Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Nikon D40 or Canon Rebel Xt. I'm getting my first SlR, which should I get? I take a lot of nature pictures. Sunsets, animals, plants, scenry which one would be better.
asked by Michael P. Thomas on September 27, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I shoot with Canon, Nikon and Olympus, with that said, i'm always grabbing my Canon, reasons why: canon's lenses run the best of any i shot with, out of the box with even the cheapest kit lens i'm able to get excellent shots,(it takes some work with that 18-55, but it can be done. Also canon has the largestselection of lenses to fit any budget. I own a rebel xt, and xti, and am about to purchase a 5d to add to my arsenal. I shoot alot of wedding and portriat photography and these camera's no matter what you read about beginner, prosumer, provide me with the shots to keep my business up, running and customers happy. with that said, i cannot get the color saturation i need with my nikon d80, and while i can get some excellent shots with my olympus e500, its slower than the canon, to top it off the lenses are expensive because your stuck with the zuiko four third lens. My best advice to you is to get to a local camera/photography store and ask them to let u try them out..even in the store you can get a better judge for your self
Garth Gerold Jones answered on October 30, 2007
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi. I bought D40, but I have found some little differences between both. Canon accesories are cheaper. The D40 you have to look through the view finder, in other words, you cannot watch the picture you are going to take through the LCD screen. For those two reasons I would have preferred CANON XT. Pros: Nikon takes really nice pictures.
Eduardo Araujo answered on October 18, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
typically nikon work better with landscape and canon work better with animals.
Lynx answered on August 10, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product