur (New Hartford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I can't tell you how much fun the kids have had in the pool with this case. When you wrap this around your Powershot, you can take it underwater. I have taken great pictures of the kids swimming, and they even take it and take pictures themselves while they're diving.

I don't really like having to take the camera strap off (there is no room for it in the case), but the case has a strap. Putting them on and taking them off, however, is a little inconvenient. But all in all, the case is awesome.

Rate and Discover Movies