Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer (4204B019)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fully integrated 30 page auto document feeder for raid copying, scanning and faxing
- Super G3 high speed fax with 20 coded speed dials storing up to 50 incoming pages when receiving ITU-T No. 1 chart
- Various security features including password protected PDFs
- InchEasy-WebPrint EX-Inch lets you clip, arrange and print web contents
- Bonus 4-Inch x 6-Inch Photo Paper Included!
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA MX340 Wireless Home Office All-In-One delivers the versatility you need to experience increased productivity in your home or small office. Its built-in Wireless connectivity allows you to print or scan wirelessly1 from anywhere in the house. The built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder delivers fast copying or scanning of your originals so you can do other things while your printer is at work. Plus, various security features like password protected PDF’s let you feel safe about creating and distributing your most confidential files.
Print from anywhere in the house quickly and easily!
Super G3 High-speed Fax2 ensures efficient communication and thanks to Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, your copies will maintain the integrity of the original. This versatile Wireless Office All-In-One also prints photo lab quality pictures. Speaking of photos, take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology and print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch devices3. Enjoy additional computer-less printing capabilities via PictBridge4 and optional Bluetooth5 while you set your quantities on a Full Dot Matrix LCD. Easy-WebPrint EX6 allows you to print what you want off the web, when you want. So surf the web, create your layouts, combine text and pictures and print out pages however you like.
| Speed & Quality|
Terrific Resolution: This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 12007 maximum color dpi thanks to Canon’s Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges: These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for laser-quality text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
The PIXMA MX340 meets all of your printing needs and can fit virtually anywhere!
|Ease of Use|
Fully-Integrated Auto Document Feeder: The built-in 30-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) makes it easy to copy, scan or fax multiple documents without having to load them one at a time. Its full integration makes it easier to fit into tight spots and once it’s loaded it lets you do well, whatever you want.
Dual Color Gamut Technology: Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings8.
Quick Start: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Built-In Wireless: Print or scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
Super G3 Fax2: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer’s status at any moment.
iPhone Printing: Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch models.3
PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Thanks to a PictBridge4 connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth5 unit.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Print directly from Memory Cards/USB/PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth devices.
What's in the Box?
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
3. Requires Canon Easy Photo Print App for iPhone and iPod touch, available for free at the App Store.
4. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
5. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
6. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires internet connection during installation.
7. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
8. . For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature “Save to PC.”
9. Page count is based on ITU-T No. 1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No. 1.
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Top Customer Reviews
- AIO with fax.
- Mac friendly software
- Price point
- Sleek symmetric design vs. other brands (i.e. all trays are closable to create a neat look)
- Self opening output tray if tray is closed. I had other printers where if I forgot to open the output tray, the paper would just cumple up.
- Easy Wi-Fi setup
- reasonable replacement OEM ink cartridge prices.
- iPhone/iPod touch app for printing photos from your iPhone or iPod touch.
- USB cable included, useful and a must for initial setup
- so far I have not been able to fax from my MacBook wirelessly, though faxing from PC wirelessly works.
- slow start-up like most other users have experienced
I have owned AIO printers from HP, Lexmark, and Epson before. This model by far has been the best price performance for me.
1. OCR only scans text into notepad. Scan to Word does not work.
2. When the color ink runs out, you can not even print B/W copies.
The print quality is good and it print fast but Canon needs to fix the above 2 issues. It just doesnt make sense. My older printer which is a Brother MFC 210C can scan to word and I can still print B/W even when one of the color inks run out.
Setup was fairly straightforward using the wireless connection. The manual takes about 50 pages to get round to telling you that all you need to do is hit the menu button on the printer and find the LAN sub-menu, then choose the network and enter the password. The software for the iMac pretty much installs itself.
The included software is good. This is usually a problem with Macs and printers/scanners, but not this time. The scanner will scan straight into Mail, or into your Pictures folder, in jpg, tiff, or pdf. The scans are excellent, much better than the stand-alone HP Scanjet I paid $300 for not so long ago. Print quality is quite good, and reasonably fast, but I really got this for scanning and faxing, with just light duty printing when I don't want to walk over to the laser printer.
I am still laughing to myself over the insane value this represents. I honestly can't remember ever getting such a great piece of gear so cheap. It cost more to buy the Airport Express that hooks it to the LAN. I have never posted a review on Amazon before, but this machine is just so great that I had to.
I've been setting up equipment all my life (and liking it!) and I've got to say this has some of the worst documentation I've ever come across. The printed manual is a joke, leaving out huge blocks of information.
I tried following the manual as long as possible, but after reaching a dead end, my best option was to tinker and hope for a friendly user interface. Fat chance.
Another reviewer had mentioned disregarding the first 50 pages of the manual and setting up the wireless via the LCD display. That was the best advice I'd had all day. Even so, entering the router password was hardly intuitive, especially with caps, lower case, and special characters involved. Hint: cycle through the character types via the * key.
It turns out that the documentation on the installation CD is more complete, though it has more twists and turns than a plate of spaghetti. In Canon's defense, the machine does have a lot of features--but that's still no excuse.
Some of the CD contents seems unnecessary, especially for Mac users. At least Canon allows a custom installation and a pretty good explanation of what you are (or aren't) installing.
I'm used to scanning from within Photoshop and believe it or not, that is possible. I found a plugin and manually installed it in the appropriate Photoshop folder. It worked.
Obviously, Canon won't make any money on this until you go through a few ink cartridges. And judging from the small size of them, finding a reasonable price is a must. If you're considering this machine, remember it locks down functions when the ink is gone AND it uses color ink even when printing / copying in b/w.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Now I bought a used printer so I assumed it wasn't going to be in perfect order. Now when I got it it was damaged all to hell but luckily the only thing I needed from it was it... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Got this printer quite sometime ago... but run very well and is very simple to use.Published 5 months ago by Jimz
Setup is no problem. That's this printer's only save. From the second you press the power button you are bombarded with noise. Expect jams. Lots of jams. A LOT of jams. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Chase
works flawless had for years now and still going strong and was easy set up for windows and mac shared printer.Published 8 months ago by oke10710`
ok if in constant use, otherwise you need to buy ink every single time you use itPublished 9 months ago by Corinne Mary
4 years later I still have this printer! It acts up sometimes because of the wifi thing but it's great anyway!Published 10 months ago by Ari Catalan-Charles
1 star off for weak ink but that's not surprising for this kind of printer.Published 11 months ago by M. Ngo