Canon S100 release date? does anyone know when the S100 ships?
asked by Seth P. on September 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 227 answers
A
Official Canon release says "early November".
Richard Kurlander answered on September 16, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think these people have already pre-ordered the item.

If you place the S100 in your cart and go to check out, you'll see Amazon's estimated delivery to be Oct. 4-12 if you choose one day shipping.
Math Geek answered on September 18, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just received an email with October 6-18 delivery date!
R. Hernandez answered on September 18, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That is true as the Total price in the UK always includes VAT (which is a Tax that we have to pay for every good we buy except books + food, which is 20%. This Tax is on top of a minimum of a 20% Tax that we pay on our income, with some people paying 50% Tax on their income with a further compulsory 20% VAT Tax) So YES we are taxed extensively. We even have to pay Tax to the government when we die (remaining money and assets). However, and this is a big however we all get excellent healthcare and have very good schools, which get built and modernised frequently. We also have very good social services, so there is a massive positive out of being taxed. Sorry about my rant.
Mr. R. A. Harris answered on September 29, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am so jealous and annoyed that the British always get screwed when it comes to price. The price of the Canon Powershot S100 is $429, which is the exact price in Pound Sterling. This equates to the British public paying $673 (an enormous difference of $244, a 57% higher amount - currency conversions from XE.com on 29/09/11). Where is the justice in that? Even Apple charges the British the equivalent in pounds as it is in Dollars. I guess this is why British people love travelling to America, because everything is soo cheap. Very envious of everyone getting their Powershot in October. I will unfortunately have to wait for the price to come down.
Mr. R. A. Harris answered on September 29, 2011
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In my orders, it is saying that the shipping estimate is now between Oct 28th and Dec 6th... which means it has changed three times since I placed my order:
1st estimate was Oct 6-18,
2nd was Oct. 3-12,
3rd was Oct 28-Dec 6.
Who knows, maybe it'll change again!
I'll just have to wait for the actual notification of shipping, and the tracking information, before I can get excited.
A. Purves answered on September 22, 2011

A
The dates are only estimates. Once canon announces the release date, we will all know for sure. Whatever date amazon has doesn't mean anything.
A. Prasai answered on September 28, 2011

A
I ordered mine on Sept 20th (black s100) and got an estimated delivery of Oct 4-12 with overnight shipping. When I changed my payment method (9/21) the date 'ballooned' out to Oct 31-Dec 7. Amazon states that they got the original dates wrong and everyone will be delayed, whether they have been informed or not. A direct call to Canon got me an answer of "early November". I've complained to Amazon several times, but they are staying firm on the later date. (I feel they might have moved me out of the 'early receivers' queue, unjustly, which is why I keep on it.)
M Rogers answered on September 28, 2011

A
They did the same to me. I ordered Sept 17th. I had an October 4-13 ship date and last week I changed the shipping speed from two day to tone day. Immediately the ship date went out to Nov 15 to Dec 19. Like you my complaints to Amazon are getting me nowhere. First the "Indian team" said that changing the shipping speed put me to the end of the cue. Second level support in the US denied this and maintained that the shipping date had just been updated. Baloney! To unbelievable that it updated the exact second that I changed the shipping method. I'm in the same boat as you!
Highlando answered on October 9, 2011

A
I called the Canon repair center regarding getting my SD 800 repaired and asked the service rep if he knew when the S100 would be available and he said I don't know but I will check for you and he came back with currently scheduled to ship mid month Oct. in stores by late Oct. for what ever that is worth.........
Jack R. Lawson answered on October 12, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   23   Next ›