Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asurion 2-Year Camera Accidental Protection Plan ($ 600-$700)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 600-$700|Change
Price:$59.99+ Free shipping

on October 25, 2014
The camera was a gift to my granddaughter in Southern Missouri, how does this microscopically printed piece of paper help her on my computer. I cannot register the camera, it is with her. I also paid shipping as if this was a package. I will never again buy a plan again!
on August 13, 2013
Good Insurance to have. Cheap and easy to activate! We have already used it once due to my Daughter dropping her camera! Super Easy and Fast!
on June 6, 2015
it is what it is. I'll probably forget that I ever bought it...and thus, I will have wasted money. But, I feel better about buying expensive things when I buy stuff like this. Oddly enough, the camera that I got this for is absolutely horrendous....so in hindsight, I totally didn't need this. Oh well. You live and you still don't learn.
on December 21, 2013
I ordered this protection plan for a Canon digital camera from Amazon. By e-mail I received a confirmation of the purchase. The e-mail gave me a link to view and print a copy of the Terms and Conditions. That link connects to a PDF document which is definitely not printer friendly. The e-mail also gives a number to call and order a printed copy of the document. I called that number. The representative asked for my order confirmation number and then asked verification of name, address, phone number, e-mail address. Standard procedure, right? However they did not have the name, model number or any information on the product I purchased. I was not by my computer, because I should not have needed any information other than the confirmation number, which I had jotted down. Representative asked me to access my Amazon account and get him the information on the product and the price. Really?? At that point I gave up. Canopy's confirmation has a space for Product Information, but that line shows only "COVERED PRODUCT" The rep had my name and mailing info and the confirmation number - the PDF is generic and not specific to the product -- should have been easy to for him to simply mail me a copy of that PDF in readable format. This is a gift for a friend (who does not use computers) and I wanted a printed copy of the Protection Plan to go with the gift. Considering the hassle to get a printed copy of the Protection Plan, I can only imagine what will happen if this plan ever has to be used.
on June 12, 2015
I dropped my camera about 2-3 months after I purchased it and the preview screen cracked in the middle. I submitted my claim and I got full reimbursement in 2-3 days. That was really fast! And the whole process of going through the claim was pretty easy.
on January 2, 2013
First of all, this low rating is NOT based upon camera repair by National Electronics - Canopy Insurance, but instead on an inability to receive the automated e-mail from them confirming purchase of their policy for my waterproof Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 camera through AMAZON back on Dec. 1, 2012. There is also an issue with Amazon: They stated that I would receive this policy with " an estimated delivery date of Dec. 6-11th." This implies that a certificate is arriving in the mail. I waited patiently until Dec. 18th to start the e-mail complaint trail with Amazon. Today, I called Canopy's 866-551-5924 number that I located by clicking on the "more info" link for Canopy on the Amazon website. A polite young man in Montreal said that they have been overwhelmed by all these e-mails from Amazon during the holiday season and, therefore, Canopy could not answer them! I then told the rep that Amazon's policy is that you will receive a reply within 3 business days from their suppliers and that Canopy failed to abide by this agreement. I also told him that I had double-checked all my e-mails and spam folder to no avail. While we were discussing all this, the man successfully sent me the correct e-mail for me to print out. He said that the original e-mail is automated from Amazon through them, but somehow it never went through to me. Well, Happy 2013 everyone! Here's hoping that if I do need a repair or replacement, I won't encounter any problem like this. ( Amazon did give me the option of a gift card credit of $41.90 on this insurance policy a week ago if I wanted it, but I figured the possibility of a leaking waterproof camera was worth pursuing this coverage.)
on March 26, 2015
Canopy is now Asurion. I submitted a claim twice on a low price camera/camcorder and both times the claim has been cancelled from their side. The last time I called in and spoke with a representative who stated the reason that it was being cancelled is that they had no record of the manufacturer in their system (it was a cheap offshore made camera).

The representative then took the information that I had on the product (read straight from the Amazon website) and stated that he still couldn't find it and would have to open a ticket to their "research department" to add it to the system. He stated I would hear back within a week and the claim could then continue. Well, that was over a month ago (I forgot about it) and I have heard nothing. The claim also now shows as "user cancelled" on their webpage.

I guess this means another call....

It appears they are making as many hoops to jump through as possible in order to prevent paying out on the claim.
on June 30, 2016
I just bought the plan but the registration process is super buggy. It wont let me type my first and last name but when I hit continue it says it requires name. Cant register because can't enter my name. Tried using "Register using facebook" opens new tab but nothing happens. Very disappointed in the registration process I can't even imagine what the claims process will be. Tried with multiple browsers same error. Asurion was happy to charge me for the protection plan but wont let me register the prodcut
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
I bought this warranty along with my Fujifilm Finepix camera and cancelled the camera order in 4 hours as I found that Costco had it for $50 less. I was able to cancel the camera order but not the warranty. After 2 emails over 4 days, I called Amazon and they apologized and asked me to file under their A-to-Z satisfaction guarantee. Stay away from buying this warranty.
on July 26, 2015
This was a mistake for me to buy, I think. I bought these to give me added warranty protection for the 'used' pair of 720 fVue camera glasses that I bought through Amazon. When I activated the protection plan I had to call the toll free number to make sure it went through. As I spoke to the tech, I learned that this protection plan was only intended for 'new' products. He did say he would update my plan so that I could still use it, but as I thought about it, I am just not sure it was really necessary, since the glasses come with a one year warranty anyway.