5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding printer, great value
I had a Canon BubbleJet BJC-4200 long ago, and after that printer I was very hesitant to even consider another Canon printer. When my most recent printer died, an HP DeskJet 970cse, I needed to find a good printer that could print duplex and produce quality output. After reading many, many reviews I decided to give Canon another chance. I am very glad that I did so...
Published on November 1, 2007 by Matthew K. Morgan

2.0 out of 5 stars Printer Setup Problem
During printer setup I encountered the printer's 'output tray closed' error message accompanied by three flashes of the printer's amber warning LED. The iP4500 will not align the print head or print while this message is displayed; so I was prevented from completing setup.

Some investigating showed that my printer's plastic housing mechanically interferes with...
Published on March 3, 2008 by New Canon Customer

‹ Previous | 111 12 1318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, September 2, 2008
This review is from: Canon Pixma iP4500 Photo Inkjet Printer (2171B002) (Electronics)
I recently bought the Cannon Pixma 4500 because of the good reviews it received in Consumer Reports. So far I am very pleased with it's performance. It is very fast. Quality is excellent. I like it that the different color cartridges can be changed separately - which will save me money and ensure that I use every last drop of ink before changing the cartridge. My only frustration was that it did not come with the cord needed to hook up the printer to the computer. Luckily, my scanner used the same cord and I was able to use that until I had a chance to go out and buy another one for the printer. That cost over $30. But I am still very happy with this purchase, and was able to get a great price for the printer on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars best printer out there, August 29, 2008
I looked on consumer reports for the best rated printer. The canon pixma ip4500 was the best. I haven't been sorry yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars CANON PIXMA IP4500 PRINTER, August 27, 2008
Excellent printer. Easy to use and get started. Nice looking design. Great software that allows many options.

Ink is expensive since you have five tanks to fill. I had an HP InkJet 880C before this printer. The Canon is a much better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, August 27, 2008
I bought the printer roughly a month ago to only print black and white pages. Its speed amazes me and the print is very crisp and profesional looking. I'm also happy that the canon unlike others does not install a million applications for the printer to work. It is very sharp looking but be awear it is very large.

I have yet to print a color photo, i just don't see the point in it. But its nice to know that, anything i would like I can do.

Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good color printer, August 11, 2008
I ordered this Canon Pixma printer based on the price, printing capabilities, and 5 separate colored ink cartridges(2 for black and 3 for the basic cyan, magenta and yellow). Our previous Canon bubblejet printer was slow to print, but printed very high quality. This printer is much faster than that older one, and does not disappoint in terms of quality. I printed a photo on regular typing paper and got a very high quality image with colors that matched those on my computer monitor. It takes some time to "warm up" each time this printer is first powered on, but it has a nice energy saving feature once it's ready to go. This printer is a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, July 28, 2008
I love this printer. I printed a vacation photo on glossy 5x7 paper and could not tell the difference between it and a professionally processed photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a great price. Thanks, July 28, 2008
We have had such bad luck with our old brand of printers that we have been really pleased with this product. The print quality is excellent and works for all our needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Above average printer, but missing tray for CD/DVD printing, July 24, 2008
MacDaddyMoJo (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Ok, so this is a nice printer. My biggest beef is that it doesn't come with a tray to print CDs and DVDs which is why I purchased the printer in the first place. It was another $22.50 through a reseller on eBay.

Someone mentioned that the earlier versions of the ip4500 had the tray included, but in recent shipments Canon had left this item out in USA bound printers. Something about licensing issues with Epson.

Whatever the reason, it's a slight pain, but for the total price, well worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon iP4500 -- decent printer, June 26, 2008
GRickM (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
Other reviewers have covered the essentials of this unit. So far my personal experience matches the others regarding speed and print quality. Interesting features that weren't mentioned elsewhere include built-in image enhancement, pigment-based black ink for text printing, auto-power-off, and auto-power-on when a print job is started.

A disappointment for USA users is this: although European versions of this printer include a CD tray and can print directly onto CD/DVD's, as confirmed by Canon tech support, a legal dispute in the US led Canon to disable (but not remove) this feature. For the adventurous, instructions for re-enabling the feature and obtaining the CD tray can be found on the Internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Printer, June 21, 2008
The printer was even better than I expected. This is my first time to have a Canon printer and I am very happy that I choose this printer.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1318 | Next ›

Canon Pixma iP4500 Photo Inkjet Printer (2171B002)
Used & New from: $59.00