Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asurion 2-Year Office Product Protection Plan ($50-$75)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 50-$75|Change
Price:$4.21+ Free shipping

on February 27, 2014
I usually don't buy extended warranties, but it was cheap and since it was for a printer which typically do fail within a year or two, decided to purchase. I haven't had to use the plan yet, so I can't comment on the easy of filing a claim, but will note that I did receive the email in a timely manner and had no issue registering my product.

A few comments: coverage starts the date you purchase, not when you actually receive the item, if the item is a gift being bought ahead of time, this could be a bigger issue. The 2 year plan really isn't a 2 year extension plan -- year 1 is the standard manufacturer's warranty (assuming your product comes with a 1 year warranty), with the exception of covering power surges, this plan only starts after that and goes for 1 year beyond that. Granted, the details do explain this, but I do find it a bit misleading to title the product a 2 year protection plan.
44 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
I am in the habit of buying 'extended warranties' for my electronics, because you just never know.
The only positive thing I can say at this point is this one came at a great price. If I never have to use it, it was worth the minimal cost.
Having said that, I'll say this.... It is beyond my realm of understanding how in the world, in this age of electronic technology, it takes 16 days to receive my protection plan via E-mail. PLUS, it took 2 times of contacting the seller to accomplish THAT.
That is SO unacceptable to me.
Based on my above statement, this seller goes on my list of 'Don't buy from this company'. In my opinion, their customer 'service' is non-existent.
66 comments|170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We purchased an epson workforce 2540 multifunction printer. The back paper feeder as well as the top document feeder is defective and not working. The product is still under the manufacturer's 1 year warranty as well as this warranty. After numerous emails to both epson and canopy, we have not received any response. Additionally amazon has not complaint process to help us in this instance resolve the matter.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2014
Do NOT waste your time with this " plan ". I never received the Download via E-Mail . Nor a response . Actually , when I purchased this warranty , I had forgotten that I purchased one for a camera about 3 months ago that I never received , either . I don't know how these guys get away with this on Amazon .
22 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
Don't like the idea the protection starts on the day of purchase. It duplicates,in part, the coverage provided by the
manufacturer. Canopy should pick up at the expiration of manufacturer's. Otherwise the "2 Year" plan is actually
a "1 Year" plan.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
Bought the Product Protection Plan from N.E.W (an Asurion company) along with a TI-84 Graphic Calculator as a Christmas gift. Never got any documentation related to the Plan. 30+ days later when we discovered that the calculator didn’t turn on, the supplier of the calculator informed us that we couldn’t return it, and advised to turn to the Protection Plan. Since we have no instruction on how to use the Plan, we are stock with a useless Protection Plan and useless calculator.
44 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
I wanted a readable hard copy of the agreement for my files. The email one was not readable when printed. It took 3 phone calls and over 1-1/2 months to get one in the mail
on July 23, 2014
They sent this via e-mail only. The document they sent is so small, I can't read it! Go to print it, and I get error messages. I am informed this is the only way they send the document is through e-mail! I find that totally unacceptable. The document should be in legible form, and should allow you to print it!
on January 3, 2015
I don't usually buy extended warranties on small electronics which includes my printers but I'm certainly glad I did this time. My printer broke down 1 month after their coverage ended and there was Canopy to pick up the slack and save the day. I called and talked for a little over 5 minutes and was told how to proceed. (box it up, send it them on THEIR dime and wait for a reimbursement gift card for Amazon to cover the cost of a new one) Did all of that and the next morning (Saturday) I got the email with the credit and bought the new printer. I am a happy and satisfied customer that is going to get this one covered also.
on December 9, 2014
I bought this for my son's TI Nspire Calculator, in two months the USB port stopped working (computer did not recognize the calculator). His school requires to upgrade calculator's firmware to the latest version to work on some specific functions.

When I call Canopy, they told me to call TI support because the manufacturer's warranty is for one year. Even if it was beyond one year, they don't cover the USB port issues.

so for me buying this protection plan was useless.