- auto-document feeder
- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
The PIXMA MP640 is the premium, wireless all-in-one printer you need. This fantastic imaging experience begins from the moment you start using the product. Built-in Wi-Fi1 capability lets you print wirelessly from anywhere around the house. You can also create a wired network if you choose via built-in Ethernet. Keep it green with built-in Auto Duplex Printing by automatically printing on both sides of the paper, which can help reduce your paper cost by 50%.
Print from anywhere in the house quickly and easily!
Enjoy superior maximum resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi2 with five individual ink tanks for amazing detail and beautiful photos. Easily preview and edit your images on the 3.0" Color LCD while you also quickly select the features you want with Easy Scroll Wheel. This product�' versatility continues with Auto Photo Fix II, to automatically correct your photos, Auto Scan Mode3, to automatically detect the type of original you are scanning and Quick Start, to allow for faster printer operation once the printer has been turned on. Plus, computer-free printing is available through compatible USB Flash Drives4, Memory Cards5, IrDA6, and optional Bluetooth7 devices. All of this with a stunning borderless 4�" x 6�" photo that prints in approx. 20 seconds8!
| Speed & Quality|
Superior Resolution: Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1pl ink droplet size. Incredible quality and detail in both your photos and business documents.
Individual Ink System: This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks and a pigment-based black ink to produce crisp, laser-quality text for documents. With individual ink tanks you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Fast 4" x 6" Printing: Print a borderless 4" x 6" in approx. 20 seconds!
ChromaLife100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album9.
The stylish PIXMA MP640 will stand out anywhere in your home.
|Ease of Use|
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Keep it green and print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can cut your paper usage by 50% to you save time, money and paper �- plus you're helping the environment!
3.0" LCD Screen: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Easy Scroll Wheel: Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened and color corrected to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings when accessed through the printer menu.
Beautiful & Borderless: Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11"
2 Way Paper Feeding: Load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your printing on plain or photo paper, you’re ready to print!
Quick Start: Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Dual Color Gamut Technology: Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying to help your copies stay true to it.
Print 2-sided to save paper!
Built-in Wireless: Be free of the wires that bind you�! Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer while you're in another room.
Built-in Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer�'s status at any moment.
USB Flash Memory/Memory Cards / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a USB Flash Memory Drive into your printers PictBridge port or compatible memory card into the built-in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from a Bluetooth-enabled device using the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Print directly from USB Flash drives.
What's in the Box?
The MP640 is compatible with the following consumables: PGI-220BK, CLI-221C, CLI-221M, CLI-221Y, and CLI-221BK.
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
3. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then �«Àsave to PC�«Â.
4. USB flash memory with security enabled may not be used. Requires an extension cable if cannot be attached.
5. Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™, MultiMediaCard® , MultiMediaCard® Plus , CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD™ Card, miniSDHCTM, microSD™ Card, microSDHC™, RS-MMC™ , Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
6. Requires mobile phone or other device with IrDA port positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
7. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
8. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
9. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Just thought I'd weigh in on the day of this thing's funeral. Bought it June 2010 because I needed something that could print better photos than my old hp5550 from college. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Jamie R. Long
This a great printer when it works, however, eventually you will get a code B200 - printer error, out of nowhere and your printer will be down for as long as it feels like it. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Heck Girl
Hit print, then go to work, then hit the gym, then grab a meal, by the time you get home your document may actually be available. Single slowest printer ever. Read morePublished 13 months ago by David Ermak
Overall, it's a good printer and easy to use, but it goes through ink very quickly.
-Good quality photo prints - colors are rendered clearly and with enough... Read more
I had high hopes for this one, I am a Canon fan but this one has me rethinking my position about Canon. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Stonington
Honestly, I liked this printer a lot. It printed pretty good pictures and served as a good home printer for almost 4 years. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Mr Orange
I bought this printer ages ago, and it prints just as good as the day I fired it up. Wireless printing works great! Copying a document gets all the detail. Prints dark blacks. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Steve
While this machine does a decent job of printing, it drinks ink and that ink is expensive. I don't do a lot of printing, but it seems like I'm constantly buying and replacing... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Kili19341
Stopped working after only a couple years. For the price, I expected it to last longer. We have owned cheaper printers that were more reliable.Published on November 17, 2013 by Chef Mom B