5.0 out of 5 stars Canon ImageClass D420 All in One
I purchased this all in one printer/copier/scanner for my home office. I have tried out all of the functions and they all work smoothly without any problems. I have had one paper jam so far and that was easy enough to remedy by following the instructions listed on the printer screen.

One thing I found is that nowhere in the instructions does it tell you how...
Published on January 24, 2012 by Cora Morgan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Mac Friendly
This was a Gold Box Deal from Woot on Monday, September 10, 2012. Let me start off by saying the Canon D420 is an attractive machine and appears to be well built. The unit was packaged very well and arrived quickly. I think it may be an older style, the product manual is dated 2008. The trouble for me began with attempting to install the printer/scanner software on my Mac...
Published 23 months ago by Stan Sonnega

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon ImageClass D420 All in One, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Canon imageCLASS D420 Laser Multifunction Copier (2711B062AA) (Office Product)

One thing I found is that nowhere in the instructions does it tell you how to close the scanning platform once you open it and lock it into place after replacing the toner cartridge or clearing a paper jam. If you are facing the printer, on the left side you will see a plastic arm that locks into place when you open the scanning platform. The problem I had was figuring out how to unlock the plastic arm afterward to allow the scanning platform to lower back into place. If you press your finger on the piece of shiny metal directly in front of the arm, it will allow the arm to unlock. Hopefully this piece of information will prevent someone else from being baffled like I was. I was afraid I was going to break the arm until I figured this out.

I haven't had any networking problems; I have this printer designated as the printer for one PC and two laptops and it all runs smoothly. One of the laptops found the driver for the printer all on its own and the other laptop I had to use the CD-ROM that came with the printer to install the driver.

This is my first laser printer and I really like the print quality thus far. I checked into pricing on the toner replacement cartridges and was pleasantly surprised that they were cheaper than I expected.

Overall, a good all in one machine. Shop around, as I found it on sale at a brick and mortar store for an amazing deal and this deal can be had every once in awhile, according to an employee at the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC COPIER, February 13, 2011
I was happy with the Canon PC11 copier I purchased in 1993 for $1,000 but it was no longer repairable. I never expected to get a great copier for less than $200. The only negative is that if you leave paper in the copier it sticks out in front so I remove the paper when I am done making copies. Not a big deal everything considered because the Canon D420 Laser Copier makes fantastic copies and I bought it from Amazon at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing printer for the money, April 25, 2011
Rarely do I find a product that functions this well for a low price. The toner cartridges are cheap and easy to replace. No problem with the generic ones. I do wish there was an easy, one button scanning option. Maybe there is and I haven't figured it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Copier from Amazon, May 10, 2011
Bought this to replace small Canon office copier that we had for well over a decade and which is no longer made. Today's dedicated copiers are much larger than we need so this was purchased for the sole purpose of being a copier. We have not even hooked it up to a computer so we have none of the difficulties of networking or any of the other functions that you read about. It copies just as advertised and although we miss being able to enlarge copies, we can live with that omission. Have had it for a little over one month, have had no problems and would highly recommend for this purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Home Printer with Scan & Copy, January 3, 2012
I just need a printer for occasional printing, scanning and copying for a home office. I probably print 10-30 pages per week. I am using it with a Windows 7 Lenovo note book. This is my first purchase of a non-HP printer. Out of the box setup was pretty easy with some nice construction details such as a locking mechanism to set the paper width in the loader.

Printing: While not as good as my office printer, for the price the print quality is great. Also it is extremely fast to get a print, roughly 15 seconds from a cold start whether from a sleep state or unplugged. The automatic duplex (double sided) printing is a great feature although at first I made the mistake of using 22lb letter size paper which went fine on the first pass, but jammed inside the printer on the second pass. Then, I tried using 20lb letter size paper in duplex mode which worked perfectly. You can also cancel the print job at the printer which displays the file name when it asks you to confirm you want to cancel printing.

Copy: I only tried single sided copies since I figured works similar to duplex printing. No complaints.

Scan: Scans in color if you need it up with an option up to 600dpi which I used successfully to create .jpg and .pdf files. I scanned some holiday wrap and the result was pretty true to color.

I find the software user interface intuitive once you take a minute or two to study the layout. Also, when a scan is initiated from the printer, the associated software pops up on my computer assuming it is connected. I haven't tested power consumption in the Energy Save Mode but it seems great. Overall I'm impressed with the features, solid construction and engineering of this printer especially given the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great copier, May 8, 2012
I bought this to replace my aging Sharp copier, which finally died. The 2-sided copying feature is a huge time-saver for me. I also like how the paper feeder door closes, since I put the copier away for periods of time, and this keeps all the dust out of the insides (unlike my last copier, which had a rear paper feeder). Another plus: the toner cartridge has an integrated drum, so you'll only have to replace toner cartridges, nothing else.

On negative aspect is this copier is very sensitive to paper edges. If you're copying anything where one piece of paper is taped to another (or taped/glued on top of it), the paper edges will copy as black lines. This Canon is even more sensitive to paper edges than my 10-year old Sharp.

Otherwise, a great copier, and 23 pages-a-minute seems lightning fast compared to my old copier.

Update: As others have noted, the toner cartridge (104) doesn't live up to its claim of lasting "2000 copies." Compounding the problem, the out-of-toner warning (screen reminder and flashing red light) comes on way too early. I got several hundred more copies after the light came on. Keep copying in spite of the warning, and you'll get a fair number of copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, August 1, 2012
I bought this unit on Amazon a year and a half ago .. it has performed flawlessly and I have used it under Windows XP as well as Windows 7 Premium .. the toner carts from 3rd party vendors sell on average at $20 for two with shipping .. although I would like to see a cart that has a bigger toner capacity, the stock units do OK ..

As a tech user since 1982, I believe this unit is an excellent deal on an excellent unit .. Highest Recommendation ..

5.0 out of 5 stars It sure beats my previous inkjet printers!, September 4, 2011
luckymeggs (Knoxville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I got tired of paying for ink cartridges that seemed to be empty in no time in my previous inkjet printers that were always malfunctioning. So, I made the leap to this laser copier printer. I sacrificed the ability to make color copies, but it was a good trade off...... This printer has worked beautifully so far. I wanted one that wasn't too complicated and was easy to set up. This one fit the bill. It copies and scans and makes papers into .pdf documents, and it does 2-sided printing. And the replacement cartridges aren't nearly as expensive as I thought they would be. So far I am very pleased..... Even though most sources say that getting an extended warranty is not a good investment, I went ahead and did it thru Square Trade Warranty to see how good their warranty system really works (and hopefully I won't ever need to find out!)......

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE COPIER, June 23, 2012
I bought this copier to replace a printer that I was using for small copy jobs. The printer was very slow on the copier function and I was needing the copy function more and more. I already have a larger canon copier that I use in my business. This smaller copier was perfect for the space I had...the paper feeds from the front instead of the side, thus cutting down on the space needed to operated it. I couldn't be happier with both canon copiers I have. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COPIER.
ONE NOTE: If you need to make legal size copies, you will need to purchase the larger copier....this one only makes letter size copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon ImageCLASS D420 Laser Copier, April 3, 2011
I bought this machine mainly for coping and scaning. I am very satisfied with the quality of the printing. It is easy to set up. For duplicating any personal document for filing at home, it is perfect. My previous copier was twice the size and does the same. With this low price, it is a must buy. If you want to network, you need to go a grade higher

Canon imageCLASS D420 Laser Multifunction Copier (2711B062AA)
$495.00 $189.95
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies