3-Year Office Product Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Canon imageFORMULA P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanner
|Price:||$295.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- "Plug-and-Scan" capability (CaptureOnTouch Lite scanning software launches upon connection for immediate scanning without installing drivers or imaging applications)
- Can handle scanning thick and thin documents, plastic ID cards, embossed cards, driver licenses
- Powered by USB
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Canon imageFORMULA P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanner
Canon P-215II Document Scanner B00LPRQW86
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Technology Galaxy||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||1.6 inches x 3.7 inches x 11.2 inches||11 inches x 1.6 inches x 3.7 inches||3.03 inches x 11.18 inches x 3.9 inches||1.6 inches x 2.6 inches x 12.1 inches|
|Item Weight||2.2 pounds||2.2 pounds||0.1 pounds||1.17 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The imageFORMULA P-215 Scan-tini personal document scanner is an ideal solution for both Windows and Mac environments. Complete with built-in card scanning capability, the P-215 scanner's compact size, simple use, and high-quality imaging bring sophistication to mobile and portable information capture, storage, and collaboration.
A Wide Variety of Applications
The P-215 scanner was designed to improve individual productivity anywhere, from the Small Office/Home Office (SOHO), to large enterprises, to classrooms, and traveling in between. It can help meet the document capture needs of stationary users and "road warriors" in healthcare, financial services, government, and many other areas. P-215 scanner users can conveniently execute general purpose, distributed scanning tasks to maximize business efficiencies.
Other Software included with P-215:
- Presto! BizCard, to convert business cards into useful data that can be searched, sorted, imported into other contact management systems
- PageManager (Mac) for document capture management, and sharing.
- Evernote (Windows/Mac)for cloud-based filing and collaboration
- CaptureOnTouch Mobile (downloadable for Android/iPad/iPhone)
- ISIS/TWAIN (Windows)
- TWAIN (Mac)
Canon's CaptureOnTouch software tool (Windows/Mac) can help increase user productivity by simplifying the document scanning process. The intuitive interface enables users to quickly and efficiently scan documents and automatically distribute them.
Compact and Convenient
- 1.6"H x 11.2"W x 3.7"D—Fits easily into a briefcase
- 2.2 lb.—Portable and mobile
- Built-in card scanner and Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
Simple to Use
- CaptureOnTouch Lite launches upon connection
- Immediate scanning without installing drivers or imaging applications
- Pre-configure repetitive scan jobs
- New, intuitive user interface
- Full Auto mode for one-touch scanning
Environment in Mind
- Meets ENERGY STAR guidelines
- EU RoHS Compliant
- EU WEEE Compliant
- Canon Generation Green Program
Maximum Image Quality
- Character Emphasis to help improve legibility
- Auto Resolution setting
- Shadow Cropping
- Background Smoothing
Productive and Flexible
- One-pass duplex scanning, 20 sheet ADF and up to 15 pages per minute
- Maximum scanning speed via single USB cable connection
- Integrated card scanner for plastic ID cards and embossed cards
Compatible and Comprehensive
- Windows ISIS / TWAIN drivers, Mac TWAIN driver--Easy integration with capture and content management systems with device sharing between Windows and Mac users
- CaptureOnTouch allows you to scan directly to cloud for improved collaboration and compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint, Evernote, and Google Docs
For investment protection, eCarePAK options are available on the P-208 scanner. eCarePAK extends service beyond the initial one-year advanced exchange warranty period, saving on costs associated with post-purchase maintenance and maximizing uptime throughout the product life.
What's in the Box?
Main P-215 Unit, Two USB Cables, Setup Disk, Reference Guide, eCarePAK Brochure, Warranty Card, Supplement for Auto Start Switch, Supplement for Call Center
Find the Best Canon Scanner for You
|Accessories|| || |
|Monochrome Speed (300 dpi/ LTR/portrait)||Up to 8 ppm, 16 ipm||Up to 15 ppm, 30 ipm|
|Color Speed (200 dpi/LTR/ portrait)||Up to 8 ppm, 16 ipm||Up to 10 ppm, 20 ipm|
|ADF Capacity||10 Sheets||20 Sheets|
|Interface||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Bundled Software: M (Mac), W (Windows), A (Android), i(iPad & iPhone)|| || |
|Suggested Daily Volume||100 Scans||500 Scans|
Top Customer Reviews
If you're looking at the Canon P-215, there's a good chance you're also looking at the Fujitsu S1300. There's also a good chance you've read many glowing reviews of both. So which do you choose?
I own both the P-215 and the S1300, and I can vouch that both are excellent products. I'd go so far as to say they've changed my life because I work with a ton of paper and don't have a ton of space. Here are my recommendations. If only one of these statements applies to you, or all the statements that apply to you point toward the same scanner, then your choice is easy. If more than one statement applies to you and points you toward different scanners, then it's a bit trickier.
1a. You don't have a program that will organize and modify PDFs. WINNER: Fujitsu. The software that comes with the Canon is horrible, whereas the Fujitsu provides a nice file manager program.
1b. You want to do OCR but don't have a good OCR program such as Adobe Acrobat. WINNER: Fujitsu. As mentioned above, the software that comes with the Canon is horrible, whereas the Fujitsu provides a nice OCR program. More on the horrible Canon software later.
2a. You scan a lot of business cards and don't need/want OCR for those cards. WINNER: Canon. It has a great little slot just for business cards.
2b. You scan a lot of business cards and need/want OCR for those cards. WINNER: Fujitsu. See 1b.
3a. You have a USB 3.Read more ›
After reading some of the reviews for Neato portables, I questioned whether the technology had advanced far since my first Visioneer. But before abandoning the project a second time I investigated other possibilities, with the following findings: You can spend several dollars on one of many scan "apps," designed to work with the camera of an iPhone or iPod (good for a couple of documents, maybe). In the 50-100 dollar price range you might pick up a Magic Wand (make sure your hands are steady and your patience long) VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Portable Scanner (PDS-ST410-VP). In the 150 dollar price range there's a decent Brother personal scanner (looks good for occasional use and when on the go) Brother DSMobile Scanner (DS-600) and a wireless device called the Doxie (be sure to read consumer reviews as well as the maker's claims) Doxie, the amazing scanner for documents.Read more ›
By the way you do not need an AC Adapter to utilize the high speed scan feature if your computer has a USB 3.0 port that is marked SS for SuperSpeed and you plug it directly into the computers USB 3.0 port. This will provide sufficient power for the high speed scan. Note: This is explained in the manual. If you only have USB 2.0 ports on your computer in order to utilize high speed scan you will need to do one of two things: Utilize the included USB to power adapter cable thus using two of your computers USB 2.0 ports or purchase the AC Adapter if you only want to use one of your USB 2.0 ports.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this scanner for a few years and it has always worked great for my needs, other than the already mentioned feed problems from time to time. Read more
Best buy, I used it a lot. It's excellent, and the best small to carry anywherePublished 27 days ago by Efren L Rosa
The software is fine but only works fie if you load one by one. It may take two at a time or just dont get any from the loader. Read morePublished 2 months ago by shanti andia
Stopped working. Not a good investment. I bought this scanner 2x so it seems to be this product, not just an exception.Published 3 months ago by Mary B
5 stars for form factor, quality, and performance, but too pricy to get 5 stars overall--not a great value for $$.Published 4 months ago by Mike GR
I have had this scanner going 4 years and it worked just fine with my older Mac desktop. I recently bought a new Mac and when I tried to use my Canon P-215 Scanner it wasn't being... Read morePublished 4 months ago by JdNY