Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asurion 2-Year Kitchen Appliance Protection Plan ($100-$125), formerly Canopy
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $100-$125|Change
Price:$6.99+ Free shipping

on December 7, 2012
I paid for this protection for a Christmas present. I received an acknowledgement of payment but I don't have any idea who to notify if a problem develops after the gift is made. No information on who to contact and what is covered and what is not.
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
I bought my son a Kitchen Aid mixer. Canopy offered a 2 year protection plan for 29.99 that I purchased. He never received the plan in the mail. I wrote the company 3 different times asking them to send my son a copy of the plan and they never have sent it nor have they responded to my requests. I would like a total refund of my money and will do everything I can to get it.
on July 18, 2013
the only thing more than the manufacture's warranty it covers is power surges. so when my 4-month old food processor broke (the bowl cracked), they wouldn't do anything about it. waste of money.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
It's been over a month and I haven’t got my protection plan. I've tried e-mailing over and over with no response. Don't buy from this company. I think my only option left is disputing this charge with my credit card company. I think thats the only way I can get my money back that this point.
66 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2013
I purchased this protection plan when I got my stand mixer last year. I have yet to receive any documentation on exactly what is covered. When I complained, the company did nothing about it. Don't buy this warranty.
on July 17, 2013
I purchased this "protection" for an Electric Kettle Chef's Choice 677. Less than 6 months later, it failed to function and I approached Canopy who refused to touch it saying that it was covered by the manufacturer's warranty and that I have to send it back to them. That cost me $16 to ship back the appliance to Moose Droppings, PA or wherever it had to be sent for repairs. I don't expect them to refund me.
Canopy's Customer Service informed me that when the one year manufacturers warranty is up, the kettle protection plan would be covered for ONE YEAR only by Canopy!!
THAT, IN MY BOOK IS FRAUD!! And Amazon is allowing this to happen? It's outrageous!
Pity we don't have the equivalent of the Trade's Descriptions Act in this country so we can deal with these kind of false statements!
A damn shame!
88 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
I never did receive it! It may be a good thing for those who actually got it. I will change the rating if I ever get what I paid for.
on February 25, 2013
I bought the protection plan over two months ago and have still not received anything regarding the plan. They have not given me any information on what I need to do if something goes wrong with my appliance.
on March 19, 2013
My big boss rapid wave oven broke five days after I got it,called the canopy phone number and was told the oven was not covered the first year.Had to send back to the big boss for any replacement or service.It's only a one year plan after the first year of the plan that comes with the unit.so it's only a one year plan not two!
on January 5, 2014
I purchased this protection plan when I bought a Breville Juicer about a year ago. The juicer broke and I almost forgot about this protection plan. I just called and had the original order number of the protection plan and the Breville Juicer. It was a simple process. After the call, I received an UPS mailer to send the damaged product within minutes. It's not boxed up and ready to be shipped out. I was able to get a full refund for the damaged product creddited into my Amazon account. I will now be purchasing more Canopy protection plans for anything I purchase over $100.