Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on December 4, 2012
I bought this printer to replace a worn out Epson. I picked it for price and for cheaper ink, and larger ink cartridges. What a surprise to see how it prints so well and how well the unit works with ease. It has front and back feeds which can be very handy to print different papers.
on June 1, 2012
This printer prints pretty well for single photos for hobby use. I bought this because it has a dual feed from front and back. The front feed cassette is very cheaply designed. The cassette cover has no hinge and falls off quite often. It cannot compare to the HP front cassette design. This is a toy compared to the HP front feed cassette on their printers. Thought I would give Canon a try and I regret it. The rear paper feed will feed 2 sheets at once very often with a stack of thick paper. Just not acceptable. For $80.00 it is a good hobby printer for just plain paper and photos but it is not for professional use. Don't expect the excellence they deliver in Canon cameras to translate to their printers.
on April 29, 2013
Although not quite as capable as the Canon PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer purchased later, this too is an economical and versaitile printer. Both work well with generic ink cartridges, saving money.
on July 16, 2013
Colors are very good, envelopes done much easier, don't like the on/off works, if not shut off properly, next time you use it you get a message telling you that you didn't do it correctly, no big deal though.
on March 30, 2014
For the money you can't go wrong here. A lovely printer...great color. The cartridges are not see through which makes it a bit more difficult to refill them. Other than that it's the best printer you can have for home use.
on April 16, 2012
I do a lot of printing and this printer seems to meet my needs quite well. I like the paper tray which is covered and eliminates dust gumming it up. You can also feed from the top but can leave the door closed when not being used. I don't use the two sided idea so can't comment on that capability.
on May 13, 2013
It is true that the ink cartridges drain easily as others have experienced. I've printed a total of 20 pictures (4X6) and about 30 pages of homework in black ink standard size letters (nothing special). I'm already having to buy cartridges of ink, I would hope that this company has created a better version of this printer, it they did I would definitely buy that printer.
on January 9, 2013
My trusty iP4500 failed so I researched my options for a replacement. I chose this model based on reviews, specs. There is a delay when I start to print but then it is very fast. Quality is outstanding both photo and print. As per previous reviewers I wish the cartridges held more ink but I have no regrets on this purchase. Setup was easy and software easy to navigate. I like the duplex option.
on December 6, 2012
When this printer was shipped to me it just came in the Canon box...NO wrapping and/or packaging of any kind. So everyone could see the box and what was sitting by my door. Glad I live in a good small town, but I just want to give a heads up to others.

As far as the product goes, it's a gift for my dad and I haven't used it. But I know that Canon has great printers and this one seem like a great bang for your buck! It does double sided printing with ease and you can create a lot of custom things; such as calendars, cd laser prints, 4x6 prints and much more.

I would say this is a mid level printer and good for someone who needs something simple, yet highly functional.
on July 21, 2014
Truly a great printer.....fast, sharp, everything you'd ever want. I really love it !! However.......
Only one drawback....Canon in their infinite wisdom, decided to shrink the size of the ink cartridges....which means more time spent ordering refills by mail to LD products (the best refills) and running out of ink faster than I used to with my previous Canon printer. If the ink cartridges were larger....5 stars !