Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon RC-1 Wireless Remote Control for Select DSLR Cameras
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on January 12, 2015
I don't know why, but I could never make this work. I hung it on the strap of my camera and then mounted the camera on a tripod. I had hoped to get a hands-free snap of the shutter, but this just didn't seem to work.
on July 31, 2006
After half an hour on tech support, a dead and worthless CR-1 sits before me as I type. You get what you pay for; and buyers ought beware that Canon offers NO support whatsoever for accessories. Best they could do was a lame suggestion that I mail the corpse to a factory in New Jersey where some guys would dork around with it.

The only reason I haven't given it a bottom rating of one star is in recognition of the fact that it did work as advertised until it died. It is useful for releasing the shutter without touching the camera and it does afford a measure of freedom in getting yourself in the frame. Its range is limited, however, so you're boxed in to composing with short lenses.

Bummer.
on August 1, 2014
This product is very small, only works with limited canon cameras, and must be line of sight (it is IR not RF). Be very cautious that you are buying the right canon remote for your camera. The main advantage of this product is that it is very small and portable.

The quality is cheap injection molded plastic, and for the price you can get a universal aftermarket radio transmitter.
on September 14, 2009
ive had this product for well over a year and it pisses me off most of the time. if you arent within 4 feet of the camera you just end up clicking the button wildly 20 times until it finally goes off when your not ready. lol.. but i still use it rather than setting the timer on the camera. keeps you from walking back and forth if you are taking multiple pictures.
on August 2, 2008
This remote works well in front of the camera, if you're working with a subject. However, If you want to use it BEHIND the camera, forget it. The product description "forgot" to mention that fact. This product is not a replacement for a cable remote, but can be used as a companion in certain circumstances.
on November 1, 2011
I've had this remote for two years and it's already stopped working. But hey, what can I expect from an electronic controller that's under $20.00.
It did work but is not very versatile. Too many times I found myself in a picture with my hand exposed and the remote visible. Also, the range is terrible, about 12' with new batteries.
I'm upgrading to a more expensive version, something I should have done from the beginning. Again, we get what we pay for, if you want cheap, you get cheap.
on September 6, 2005
Not what i was Hoping for. If your out side and it's sunny out you can forget useing this. It works if its indoors or its cloudy out. Interface is east to use and intigration with eos digital rebel is smooth. You can only go back about 16 feet with it to take a pic withougt haveing to wave it around like a lunitick for it to release the shutter. I am defently going to find an rf shuter release for my camera Enough of ir. if you plan on useing this inside then this is perfect for you!
on January 11, 2007
My new Wireless Remote for Canon Digital doesnt work with my Rebel XT. If its slightly cold, I need to hold this thing in my hands before it gets warm and operates. If its been lying for some time, I need to press the button a lot of times before it starts responding again. And the range is too small. Barely 3-4 feet. I dont think this product is worth the money spent.
on November 2, 2005
Everything works fine. Except for one CRITICAL shortcoming. I'm a mountaineer and often take group shots outdoors. Sometimes the camera needs to be MORE than 16 feet from the group, because of rough terrain or desired angles. At that distance the remote would not work consistently, so I would have to walk closer to the camera to activate it. However, the remote / camera firmware replaces the 9-second countdown that the onboard camera timer has with only 2 seconds. Meaning that I have only 2 sconds to re-join the group. Forget it. I might as well just run from camera to group in 9 seconds.

I think this product was designed by engineers who never use or field test their own products.
on January 17, 2008
This more of a comment about the retailer than the product itself. I have been unable to test the remote, because I suspect it arrived with a drained battery. The new battery will cost almost as much as the remote itself, so it sits in a drawer. I will never shop from that retailer again.