Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on August 31, 2011
Used this waterproof case for my new cannon elph during 6 day vacation in Hawaii. It worked perfectly and I managed to take nice pictures in the water every day. I was deciding between buying a waterproof camera or buying a regular camera + waterproof case, this option turned out cheaper and better. Most of the reviews of the waterproof cameras said they didn't take good pictures outside the water. This case worked perfectly for me, and I took fantastic pictures and videos in the water. It comes with a string that you can tie around your arm and swim without worrying about holding it. I highly recommend this case!
22 comments13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2011
A functional, inexpensive alternative to Canon's deeper case, this housing does the job well. ALL features of the camera are available through the housing and none need coaching. All are just as they are out of the housing.
The camera is easily installed and removed from the case, and the case performed for me at depths below its specifications. The camera stayed dry, and the camera was able to adjust well to the unique lighting underwater. It's great.
44 comments16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
I actually bought this product at a different store, as a package deal with the camera, but I had seen it here and wanted to update the reviews.

We used the case for snorkelling in Hawaii. The first day it worked awesome, got some great shots. The camera came out of the waterproof case that evening for dinner, then went back in the case the next day. I was snorkelling at Black Rock, Maui. When I got around the front tip of the rock, I noticed a small amount of water on the lens, so I headed back to shore. By the time I got back, there was almost 1/2" of water in the bottom of the case, and the camera was fried - would no longer turn on.

I opened the case, and found no contamination on the seal, so I'm not sure why it leaked. I also did not dive to any depth, I stayed at the surface, so there was no excessive pressure on the case either. The best I can assume is it was either defective or poorly made.

Anyway, I will be returning it where I bought it, and likely will not request replacement in case the same thing happens. Thankfully I only bought it 3 weeks ago, so I'm likely within my return period - had I owned it for a while, I might have a fried camera and no way to get my money back.
44 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2011
just used this in cancun to film snorkeling with whale sharks.
worked incredibly.

one caveat, it can fog up. so it's best to close it just before you enter the water, otherwise you will get a bit of fog.

amazing.
1313 comments10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2012
I used this product on 2 water vacations. I was pleasantly surprised by the great quality/detail of the pictures taken. It was easy to incorporate my camera in the waterproof casing. I did noticed that the casing scratched very easily when I attempted to clean it after the first use (salt water snorkeling) and was quite concerned that that picture quality would be lost. As it turned out, the pictures turned out fine and the waterproof casing continued to perform as advertised. Because I was concerned about the negative reviews, I did perform underwater pre-testing of the sealed casing without my camera first so as not to ruin my camera. This really is a great product which allowed my to capture great underwater shots.
on July 27, 2012
Took this case in salt water half a dozen times with no problems and no hint of leakage.
The case is well built and the controls all work fine. I even used the flash a couple times and it worked fine.
I was snorkeling and went 6-8 feet down many times. Never more than that.

According to the instructions there is a replacement seal available for the case if you should ever need. That's a plus.

One thing I did which I don't know if it matters, when I flew I kept the case in my carry-on bag with the cover open so pressure did not build up inside the case during the flight. Theoretically a 10' dive would be 4.4 psi of pressure, so that is what the case can withstand. Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 +/- and flying in a plan you are likely to experience about 10 psi cabin pressure. That is pretty close to the max tolerance of the case. I would not expect the seal to be permanently damaged because of this but hey, its a free precaution. Why not take it.

Any $50 device that protects your $200 camera from a watery grave should make you nervous but this one worked great.
I'm glad I bought the Canon case and not a no-name knockoff!

One other note, the only issue I experienced was occasional lens fogging when I moved the case between above and below water frequently, also one time when I left the case in the sun (DON'T DO THAT, it gets hot in there). It was an easy fix, pop the back open when I was sure not to get wet, let the case air out for 10 seconds, close it back up. Problem solved.
11 comment8 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2012
When you figure you spend about $10 on a waterproof disposable camera, and then another $10 or so processing it, this case just really makes sense - it will pay for itself after just a few uses. I was really, really impressed with how easy it was to snap on and to use the controls. The case didn't seem like much, but it was leakproof and even being handled by a two-year old in the pool didn't accidentally pop it open. The pictures turned out great! I'm glad it came with a wriststrap, just a nice bonus. Easy to pop the camera in and out. The only downside I guess could be that you have to take the strap off the camera before putting it into the case each time, but for us that's not a big deal because we're not in the water every day, and it's really worth the minute it takes to switch it around to use the case. I wasn't sure I could justify the expense for this, but considering we'll get a lot of use out of it, I'm glad I did, and I wish I had bought it sooner.
review image
on April 22, 2012
This waterproof case does exactly what the product documentation says it will - allow you to take risk free pictures under water with your Elph 300. We bought this for a snorkeling trip and it worked perfectly. It's always a little daunting to take your camera underwater, but we had an excellent experience over 6 days of continued use. The open/close mechanism is super simple and very effective. The controls worked 100% of the time. Note I did very minimal diving, and never more than 5-6 feet.

The only issue I had - I did experienced some condensation inside the case on one occasion, making it impossible to take pics about 10 minutes into that outing. I had opened the case and took the camera out in between snorkeling trips, and kept the case near some wet gear overnight. To solve this, I left the case open overnight, made sure it was dry, put the camera back in, and the issue didn't re-appear. I did remove the camera a few times through the rest of the trip, but made sure to keep the case open and away from wet gear. Just something to be conscious of.
on September 8, 2012
I can't tell you how much fun the kids have had in the pool with this case. When you wrap this around your Powershot, you can take it underwater. I have taken great pictures of the kids swimming, and they even take it and take pictures themselves while they're diving.

I don't really like having to take the camera strap off (there is no room for it in the case), but the case has a strap. Putting them on and taking them off, however, is a little inconvenient. But all in all, the case is awesome.
on September 9, 2013
I decided that for my trip to Mexico (where I was going to dive with whale sharks), I wanted an underwater housing that was compatible with the Canon Elph line. Great cameras... easy to use... superior image processing. Found this housing, then picked the camera. Phenomenal pictures, easy to use and reach all buttons. So appreciative that it isn't $300.

If you're wondering if it's worth it... it is..... 100x over.