Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Service plan term: 2 YearsService plan covered value: $ 200-$250Change
Price:$63.77+ Free shipping

on December 30, 2013
once my computer was damaged I contacted Canopy, they sent me a link so I can print a return label for UPS, took them a day to fix the problem to print a label. Canopy states "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" and this is not the case, its when the item is received. When I asked the representative about this statement "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" she told me that this is not the policy. I spoke to Amazon and of course they were not able to help me in this matter because they are not responsible for a third party vendor, what a joke...... Do yourself a favor, make sure you contact amazon first before you decide to use the protection plan from canopy.....
11 comment62 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
I ended up using this service on my laptop when the power connector pin came out. It took 4-5 weeks for me to get my laptop back, and when I did, they didn't even fix everything, saying the damage was aesthetic only (one of the USB ports didn't even work, but supposedly did during their test) For them to have it for so long, I expect to come back at least fixed.
11 comment45 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2015
So far worthless. They haven't managed to send me a return box after two weeks and three calls. I have no idea how long it will be once my pc goes there for repair.
on April 29, 2014
Bad omen: I get an email thanking me for purchasing their product, but it then tells me, "Please note: This is your Canopy contract. You will not receive anything in the mail." This, then, is followed by NO CONTRACT, but rather only a link to another site with FIVE columns, side by side on the same page, with an IMPOSSIBLY small font to read. In fact, you CAN'T read it! One would have to copy it, paste it into a Word document, enlarge the text from what looks like .5 pt to 12 pt, and then try to reformat it before being able to read it, let alone to save it. YUK! If you're going to charge me this much, but not really give me the terms and conditions in a separate email, or snail-mail, then I don't really feel like you care about me or my purchase all that much! Who dreamed up this initial presentation to a new customer?!!

Terrible hint of bad Customer Service correspondence to follow. Talk about feeling only bad news is to follow "in the small print," as they say. !! All I can say is, YUK!
33 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
I am happy I purchased this product because Samsung does not provide relevant technical support for their products. In fact, Samsung is so bad that when I called regarding a non-working Google Chromebook with, as I later learned, a non-functioning motherboard they told me to turn it upside down and shake it. Then I was told it would cost $80,00 to repair a brand-new netbook. Shame on Samsung and good for Canopy since they will cover and handle all issues regarding electronic devices.
0Comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2014
This is one of those times that I really feel fine about investing in a "protection plan" - I have a special needs kid, and sometimes when things are dropped, I wish for the good ole' days when a plan meant a no stress refund or assistance with a replacement. Well, from the moment that I called, I was treated with dignity and respect, as well as a willingness to instruct me step by step on the process of returning the equipment and, when, where, and how I would receive the certificate of credit.. Kudos to Amazon for partnering with Canopy.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet and this protection Plan. I had to return the tablet and they did a good job giving be credit.
on May 6, 2015
I have had this protection for the laptop computers I purchased for BOTH of my teenage children. The hard drive has gone out2 times on one computer, and once on the other. Also have had the headphone Jack go out on one of them too. Canopy has fixed the computers with ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM ON 4 SEPARATE OCCASIONS NOW!! Also my daughter had dropped her laptop, and had a couple of keys pop off of the keyboard. They installed a new keyboard, without problem!! I have had an EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE eith Canopy, and would DEFINITELY RECOMEND THEM TO ANYONE purchasing a computer they are not sure about, or if purchased for a child. (specifically for the DROP AND SPILL PROTECTION).
on August 6, 2015
I received an Acer Chromebook for Christmas, and it works great. The only problem is that I dropped my laptop and bent the prong on the power supply. Thankfully (I thought), the person who bought the gift for me also bought this Canopy Protection plan.

I filed a claim on their very generic and scam-like website, registered the product, and filled out a claim. I heard nothing from them for almost a month, and only then after I called them. I was chided by a customer service rep riding the line between polite and rude for not filling out the claim completely (not true).

She then told me that this is an accidental protection plan that does not cover power supplies because they are an accessory. I'm sorry, but a power supply and a decorative case are not exactly the same thing. If the computer doesn't have a power supply, it's not going to work for very long. So, I guess the person who purchased the gift may have purchased the wrong type of plan due to a lack of awareness on their part. I'm sure a lot of money is made on plans like this that are never utilized or are unable to be utilized like mine.

I'm purchasing a new power supply for $13, but that's not the point. It's just the principle of the thing. If you want to buy a protection plan for an expensive electronic product, either do a thorough job reading, or go to a big box store like Best Buy where you can talk to a real person, and not just someone looking to move on to the next phone call, doing as little as possible to help you out.
on January 7, 2014
I think i would have preferred receiving the protection plan in the mail to have a hard copy available with terms and regulations.