Canon PIXMA iP4920 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer (5287B002)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Incredible 9600 x 2400 color dpi for the best in photo lab printing
- Borderless 4"x6" photo in approx. 20 seconds
- Build-in CD/DVD Printing
- Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS
- Keep it eco-conscious: Built-in 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
- Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
- Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA iP4920 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer delivers a true photo lab quality experience at home. Print gorgeous, borderless1 photos at your desk up to 8.5" x 11' size with a maximum print color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi2 and five individual ink tanks. Built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper and can help reduce paper usage and cost by up to 50%. The iP4920 also lets you print on your CD, DVD and Blu-ray Discs. You can even you turn your HD Movie clips into beautiful photos.
Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print. Plus, printing and automatically correcting your photos has never been easier thanks to Auto Photo Fix II, which can be found within the EasyPhoto-Print EX software. For added convenience the iP4920 can hold plain and photo papers at the same time while you enjoy computer-free photo printing via a PictBridge connection. So, you can print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.
| || |
PIXMA iP4920 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer
High Performance Inkjet Photo Printer with Built-in Auto Duplex Printing
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
High Performance, Five Individual Ink Tank System:
This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds3.
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast:
Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.3 images per minute (ipm) for color5.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album6.
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints4.
Built-in Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing:
Conveniently print directly onto injet printable CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray Discs.
Beautiful & Borderless:
Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11"1
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrint EX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.7
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened and color corrected to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
2-way Paper Feeding:
Load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether you want photo paper in one and plain paper in the other you're ready for superior quality printing!
Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. A PictBridge connection allows you to print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.
Plug the cable into your computer for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
| || |
|PIXMA iP2702 |
Inkjet Photo Printer
|PIXMA iP3600 |
Inkjet Photo Printer
|PIXMA iP4920 |
Premium Inkjet Photo Printer
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)5 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo3
|Print Resolution (up to)2 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included4||-||-|
|Fun Filter Effects Software Included||-||-|
|Auto Duplex Printing||-||-|
|Multiple Paper Paths||-|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Direct Photo Printing||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v.10.5 - 10.6.x
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
I was getting ready to send it back when I figured a work around for the color problem on the photo printing. You can download an Adobe RGB 1998 installer program (only.32mb) from Canon support, 4920, drivers & software and install it.
Then when you set up your print preferences like before, select you photo paper type, size, high quality print, borderless,etc., but on the color/intensity choose Manual and then hit Set, there are two tabs that appear. Under the Color Adjust tab I used -10 on the Cyan and -10 on the Intensity and under the Matching tab use ICM, and then choose Adobe RGB as my input profile, and in the Rendering area I choose Perceptual, which is best for photos. After that I hit OK and went back to quick setup tab and hit Save, saving the setting as custom profile (glossy photo 4x6) or whatever you want to call it to match your paper. Next time you go to print photos all you have to do hit your custom setting under the quick tab and it will be ready to go.Read more ›
The new Pixma ip4920 (and it's so new that I couldn't register it online because Canon hasn't listed it on the site)is nearly identical to the Pixma ip4820 except that now it includes built-in CD/DVD label printing. This was available on the ip4500 in Europe, but for some reason not in the U.S. I used to have an Epson that printed CD labels (remember to buy blank CD/DVD's that are inkjet printable) but it was incredible slow and always having problems. On the ip4920 this feature is a gem! Just click on the appropriate setting in Easy Photo Ex, design your label (or use a pre-formatted one), click print, open the door and insert the CD/DVD holder. Takes about a minute to print.
Also, like the ip4500 and the ip4820, this is a full-duplex printer. Just select Duplex and the printer does one side of the paper, then re-inserts it and prints the other. This function does take a bit more time, but it's sure easy and if you have a 20 page document, much less tiring than taking papers in and out.
Oh. You probably want to know about print quality. Really, really, good. No, make that great.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a pretty good printer and it did what I needed (cd's dvd's great color prints) but then it started printing totally blank prints. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Jazzperk
This was an excellent purchase. It met my needs way back when. I'm almost ready to purchase another printer.Published 5 months ago by Ben Campbell
This is a great quality printer. However I use it very seldom.
I purchased it in 2012, have probably printed 25 full color pages but have gone through FIVE complete sets... Read more
After two and a half years, the printer stopped working. It worked great for those two and a half years but now it is a paperweight. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Jason
It is an OK printer for the price and has worked fine for the past 3 years and is used almost daily.Published 10 months ago by D. Hickson