Bring the ultimate wireless printing solution to you home or small office. The PIXMA MX870 Wireless1 Home Office All-In-One lets you print from any room in your home and boasts incredible 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 with tiny 1pl ink droplets and a 5 individual ink tank system. A built-in, fully integrated 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder means fast copying or scanning of your originals so you can tend to other tasks while the printer is at work. Its built-in Auto Duplex Printing prints 2-sided documents without having to manually flip the pages and can reduce your paper consumption by 50%. Combine both of those and you can automatically copy two sided documents without having to flip any paper manually at all. Additionally, various security features like password protected PDF’s let you feel safe about creating and distributing your most confidential files.
Super G3 High-speed Fax and networkable Ethernet ensure efficient communication and thanks to Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, your copies will maintain the integrity of the original while you produce remarkable scans at 4800 dpi. This versatile Wireless Office All-In-One also prints photo lab quality pictures. So, utilize 2 Paper Paths to easily select printing documents on plain and pictures photo paper without having to load one paper at a time. Speaking of photos, take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology and print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch devices with the new Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone App, available for free on the app store11. Enjoy additional computer-less printing capabilities via compatible memory cards3, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth4 while images are easy viewed on a 2.5” LCD.
Whether you’re running your business on a PC or Mac, the PIXMA MX870 meets all of your printing needs in one machine and can fit virtually anywhere!
| Speed & Quality|
Extraordinary Resolution: Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos. High Performance Individual Ink System: This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. Only replace the color ink tank that runs out. So, you save money on ink
Bring the ultimate wireless printing solution to you home or small office.
|Ease of Use|
Fully-Integrated Duplex Auto Document Feeder: The built-in 35-sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) makes it easy to copy, scan or fax multiple documents without having to load them one at a time. Its full integration into the lid makes it easier to fit into tight spots and once it’s loaded it lets you do well, whatever you want.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Keep it green and automatically print and copy on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, money and paper – plus you’re helping the environment!
Easy Scroll Wheel: Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
2.5” LCD Screen: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Dual Color Gamut Technology: Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
Auto Scan Mode:5 Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
Quick Start: Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types − Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery − then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
2 Way Paper Feeding: To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you’re ready to print!
Fully Integrated Duplex Auto Document Feeder.
Built-In Wireless: Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
Built-in Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer’s status at any moment.
Super G3 Fax: The business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials and up to 250 incoming pages6 to meet your every communication need.
iPhone Printing: Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch models.
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Print 11” x 14” from any of the 3-Way Paper Paths.
What's in the Box? PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer Cross Sell SheetGetting Started Important Information Sheet Network Setup Troubleshooting Read Before Setting Up the Machine Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROMWarranty Card PGI-220 (Pigment Black) CLI-221 (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) Power Cord Print Head Telephone Line Cable
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
3. Compatible memory cards include SDTM Memory Card, SDHC,TM MultiMediaCard ® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive,® Memory Stick,® Memory Stick PRO,TM Memory Stick DuoTM and Memory Stick PRO Duo.TM The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSDTM Card, miniSDHCTM, microSDTM Card, microSDHCTM, RS-MMCTM (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card,® xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
4. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance..
5. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then “Save to PC.”
6. Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
7. “ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set.”
8. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
9. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors.
10. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
11. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone App, available for free at the App Store.
12. Specifications are subject to change without notice. All printer output and viewscreen images are simulated.
13. Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semigloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
14. The Public Switch Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
15. Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
16. Transmission rate will be limited to IEEE802.11g and will operate in the 2.4GHz frequency band.
17. System requirements vary by application.
18. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires internet connection during installation.
19. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions.