5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Canopy
Published 23 months ago by thebrat

2.0 out of 5 stars Took *forever* to repair my laptop
I ended up using this service on my laptop when the power connector pin came out. It took 4-5 weeks for me to get my laptop back, and when I did, they didn't even fix everything, saying the damage was aesthetic only (one of the USB ports didn't even work, but supposedly did during their test) For them to have it for so long, I expect to come back at least fixed.
Published 23 months ago by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Canopy, January 30, 2013
I am happy I purchased this product because Samsung does not provide relevant technical support for their products. In fact, Samsung is so bad that when I called regarding a non-working Google Chromebook with, as I later learned, a non-functioning motherboard they told me to turn it upside down and shake it. Then I was told it would cost $80,00 to repair a brand-new netbook. Shame on Samsung and good for Canopy since they will cover and handle all issues regarding electronic devices.

2.0 out of 5 stars Took *forever* to repair my laptop, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Canopy 2-Year Laptop Accidental Protection Plan ($1000-$1250) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job giving credit, January 11, 2014
I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet and this protection Plan. I had to return the tablet and they did a good job giving be credit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Using the protection plan, December 30, 2013
once my computer was damaged I contacted Canopy, they sent me a link so I can print a return label for UPS, took them a day to fix the problem to print a label. Canopy states "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" and this is not the case, its when the item is received. When I asked the representative about this statement "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" she told me that this is not the policy. I spoke to Amazon and of course they were not able to help me in this matter because they are not responsible for a third party vendor, what a joke...... Do yourself a favor, make sure you contact amazon first before you decide to use the protection plan from canopy.....

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, April 4, 2014
. emari (silver spring, Md USA) - See all my reviews
This is one of those times that I really feel fine about investing in a "protection plan" - I have a special needs kid, and sometimes when things are dropped, I wish for the good ole' days when a plan meant a no stress refund or assistance with a replacement. Well, from the moment that I called, I was treated with dignity and respect, as well as a willingness to instruct me step by step on the process of returning the equipment and, when, where, and how I would receive the certificate of credit.. Kudos to Amazon for partnering with Canopy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and beyond!, May 21, 2014
Amazing service. Way to go! Could not fix the item so we received a gift card immediately. Very happy with service and very happy I purchased it for my sons lap top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for user stupidity, August 18, 2014
I was walking up the stairs with my open laptop in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Needless to say, that ended up being a bad idea and my laptop that I had only had for a few months was in need of repair.

I'm very glad I decided to buy this protection plan when I ordered my laptop. I called up their support, they issued a ticket and got a box to me very quickly. My laptop was fixed the day they received it and I got it back within a week. The only way this whole experience could have been better is if I hadn't broken my laptop in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value-No Hassles, March 4, 2014
I purchased a Chromebook for my 9 yr. old granddaughter for Christmas. It made it to early March before a bowl of cereal got spilled on it. I called Canopy. There was no hassle. They sent me a pre-paid shipping label for it and sent me an Amazon gift card for what I paid for it so I could get another one. The whole process with Canopy took less than 10 minutes. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what they promised., February 11, 2014
My son cracked the screen on the laptop I got for him for Christmas in January. Sent it back, filed the claim, got money for a new laptop right away. One of the few warranties I have ever purchases that actually seemed worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of 5, January 7, 2014
I think i would have preferred receiving the protection plan in the mail to have a hard copy available with terms and regulations.