5.0 out of 5 stars Canopy protection works

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading coverage
Published on February 22, 2013 by Denille L. Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Canopy protection works, July 29, 2012
James P Henry (Boca Raton, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased a 2 year accidental plan along with an MP3 player just under 2 years ago. My reason was the "drops and spills" coverage. In the past my spouse has dropped her camera onto bricks (luckily OK) and also into her glass of ice water while traveling in our car and trying to take a scenic shot (unlucky). I figured the mp3 player would probably suffer the same fate during auto use so the plan seemed reasonable.

Turned out the mp3 player developed an electrical short after 18 months or so. Amazon took my info, explained the process in detail, sent me a prepaid UPS mailer label and sent me a refund after it received the defective mp3 player. No muss, no fuss, no hassles.

This review is from someone who normally does not purchase "protection plans."

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 yr Electronics Replacement Plan from N.E.W, September 23, 2010
This review is from: Canopy 2-Year MP3 Accidental Protection Plan ($75-$100) (Electronics)
I purchased the N.E.W replacement plan when I purchased a new MP3 player for my daughter. The Mp3 worked well for 1 1/2 yrs. Recently it began "freezing" on her and not working well. I called the 800 number that came with the plan, I had my invoice from amazon for the purchase, and I told them what was wrong with the Mp3. After verifying the product, purchase info, and personal info...name and address, etc., I was instructed on how to return the product, was emailed a label, and received a full credit for the original purchase price of the mp3. Now I can replace my daughters mp3 with a brand new one! The process was easy and convenient. I am very happy with this replacement policy....and am ordering a new mp3 and again purchasing the replacement plan. It is completely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seemingly too good to be true, June 2, 2011
Like I said in the title, after I broke my ipod last week the ease of getting my refund was almost too good to be true. I thought it was a prank. AND they gave me the option of getting my refund via check or giftcard. The check takes a couple weeks however. But the giftcard took less than 48 hrs. They just have to wait for UPS to scan your package first. But honestly I officially will NEVER buy another product without getting this protection plan. Please do yourself the courtesy. You have no clue what will happen to your purchase within the next 2 years.

And too Oops Protection Plan ... my only criticism is that you need to expand to larger coverages! I have to settle with Squaretrade instead of you because I couldn't find a protection plan big enough to cover my laptop that I just bought!

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading coverage, February 22, 2013
Trying to choose the best coverage for an Ipod led to some research. What I found out is shocking. Under "Canopy" coverage, if you need to use your coverage and replace an item, the coverage/policy ends when they pay out. They will not pay out more than your purchase price. IF you get "Square Trade" your policy covers not only your original item, but also its replacement until your 2 or 3 years are finished!!!!! If you go through one or more items in that time frame, "Square Trade" will pay for the replacements. In Short - "Canopy" requires that you buy a new policy to cover your replacement, where Square Trade does not.

With this information, I don't see how anyone wouldn't go with "Square Trade"!!!!!
Denille

5.0 out of 5 stars A high recommendation for Canopy Protection Plans, January 9, 2013
I filed a claim on my I Pod touch which had a cracked screen. Canopy responded very quickly and to my satisfaction. I received a refund via gift card on Amazon within a couple of days. I highly recommend a Canopy Protection Plan on all purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, October 2, 2012
I have had the opportunity to make at least five claims with N.E.W. over the past two years (kids are tough on electronics!). Each time, the claims process was handled expeditiously and expertly by the friendliest customer service agents I have ever encountered. The process is painfree and quick - I have even returned and had replaced an item within 24 hours!! If you're on the fence about this since you've been burned on other so-called replacement plans - hop off and buy this. It's the real deal and will make your life easier!

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plan Review, September 24, 2010
Karen "kdilling99" (Fitchburg, MA United States) - See all my reviews
It was worth it to buy the protection on an item that was over $100. The only issue I had was that if anything happens during the manufacturers warranty period (12 months) I would have had to deal with them. I just assumed that once I bought the plan I would only deal with NEW. Quick response on getting the refund out to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars beware!, July 29, 2013
this plan works well if you drop your item but as soon as you make a claim you are dropped from insurance . I was not told of this or read anywhere on these pages. if I was buying again it would not be this one! They need to show this up front but don't! new iPod will be bought thru amazon but will not carry canopy insurance will purchase the other!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!, May 8, 2014
I purchased this to cover our waterproof camera. Who'd have thought that within 10 months of buying the WATERPROOF camera that it would stop working in the water. I contacted Canopy/Asurion and they sent me a label. I sent the camera back and quickly received a gift card to Amazon in my email for the full cost of the camera. AMAZING customer service!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Plan, Easy Replacement, March 28, 2014
I bought my boys MP3 players for Christmas this year. I decided to go ahead and pick up a warranty because it was so inexpensive and with four little boys, things are bound to break. Sure enough, my son's little sansa clip got stepped on and ruined a few weeks ago. We called canopy, got our return shipping label and had our refund, within two days. They refund your money as soon as the product is electronically scanned into the system at UPS.
This is a great little replacement plan for a great price. I highly recommend it, especially if you're buying electronics for young ones.