Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asurion 2-Year Camera Accidental Protection Plan ($100-$125)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 100-$125|Change
Price:$27.99+ Free shipping

on July 8, 2012
I bought one of these warranties a month ago for my wife's point and shoot digital camera. I liked the idea of the extra protection of the drops and spills coverage. I was surprised that I needed it after only a month, but somehow the display screen ended up with a crack in it. The claim process was super simple. Just a single 5 min phone call and they emailed me the shipping label to return the broken camera. They sent me the Amazon credit for the full claim amount within 24 hours of me getting it shipped, so in a matter of a couple days I had the replacement camera on its way. I bought another Canopy Drops & Spills plan for the new camera. I considered getting a SquareTrade warranty, but that didn't interest me because if I have a problem I don't want to have to ship it somewhere to be repaired and wait for it to come back. This was the fastest way to get a working camera back in my hands.
on August 7, 2010
I have been dissatisfied with extended electronics warrantees at Big Box stores, but am very pleased with Amazon.com and "NEW Customer Service Companies, Inc."

When the camera I purchased at Amazon.com started having power supply problems, NEW simply said for me to return it via UPS and they would refund my purchase price. They even provided a UPS return label to pay for the shipping. NEW emailed me my refund in the form of a gift certificate to Amazon.com within 24 hours of the time that I dropped off the return package at the UPS drop location near my house. NEW gave me the option of mailing me a check, but I chose the gift certificate.

By contrast, the Big Box stores put me through the hassle of bringing my electronics back to the store. Then I had to wait them for them to send it out for repair, which typically took a few weeks. They had a "no lemon" policy that said they would replace the item if I brought it in for the same problem three times. They made faces at me when I said that I was tired of waiting and just wanted a new one.

Amazon and NEW get a 100% / A+ rating from me in regards to their extended warranty. If your item is broken while under coverage, just let them know and they'll give you your money back, promptly. They believe you. No waiting.

The End.
on December 28, 2012
I purchased some products during Black Friday in an order that included the warranty. Due to some processing errors, Amazon helped me correct my order the next day. I emailed Canopy to confirm that the warranty that I bought in the initial order would be transferred / registered to my corrected order and they NEVER replied. Imagine how they'd ignore me if I had a claim!
on May 6, 2014
I did drop my camera and they have said they can send me a gift card to refund it....
I called at the end of last month and had problems with receiving the shipping label. I had to call back and have them resend it...
Shipped out my camera on the 1st and was told that within 2 hours of shipping and it showing up in their system, I would receive an amazon gift card in my email....It is now the 6th and still no amazon gift card...Apparently they had a problem with their system on the first and that is why I didn't receive it yet... I called yesterday, the 5th, and was told they were resending it and I would with out a doubt receive it TODAY.. (within 24 hours). Today the 6th I just got off the phone and was told, "I'm sorry ma'am you were miss informed, you should receive it within 48 hours"

We shall see....

I have the tracking number from my camera and they RECIEVED it yesterday. But yet I still don't have my refund GIFT CARD TO AMAZON.COM....

also another added disappointing thing... protection plan doesn't cover a new camera bc I bought it at $139 and it is now over $200 here on amazon... I understand it only covers what you spend but its defiantly something to think about.

With all of these problems I can not see myself repurchasing this Canopy 2- year Camera Accidental Protection Plan for my next camera... (Assuming I even receive my refund, will defiantly update if/when I do)
on June 19, 2013
My daughter bought a camera and we ordered the protection plan with it.
She dropped it and it stopped working. Canopy was helpful and efficient. I called and they sent me a ups label right away, and within minutes of delivering the camera to a ups store we got the full amount reimbursed on amazon.
We just ordered a new camera for free! Just had to pay for a new protection plan...
on November 24, 2015
Obtained this for my GoPro clone camera as an added investment, and it sure came in handy. Six months out, my camera went sideways, and after conversing with Amazon, they gave the phone number to reach Canopy. Francis at Canopy came through with flying colors and much enthusiasm, and after a brief conversation, offered full reimbursement of my camera, and also emailed a prepaid shipping label to cover the cost of shipping back my old camera. Their service amounts to an Amazon product that exceeds my expectations. If you have done your homework and have discovered some longevity issues with a product based on reviews, this Canopy coverage should assail any doubts by making the refund infinitely more simple. I highly recommend Canopy's protection plan. To those who have this coverage and need to invoke it, please call them by obtaining the phone number from Amazon (as opposed to emailing Canopy).
on October 15, 2012
I purchased a camera to send to my son in the military. I knew the camera would be put through a lot so I purchased the extra coverage. I actually had trouble entering my warranty info and called the company directly. They were very courteous and helpful to me. I hope if I do have a problem that this helpful service will continue.
on September 19, 2012
Several days after my purchase on Amazon a representative from Canopy called me to see if I had received my warranty via email. He reassured me that they were there if I needed them and repeated what some of the coverage was under my plan. I felt very reassured about my purchase. Now I just have to wait to see how they perform if I have a problem covered by my plan. The cost seemed reasonable for what they cover. So far, so good...Amazon certainly made it convenient to purchase this warranty service by "bundling" it with the product I bought.I might have not given it a thought if I had to think of it on my own! They are on their game...Thanks.VFP
on July 27, 2012
BOUGHT THE PROTECTION PLAN AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT REALLY...WAS NOT PLANNING TO USE IT. THE CAMERA WAS GREAT UNTIL MY DAUGHTER PUT IT IN HER BACK POCKET....AND SAT DOWN. ANYWAY, MADE THE CALL AND NO HASSEL...JUST BANG, A CHECK. $12 SAVED ME A HUNDRED. SO WORTH IT. I WON'T BUY ANOTHER CAMERA OR SIMILAR ITEM WITHOUT ONE OF THESE PROTECTION PLANS.
on January 27, 2014
Cancelled the product order and had to reach out separately on the warranty 3x to get a response to get a refund. Should be easier. Popped up automatically when they wanted to sell it to me tied to a camera purchase.