Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
[UPDATED] asked by Chris Martin on December 19, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
Tom Martin answered on December 19, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 50mm 1.8 lens is currently my lens of choice (it resides on my camera). I absolutely LOVE the sharpness and bokeh of that lens! For the money, I consider it the best lens Canon makes!
S. Pena answered on December 21, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi,

I think Tom's suggestions were all really good. I am using the kit lens plus the 55-250mm lens (since it was $200 off). I also recommend the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM. One of the biggest problems I found with using a "crop camera" (one with a smaller than 35m sensor) is getting good wide angle shots. Maybe this isn't a concern of yours, it was for me. The EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM gets amazing wide angle shots, and the optics are better than the kit lens or the 55-250mm. The downside is the $720 price tag.
Jeremiah Edwards answered on December 20, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"Also, what are the main uses of the Canon 50mm f/1.8. Everything I read talks about it being a must have."

The 50mm f1.8 lens has a "wide aperture". This makes it useful for some low light shooting. It also allows you the option to blur out the background to a great extent so you can seperate your subject from the background. This makes it useful as a portrait lens.
Technology Guy (Now with 20% More Technology) answered on December 21, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you both for your responses. I think I will take your suggestions and stick with the 55-250mm for now. Also, what are the main uses of the Canon 50mm f/1.8. Everything I read talks about it being a must have.
Chris Martin answered on December 20, 2009

A
Jeremiah Edwards answered on December 20, 2009

A
I bet you've already bought the lens. For you or others, I bought the 50mm f1.8 because of the great reviews and low cost. I also bought a 28-135 that I thought was going to be my 'walk around' lens. The 50mmf1.8 has turned out to be my walk around lens. I love it. At the equiv of the old 35mm film 80 mm, it makes a good portrait lens.
Amazon Customer answered on January 21, 2010

A

A
Caravaneer,

I have the same conclusion as yours. I decide to buy 'Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM UD Wide Angle Zoom Lens' over 'Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens', plus 'Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens'. But now I'm confused!!

So do you think the 'Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Len' is the best walk-around lens? :\
Salah answered on March 12, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wide Angle Lens & 3X Lens for Canon rebel T1i

Can anyone please tell me how these lenses work and if they are of value. I am a beginning photographer ( for pleasure :) ) -- thank you.
Amazon Customer answered on May 26, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product