Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Service plan term: 2 YearsService plan covered value: $ 75-$100Change
Price:$6.86+ Free shipping

on November 28, 2013
How can one be expected to have confidence to purchase this coverage when the webpage advertising it is so poorly done? Although it says on the page: "Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for full program details," there is no functional link to the "terms and conditions".

Why would anyone purchase something that's so inadequately documented? The 'Canopy' has some major leaks in it!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2014
I had an issue with an item, it broke. I so i went online and filed the claim and instantly got 3 emails. One containing the shipping label one that said my claim was in process to be approved and one that said it was approved and to ship the item and i would get my gift card by email in 4-6 hrs

Here is a copy of that email:

Dear ,

Your service request number is (omitted). You will receive a prepaid UPS mailing label and shipping instructions either through the email address that we have on account or first class mail.

Upon receiving the mailing label, please package your product and any accessories that came with it at the time of purchase. Then, take it to a UPS store or UPS drop box.

Your Gift Card will be activated and funded within 4-6 hours from the time your product is dropped off and scanned at a UPS location. You can use this Gift Card on to purchase a replacement product.

Canopy Protection Plan

I mailed it yesterday from a UPS store. The tracking number even shows that it is on its way. I never got the gift card in the promissed time. I called and was told that it could take up to 10 business days. Then the csr saw it was an e-gift card and said it will take 3 days.

None of the emails i received stated this and I even think the listing on here states something different too.

So this company is misleading and will give you miss information every step of the way.

Hi ,
Good news! We've received all the information we need to process a reimbursement for your claim.

Getting you back to normal.
Your E-GIFTCARD will be Emailed to you usually within 7-10 business days. The E-GIFTCARD may be used to purchase a replacement product. It's that easy.

If you have any questions, visit our online Customer Care Center. Even though receiving a reimbursement fully delivers on the promise of your plan, we're here to help with any new products you choose to protect in the future.

77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
How can I give anything a good rating if you cant get an answer as to how it works?I purchased this for 3 items 2 weeks ago and went to website like I was directed and couldn't get the items registered????? The "photo" they show for my items is incorrect and it won't let me change it so I emailed and to date have had no response. If you can't handle a website, how can you be trusted to handle a warranty plan? Can't imagine what it is like to file a claim!!! Sure its cheap, but it's still a waste of money and time.
on January 10, 2014
it was really hard to apply it to my purchases and not very good links. the interface provided needs some work.
on May 3, 2014
I purchased this coverage for my son's headphones in Nov. 2013. Just under 6 months later, the headphones stop working and I call Canopy for help because the website is a waste of time. The representative was friendly and helpful as he connected me to the manufacturer and then bailed out on me. Unfortunately, the manufacturer of Soul Headphones told me that if the headphones were purchased directly from Amazon,LLC, then they would be covered, but since I purchased them through amazon from Electronica Direct, they would not honor the manufacturer's warranty. So, a complete waste of time and money. I gave them 2 stars because I don't think my bad experience was completely their fault. The manufacturer, amazon, and Electronica Direct all seem to be part of the problem. My warning is for those considering coverage of a more expensive purchase, just consider all the parties involved.
on December 6, 2013
Will not be ordering again due to mass confusion on how it works. Item was reported shipped then I got nothing, went on my email and said not to expect anything in my mail box and that it was all online. Why would they not tell me and say it will be here in a week. Then tried to call customer service talked to a guy "ok" and was "disconnected" called back and was on hold for 5 minutes before it rang once and then hung up, called back again and said they were closed. there website said 24/7 support. bull s***.
on May 10, 2014
When I ordered the Sony DVD with this 2-year protection, the plan never was received; and with the tracking options available, this product 'cannot be tracked.' I have written them twice, and both times did receive via email notice that 1, they had shipped it already, and 2 they would send another. When nothing came the first time, I called and requested the plan come in the mail, as well as a second email request to receive the plan by mail. 5 days have passed and no email or snail mail. They blamed the email on my spam filters, but I ask - if I receive the 'customer service' emails explaining the plan was sent, why wouldn't I receive the paperwork email??? I have had a string of bad luck at Amazon, ordering from 'third party' vendors...Amazon is so usually prompt and can usually get good quality. This order plus another from a vendor in China (which I did not know and affected the receipt of shipment that was critical to me), have been a nightmare. With this kind of luck, I don't want to cancel the protection plan, because that would surely ensure the DVD player for which it was purposed would immediately stop working!! Beware of the "Canopy" protection -- it seems it costs more in time to find out where it is than it would to buy a new DVD player!!
on April 7, 2014
Very inconsistent with the way they make their claims. Would not recommend due to this. Needs to be more transparent.
on April 3, 2015
This is the worst company ever, please look at all the negative reviews (the positive reviews are written from Canopy employees and those alike as there is no way that they have any good reviews). I had to end up filing a claim for my headphones (which was only $50 by the way) and this company gave me the run around. Firstly, I wasn't able to register my product or submit a claim online (I see others also had this problem), when I called them they lied and said it should still have the manufacturers warranty (they were refurbished with no warranty from the manufacturers, that's why I purchased one..Duh), then they promised to get with their manager and call me back (never received a call), then when I call them back after 3 days they claim that they have to do more research (just giving me the run around), almost 1 month later and still they haven't called me back, I called them again only for them to say their still looking into it (any reason for them not to replace or refund the money for the headphones). I've dealt with Square Trade several times before and I get my issue fixed in one phone call and always get a refund or replacement, I wish I would've stuck with Square Trade for this purchase, I've learned my lesson, only use Square Trade to protect your items and you will have a great experience every time. CANOPY is the worst company to use, everyone needs to get together and start a lawsuit against them for not owning up to the warranties their selling people and falsifying their plans. I really hate when a company doesn't follow through on something that I've spent my money on, they need to be shut down. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, USE ONLY SQUARE TRADE WHICH IS RELIABLE AND ALWAYS COMES THROUGH TO SATISFY THEIR CUSTOMERS. STAY AWAY FROM CANOPY!
on January 14, 2014
I bought this with a refurbished blu-ray player which failed within a week. When trying to get service on it I discovered that I had to send the blu-ray player back to the manufacturer (Sony) to get serviced and only then would the plan take care of the failed unit repair costs within 2-3 weeks. This was too much time to wait, so I opted to simply return both the player and this plan in order to get a brand new player from my local big box store. Sometimes saving 10-15 bucks isn't worth it if you're not patient with the warranty process.