Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $1000-$1250|Change
Price:$193.86+ Free shipping

on January 16, 2013
I ended up using this service on my laptop when the power connector pin came out. It took 4-5 weeks for me to get my laptop back, and when I did, they didn't even fix everything, saying the damage was aesthetic only (one of the USB ports didn't even work, but supposedly did during their test) For them to have it for so long, I expect to come back at least fixed.
on December 30, 2013
once my computer was damaged I contacted Canopy, they sent me a link so I can print a return label for UPS, took them a day to fix the problem to print a label. Canopy states "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" and this is not the case, its when the item is received. When I asked the representative about this statement "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" she told me that this is not the policy. I spoke to Amazon and of course they were not able to help me in this matter because they are not responsible for a third party vendor, what a joke...... Do yourself a favor, make sure you contact amazon first before you decide to use the protection plan from canopy.....
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2015
So far worthless. They haven't managed to send me a return box after two weeks and three calls. I have no idea how long it will be once my pc goes there for repair.
on August 6, 2015
I received an Acer Chromebook for Christmas, and it works great. The only problem is that I dropped my laptop and bent the prong on the power supply. Thankfully (I thought), the person who bought the gift for me also bought this Canopy Protection plan.

I filed a claim on their very generic and scam-like website, registered the product, and filled out a claim. I heard nothing from them for almost a month, and only then after I called them. I was chided by a customer service rep riding the line between polite and rude for not filling out the claim completely (not true).

She then told me that this is an accidental protection plan that does not cover power supplies because they are an accessory. I'm sorry, but a power supply and a decorative case are not exactly the same thing. If the computer doesn't have a power supply, it's not going to work for very long. So, I guess the person who purchased the gift may have purchased the wrong type of plan due to a lack of awareness on their part. I'm sure a lot of money is made on plans like this that are never utilized or are unable to be utilized like mine.

I'm purchasing a new power supply for $13, but that's not the point. It's just the principle of the thing. If you want to buy a protection plan for an expensive electronic product, either do a thorough job reading, or go to a big box store like Best Buy where you can talk to a real person, and not just someone looking to move on to the next phone call, doing as little as possible to help you out.
on April 29, 2014
Bad omen: I get an email thanking me for purchasing their product, but it then tells me, "Please note: This is your Canopy contract. You will not receive anything in the mail." This, then, is followed by NO CONTRACT, but rather only a link to another site with FIVE columns, side by side on the same page, with an IMPOSSIBLY small font to read. In fact, you CAN'T read it! One would have to copy it, paste it into a Word document, enlarge the text from what looks like .5 pt to 12 pt, and then try to reformat it before being able to read it, let alone to save it. YUK! If you're going to charge me this much, but not really give me the terms and conditions in a separate email, or snail-mail, then I don't really feel like you care about me or my purchase all that much! Who dreamed up this initial presentation to a new customer?!!

Terrible hint of bad Customer Service correspondence to follow. Talk about feeling only bad news is to follow "in the small print," as they say. !! All I can say is, YUK!
on December 5, 2015
My laptop screen broke when accidentally dropped down the stairs. The screen was seriously broken and the laptop had scratch marks from the fall. Before the break however, the laptop back cover had a tip that was sort of melted (Did not effect laptop performance at all, was just aesthetically broken). Also, the laptop was having issues running simple games like CS:GO and had screen tearing and slow fps (14 fps). I called customer service and was happy with the fast connection to an agent rather than an automatized system. The agent asked a few questions and informed me that a shipping box will be on its way. I was pleased with the claim filing process. I shipped the laptop to Canopy, and yes it comes with a pre-paid shipping label. About a week after I called to check the status on the laptop and the agent informed me that it is on the way and should be arriving the next day. I was surprised at the speed it took for them to fix my computer. After receiving the laptop, I noticed that nothing was done about the plastic back cover, which I made sure to tell the agent about. I started the laptop and I instantly realized the color of the screen was wonky (The black startup screen was more like dark grey). I continued to use it not thinking of it. But then I checked the screen resolution and it was 1600x900. The original screen of my laptop is 1920x1080. I was and am really disappointed with the Canopy protection plan and hope it will be resolved after speaking with them again.
on January 30, 2013
I am happy I purchased this product because Samsung does not provide relevant technical support for their products. In fact, Samsung is so bad that when I called regarding a non-working Google Chromebook with, as I later learned, a non-functioning motherboard they told me to turn it upside down and shake it. Then I was told it would cost $80,00 to repair a brand-new netbook. Shame on Samsung and good for Canopy since they will cover and handle all issues regarding electronic devices.
on January 7, 2015
Totally worth getting this plan if you are at all a clutz with your stuff! We just used this to replace our touch screen transformer book that my husband dropped and shattered the screen on. We contacted the company with this protection plan and it was a smooth and pleasant transaction. They sent us a box to send back the computer in and they sent us a replacement one. The whole process took less than 3 weeks till we got our new laptop. We were very pleased!
on May 6, 2015
I have had this protection for the laptop computers I purchased for BOTH of my teenage children. The hard drive has gone out2 times on one computer, and once on the other. Also have had the headphone Jack go out on one of them too. Canopy has fixed the computers with ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM ON 4 SEPARATE OCCASIONS NOW!! Also my daughter had dropped her laptop, and had a couple of keys pop off of the keyboard. They installed a new keyboard, without problem!! I have had an EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE eith Canopy, and would DEFINITELY RECOMEND THEM TO ANYONE purchasing a computer they are not sure about, or if purchased for a child. (specifically for the DROP AND SPILL PROTECTION).
on November 11, 2014
I haven't used the plan yet, but have several problems so far. The plan is effective from 11/9, when I bought it, even though the protected device is a Christmas present that is still wrapped. Second, the is no mailed copy, and the emailed contract is 2 pages of tiny print, unreadable by most humans. How do I change the print format so the new owner can read it?