5.0 out of 5 stars great experience - buying another one of these warranties!
Published on July 8, 2012 by C. Carroll

1.0 out of 5 stars Oops! I can't believe I bought this
Published on December 9, 2010 by Michael pozzi

5.0 out of 5 stars great experience - buying another one of these warranties!, July 8, 2012
C. Carroll (Maplewood, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these warranties a month ago for my wife's point and shoot digital camera. I liked the idea of the extra protection of the drops and spills coverage. I was surprised that I needed it after only a month, but somehow the display screen ended up with a crack in it. The claim process was super simple. Just a single 5 min phone call and they emailed me the shipping label to return the broken camera. They sent me the Amazon credit for the full claim amount within 24 hours of me getting it shipped, so in a matter of a couple days I had the replacement camera on its way. I bought another Canopy Drops & Spills plan for the new camera. I considered getting a SquareTrade warranty, but that didn't interest me because if I have a problem I don't want to have to ship it somewhere to be repaired and wait for it to come back. This was the fastest way to get a working camera back in my hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extended Warranty for Electronics, August 7, 2010
This review is from: Canopy 2-Year Camera Accidental Protection Plan ($125-$150) (Electronics)
I have been dissatisfied with extended electronics warrantees at Big Box stores, but am very pleased with Amazon.com and "NEW Customer Service Companies, Inc."

When the camera I purchased at Amazon.com started having power supply problems, NEW simply said for me to return it via UPS and they would refund my purchase price. They even provided a UPS return label to pay for the shipping. NEW emailed me my refund in the form of a gift certificate to Amazon.com within 24 hours of the time that I dropped off the return package at the UPS drop location near my house. NEW gave me the option of mailing me a check, but I chose the gift certificate.

By contrast, the Big Box stores put me through the hassle of bringing my electronics back to the store. Then I had to wait them for them to send it out for repair, which typically took a few weeks. They had a "no lemon" policy that said they would replace the item if I brought it in for the same problem three times. They made faces at me when I said that I was tired of waiting and just wanted a new one.

Amazon and NEW get a 100% / A+ rating from me in regards to their extended warranty. If your item is broken while under coverage, just let them know and they'll give you your money back, promptly. They believe you. No waiting.

The End.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oops! I can't believe I bought this, December 9, 2010
Michael pozzi (548 Shelby Ranch Lane) - See all my reviews
Bought the protection plan for a tripod. When the tripod broke and I filed a claim I was told that tripod was not in their system. To be honest I was told that if I was willing to wait three weeks they would get around to putting in their system or surprise surprise. I could get my money back and I could forget the whole thing. On the surface it sounds reasonable. Until you think Hey! They sold me a protection plan for something they don't cover and when the company has to pay they want to wait three weeks while holding my money or give my money back and forget it so they don't have to pay at all! Get scam! Great way to get money from the public and not put any money out. Good luck getting anything from these people.

5.0 out of 5 stars CANOPY, JUST IN CASE..., September 19, 2012
Several days after my purchase on Amazon a representative from Canopy called me to see if I had received my warranty via email. He reassured me that they were there if I needed them and repeated what some of the coverage was under my plan. I felt very reassured about my purchase. Now I just have to wait to see how they perform if I have a problem covered by my plan. The cost seemed reasonable for what they cover. So far, so good...Amazon certainly made it convenient to purchase this warranty service by "bundling" it with the product I bought.I might have not given it a thought if I had to think of it on my own! They are on their game...Thanks.VFP

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent......, July 27, 2012
BOUGHT THE PROTECTION PLAN AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT REALLY...WAS NOT PLANNING TO USE IT. THE CAMERA WAS GREAT UNTIL MY DAUGHTER PUT IT IN HER BACK POCKET....AND SAT DOWN. ANYWAY, MADE THE CALL AND NO HASSEL...JUST BANG, A CHECK. $12 SAVED ME A HUNDRED. SO WORTH IT. I WON'T BUY ANOTHER CAMERA OR SIMILAR ITEM WITHOUT ONE OF THESE PROTECTION PLANS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, August 13, 2013
Good Insurance to have. Cheap and easy to activate! We have already used it once due to my Daughter dropping her camera! Super Easy and Fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars no hassle reimbursment, June 19, 2013
My daughter bought a camera and we ordered the protection plan with it.
She dropped it and it stopped working. Canopy was helpful and efficient. I called and they sent me a ups label right away, and within minutes of delivering the camera to a ups store we got the full amount reimbursed on amazon.
We just ordered a new camera for free! Just had to pay for a new protection plan...

1.0 out of 5 stars They never called, December 28, 2012
I purchased some products during Black Friday in an order that included the warranty. Due to some processing errors, Amazon helped me correct my order the next day. I emailed Canopy to confirm that the warranty that I bought in the initial order would be transferred / registered to my corrected order and they NEVER replied. Imagine how they'd ignore me if I had a claim!

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer service was very courteous and helpful., October 15, 2012
J. Kittel (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
I purchased a camera to send to my son in the military. I knew the camera would be put through a lot so I purchased the extra coverage. I actually had trouble entering my warranty info and called the company directly. They were very courteous and helpful to me. I hope if I do have a problem that this helpful service will continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Things to Know -FIRST, October 15, 2012
I purchase a camera and got this protection to got with it, but the manufactures coverages coinsides with the canopy coverage. Also, you need to call and register your product, it was very easy just give them the make and model over the phon and the price and you are done. You should get an e-mail that cofirms your coverage, so if you do not get it check your spam acount or call canopy and they will send you another one. For the price I thinks it is worth it because it cover ANT damgae to camera, no questions asked but does not cover lost or stolen items.