For the Canon T4i, how is the grip on the camera and are the controls hany and easy to use?
asked by John B. Glad on February 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
To me the grip is good. I like the position it is designed in. the use of the buttons is very similar to T3 so I did not feel any difference. I like the touch screen and it works great.
Rafael Bragantini answered on February 16, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. Very good fit.
S. Clark answered on February 15, 2013

A
Compared to the camera that started my DSLR world, rebel xs, the grip on this one is much better there is rubber over grip area I haven't dropped it yet and I don't put the neck strap on my camera. As for the controls it doesn't take too long to figure out (if you've had a cannon DSLR before - if this is your first DSLR it could take you a while to tinker) the menu is MUCH more exstensive than the XS. but what you want to know is that most of the menu items are in the same places (file format, and picture options such as standard monochrome, etc.) the button layout is slightly different but not so wildly different you can't figure it out. The little camera icon button next to the view finder is the live view button! -hope this helps
Nell G. answered on February 15, 2013

A
The grip is similar to that found on most cameras in this range. Neither deep nor shallow, the real question is does it fit your hand? One's hands, width and length of fingers, will have the biggest impact here. This is a judgement you have to make yourself. The controls are logically laid out, using a touchscreen and a wheel for selections. As for its comparison to an SX50 HS, these are cameras in two different leagues. A 50x zoom is what you are purchasing, nothing more nothing less. With a T4i or any other entry level DSLR you are buying the flexibility of interchangeable lenses along with more shooting modes. The price you pay for a 50x built in zoom is that the maximum aperture is so-so, at F3.4-6.5, you also (with the T4i) can get 5fps, no so much with the SX50 HS. Different cameras for different people.
E. Dennis Bashaw answered on February 15, 2013

A
Hi, the camera is easy to handle and hold. The main issue I had was the weight. The camera is very lite. I like a camera with more weight if I am going to pay upwards of $1,000 buying extras. This is the reason I said, for the money, the SX50 HS is the camera to buy, it even shoots faster at around 13 fps. The T4i from what I can see is only around 5 fps. For a camera that you could spend upwards of $1,000 buying extras for, the T4i is not worth the money. Buy the SX50 HS, you will be very happy. With the T4i, you are at around $650. Now, start adding the battery grip to add more weight, start buying the macro lens and the zoom lens, you are at $1,000 in seconds. The SX50 HS has it all, you can take Macro shots with it and it has an amazing zoom at 50x. What more do you need. For around $400, the SX50 HS is a hands down winner over the T4i all day long! Keep the money in your pocket and buy the SX50 HS, you will save upwards of $600 right off the bat.
Amazon Customer answered on February 15, 2013

A
The controls are very user friendly. The touch screen is great and allows fast access to setting, like changing the iso. As far as the grip goes there are no problems and it handles really well. I like more weight to a camera so ill be investing in a battery grip. The T4i is a great camera over all
Dakota answered on February 15, 2013

A
Grip is fine. For me atleast. I do feel like I might drop it but I think that's because it costs a lot of money. Controls are great. You have the touchscreen controls too that are a great addition to the analogue method of capturing pictures. Hope this helps. It's a great camera.
Mr. Amit M Dave answered on February 15, 2013

A
The grip is nice, not very big in hand.
The controls are very easy to use.
Waleed M. answered on February 15, 2013

A
Seems to be very easy to get used to the camera and it's functions.
wolf1 answered on February 15, 2013

A
Grip and controls are very satisfactory.
Harriet C. Foster answered on February 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›