Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 700-$800|Change
Price:$64.99+ Free shipping

on July 26, 2015
This was a mistake for me to buy, I think. I bought these to give me added warranty protection for the 'used' pair of 720 fVue camera glasses that I bought through Amazon. When I activated the protection plan I had to call the toll free number to make sure it went through. As I spoke to the tech, I learned that this protection plan was only intended for 'new' products. He did say he would update my plan so that I could still use it, but as I thought about it, I am just not sure it was really necessary, since the glasses come with a one year warranty anyway.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2015
In my entire 76 years of life, I have never gotten my equipment wet or dropped a camera or any electronic anything. I purchased this protection plan only because my newly acquired little sports camera will be getting killer use, and because the price of protection was under eleven dollars for two years.

I'm a lifetime amateur photographer and do have lots of expensive equipment, but I know how to protect all of it. With this little bitty sports camera, I plan to give it only minimal protection with maximum use. It s therefore is a high risk item and so insurance may be justified. .

If I ever have to make a claim, I will post the results.
on October 15, 2012
I purchase a camera and got this protection to got with it, but the manufactures coverages coinsides with the canopy coverage. Also, you need to call and register your product, it was very easy just give them the make and model over the phon and the price and you are done. You should get an e-mail that cofirms your coverage, so if you do not get it check your spam acount or call canopy and they will send you another one. For the price I thinks it is worth it because it cover ANT damgae to camera, no questions asked but does not cover lost or stolen items.
on August 10, 2015
When I bought a camera for my grandson who is under the age of three, I knew I would need this coverage. At his age, dropping and spilling things seems like a way of life. I loved having the peace of mind that the camera (child's camera) was covered when he dropped it or spilled his juice all over it. Surprisingly, this never happened and I didn't have to use it but to me it is worth the money to get this and know it is there when/if we need it.
on June 27, 2014
Okay so we bought a camera and they hit us with the usual insurance offer, but this time we bought it. We have a herd of grandchildren and they all take turns using the camera when we are out adventuring so I figured it was a wise choice to get the insurance. But honestly I didn't think they would cover it, figured they would hit us with some loophole and dodge the reimbursement. Boy was I wrong. So the screen went black. Looking closer I noticed it may have been because the corner of the camera was dented from being dropped :~) I start the claim and mail back the camera. Like a week later low and behold I have a check in my hands. One thing I can guaranty is I will always check for coverage from Canopy whenever making any purchases in the future.
on July 30, 2012
Well, I certainly can't complain with the wonderful service I got from this company. I had bought this insurance policy on a pocket camcorder I bought on Amazon about two years ago. Unfortunately, my camcorder didn't make it even 2 years so when problems started occurring with it I knew what I had to do. The people at Canopy (now called NEW) when I contacted them were very knowledgeable, kind, courteous and helpful through this ordeal. They made the return/refund process very simple, easy and fast for me. No hassles and no waiting very long either.

As a result, I ended up getting my full money back on the broken camcorder in the form of a check. With that money, it went toward a new camcorder (the same one) with enough left over (since the price had went down) to add insurance to my new one. And so far, so good - knock on wood!! I'd highly recommend them over the other competition.
on December 9, 2010
Bought the protection plan for a tripod. When the tripod broke and I filed a claim I was told that tripod was not in their system. To be honest I was told that if I was willing to wait three weeks they would get around to putting in their system or surprise surprise. I could get my money back and I could forget the whole thing. On the surface it sounds reasonable. Until you think Hey! They sold me a protection plan for something they don't cover and when the company has to pay they want to wait three weeks while holding my money or give my money back and forget it so they don't have to pay at all! Get scam! Great way to get money from the public and not put any money out. Good luck getting anything from these people.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2015
Don't understand why its called a 2 year .. Manufacturer Parts coverage from:Jul, 25 2015 - Jul, 24 2016
Protection Plan Parts coverage from:Jul, 25 2015 - Jul, 24 2017

Shouldn't the 2 years start: Jul, 25 2016 - Jul, 24 2018
Seems to me that it's miss leading I received a 1 year not 2 year
on April 30, 2015
haven't received this product yet since I am waiting on the camera to be delivered. But you cant go wrong with 2 yr protection at this price. I HIGHLY recommend anyone buying an electronic device to get the extra protection. My previous camera had the protection and then it didn't. Then my cats decided it was in their way when they tried to sleep so they pushed it out of their way - right onto the tile floor; which caused the shutter button to break off. I really wished I had that protection extended. 30$ is a lot cheaper than 199.00 to fix the camera. So I bought another camera. lol
on January 6, 2015
They were very helpful and when I replaced the camera because it quit working they transferred the coverage to the new camera. Very nice folks when I called in and really wanted to be helpful. Camera was less than a year old, so insurance didn't cover it the first year. Samsung wouldn't cover it as Amazon wasn't an authorized dealer...what??? For a restocking fee Amazon replaced the camera.