4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price
When I saw this during the checkout process, I thought what a great price for the money. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family.
Published 5 months ago by PS

1.0 out of 5 stars Where are the "terms and conditions"?
How can one be expected to have confidence to purchase this coverage when the webpage advertising it is so poorly done? Although it says on the page: "Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for full program details," there is no functional link to the "terms and conditions".

Why would anyone purchase something that's so...
Published 11 months ago by DB in CV

1.0 out of 5 stars Where are the "terms and conditions"?, November 28, 2013

Why would anyone purchase something that's so inadequately documented? The 'Canopy' has some major leaks in it!

2.0 out of 5 stars REGISTRATION A HASSLE; WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY., December 12, 2013
How can I give anything a good rating if you cant get an answer as to how it works?I purchased this for 3 items 2 weeks ago and went to website like I was directed and couldn't get the items registered????? The "photo" they show for my items is incorrect and it won't let me change it so I emailed and to date have had no response. If you can't handle a website, how can you be trusted to handle a warranty plan? Can't imagine what it is like to file a claim!!! Sure its cheap, but it's still a waste of money and time.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst experiance ever WHEN USING AN EXTENDED WARRANTY., March 25, 2014
I had an issue with an item, it broke. I so i went online and filed the claim and instantly got 3 emails. One containing the shipping label one that said my claim was in process to be approved and one that said it was approved and to ship the item and i would get my gift card by email in 4-6 hrs

Here is a copy of that email:

Dear ,

Your service request number is (omitted). You will receive a prepaid UPS mailing label and shipping instructions either through the email address that we have on account or first class mail.

Upon receiving the mailing label, please package your product and any accessories that came with it at the time of purchase. Then, take it to a UPS store or UPS drop box.

Your Amazon.com Gift Card will be activated and funded within 4-6 hours from the time your product is dropped off and scanned at a UPS location. You can use this Amazon.com Gift Card on Amazon.com to purchase a replacement product.

Sincerely,
Canopy Protection Plan

I mailed it yesterday from a UPS store. The tracking number even shows that it is on its way. I never got the gift card in the promissed time. I called and was told that it could take up to 10 business days. Then the csr saw it was an e-gift card and said it will take 3 days.

None of the emails i received stated this and I even think the listing on here states something different too.

So this company is misleading and will give you miss information every step of the way.

DO NOT BUY THIS PLAN! GET A SQUARE TRADE PLAN IF YOU CAN!!!

*****UPDATE*****

THIS IS THE NEXT EMAIL I GOT WITH EVEN LONGER WAIT TIME AND MORE MISINFORMATION

Hi ,
Good news! We've received all the information we need to process a reimbursement for your claim.

Getting you back to normal.
Your E-GIFTCARD will be Emailed to you usually within 7-10 business days. The E-GIFTCARD may be used to purchase a replacement product. It's that easy.

If you have any questions, visit our online Customer Care Center. Even though receiving a reimbursement fully delivers on the promise of your plan, we're here to help with any new products you choose to protect in the future.

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER. READ THE OTHER REVIEWS ABOUT LONG WAIT TIMES. IF YOU CALL EXPECT TO HEAR NO A LOT

1.0 out of 5 stars did not understand!, January 10, 2014
it was really hard to apply it to my purchases and not very good links. the interface provided needs some work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Your better off with the factory warranty., December 6, 2013
Will not be ordering again due to mass confusion on how it works. Item was reported shipped then I got nothing, went on my email and said not to expect anything in my mail box and that it was all online. Why would they not tell me and say it will be here in a week. Then tried to call customer service talked to a guy "ok" and was "disconnected" called back and was on hold for 5 minutes before it rang once and then hung up, called back again and said they were closed. there website said 24/7 support. bull s***.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Canopy 2-Year Home Audio & Video Protection Plan ($75-$100) (Electronics)
When I ordered the Sony DVD with this 2-year protection, the plan never was received; and with the tracking options available, this product 'cannot be tracked.' I have written them twice, and both times did receive via email notice that 1, they had shipped it already, and 2 they would send another. When nothing came the first time, I called and requested the plan come in the mail, as well as a second email request to receive the plan by mail. 5 days have passed and no email or snail mail. They blamed the email on my spam filters, but I ask - if I receive the 'customer service' emails explaining the plan was sent, why wouldn't I receive the paperwork email??? I have had a string of bad luck at Amazon, ordering from 'third party' vendors...Amazon is so usually prompt and can usually get good quality. This order plus another from a vendor in China (which I did not know and affected the receipt of shipment that was critical to me), have been a nightmare. With this kind of luck, I don't want to cancel the protection plan, because that would surely ensure the DVD player for which it was purposed would immediately stop working!! Beware of the "Canopy" protection -- it seems it costs more in time to find out where it is than it would to buy a new DVD player!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad customer service, April 7, 2014
Very inconsistent with the way they make their claims. Would not recommend due to this. Needs to be more transparent.

2.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, May 3, 2014
I purchased this coverage for my son's headphones in Nov. 2013. Just under 6 months later, the headphones stop working and I call Canopy for help because the website is a waste of time. The representative was friendly and helpful as he connected me to the manufacturer and then bailed out on me. Unfortunately, the manufacturer of Soul Headphones told me that if the headphones were purchased directly from Amazon,LLC, then they would be covered, but since I purchased them through amazon from Electronica Direct, they would not honor the manufacturer's warranty. So, a complete waste of time and money. I gave them 2 stars because I don't think my bad experience was completely their fault. The manufacturer, amazon, and Electronica Direct all seem to be part of the problem. My warning is for those considering coverage of a more expensive purchase, just consider all the parties involved.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay--if you want to wait, January 14, 2014
I bought this with a refurbished blu-ray player which failed within a week. When trying to get service on it I discovered that I had to send the blu-ray player back to the manufacturer (Sony) to get serviced and only then would the plan take care of the failed unit repair costs within 2-3 weeks. This was too much time to wait, so I opted to simply return both the player and this plan in order to get a brand new player from my local big box store. Sometimes saving 10-15 bucks isn't worth it if you're not patient with the warranty process.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two year protection not really., February 13, 2014
I bought head phones (Souls) as a Christmas gift for a 12 year old grandson. The right ear speaker went out the first night. I contacted Canopy by email like it says to do. They did not respond so I tried again. The denied the claim and told me I would have to send them back to the company because they had a one year warranty. I emailed again and they said they would give me my money back. I bought them on Black Friday at a low price and I wanted them fixed or replaced. I finally sent them back to the company that sells them and in a week I received a new pair with an upgrade.