4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic housing - worked great, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Canon WP-DC43 Underwater Housing for the Canon PowerShot S100 (Camera)
Got this housing for my S100 and tested it empty in the laundry room sink. Sealed just fine. Took it on 14 dives the next week in Cozumel (I took it to 96 ft without any problems) and the thing performed like a trouper. I had access to every control I wanted (including the ring wheel on the front), and the flash diffuser worked just fine for closeup shots in the clear water (probably wouldn't use it where there's a lot of backscatter. The flash sat high enough to trigger the photosensor on my strobe. It is lightweight and positively buoyant. My strobe tray was enough to make it roughly neutrally buoyant. Since I hold the housing with my right hand, I really like the ring wheel control on the left (Ikelite puts theirs on the right, making it tough for me to use on the fly).

I have used Canon's underwater housings for the past 5 years (I have the WP-DC4 for my SD600) and they perform very well (I've taken the DC4 to 130 ft with no problems). They take a lot of knocking around but never seem to get too scratched up, even though I keep them clipped to my BDC with a power retractor (they extend far enough to use the camera, and let you release the camera without worrying about it floating off, but you need to get the heavy duty kind for gauges and cameras).

There are only two gripes on this housing from me (why 4 instead of 5 stars). First, I have a Fantasea BigEye dome for wide angle correction. It is held in place with 4 bungees, but the housing only has 3 attach points. I had to epoxy a small D-ring to the housing for the 4th attach point. The second (and very minor) gripe is that the closure latch has a bit of play in it when closed. At first it made me think I hadn't closed the housing properly, but it is just some benign play in the hinge that doesn't affect the seal. A final note in case anyone from Canon is reading, a fiber optic port would be a great addition to this housing! Overall, a great housing that I'm glad to own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Underwater Case, July 13, 2012
Just back from a dive trip to Turks and Caicos. Overall, the case worked well, although I had a few issues. Condensation is a problem when using the flash, which I did a lot. Tried using a small desacant package, but it kept moving around in the case when I wasn't using the camera. Seemed the pack ended up in the flash compartment, blocking the flash when I would turn the camera back on, or it would block the screen. Also, I had set the control ring on my S100 for changing the compensation. The knob on the camera case was difficult to use and did not move the ring easily. On the plus side, the case is dependably waterproof - made dives to 100' without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 4, 2013
Works just as promised. All the camera's functions are accessible. Pretty amazing actually. I definitely recommend it for anyone who would like to take underwater photos. This case is only for the PowerShot S100 of course. It won't work with any other camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great enclosure for S100, August 8, 2013
I bought this for use on the beach on vacation and also on kayaking outings. It works well for both. As far as functionality, you can get to MOST things via the dials and buttons. The enclosure floats, which is handy. I've used it in a pool, the lake, and the beach and it has functioned well for everything I've asked of it. Overall, if you're looking for an enclosure for the S100, this is one of the least expensive and functions well.

I will say that you need to watch how much the camera is in the sun on the beach, particularly if it is the black one. It overheats easier in this enclosure because it's basically a mini-greenhouse. Just something to be aware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, November 26, 2012
The underwater casing for the camera works really well underwater! No leakage, and delivers really quickly! Worth my every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, December 14, 2013
I dove over 25 meters with this case and it protected my camera. What a great purchase!! Just make sure you get something to reduce the condensation. It should come with some more guidance or suggestions on this since it's bound to happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Access to all the controls., May 17, 2013
This housing gives you access to all the controls on the S100. Very nice for snorkelling and scuba, and also protects the camera if near water or sand.

5.0 out of 5 stars WP-DC-43 housing, September 18, 2013
Just a heads up that this case is actually on sale directly from Canon for $159 (includes tax and shipping). You can go on the website or call 1-800-652-2666. So don't get gouged for $230 + shipping from this gentleman. I'm not a shill or anything for Canon, it's just something I stumbled upon as they are having 50% off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, May 3, 2014
This was a replacement item for me so I new what I wanted. It arrived new out of the box and as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, March 12, 2014
Used this for a week snorkeling in the Galapagos and couldn't have been more pleased. I never had an issue with condensation like some people say, but I also didn't use the flash. Because I'm practically blind without my glasses (and I don't have a prescription mask), I used the video almost exclusively. It worked great and I was even able to take some freeze-frame shots and print those out as photos.