5.0 out of 5 stars Protection is always good.
I really cant rate this for I have not needed to use it and I hope I never do. I did need help with reg. my SSD there rep was very helpful and fast with helping me. So if I do need to use my protection I believe there will not be any problems. Like I said I hope I don't need to use it tho. If I do I will revise and let everyone know how things work out.
Published 3 days ago by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Canopy protection plans
Published 4 months ago by Zugalz

1.0 out of 5 stars Canopy protection plans, December 2, 2013
This protection plan was advertised after I purchased my product, I figured It's really cheap and I can be protected for 2 years. That sounds pretty good. I instantly got an email from Canopy after ordering the service, telling me to use the order number provided to register the protection plan online. I gave up on this after trying about 10 times. I tried to contact Canopy to make sure I am protected but there was no response. Then If you get really looking into their amazon profile. All of the positive reviews are written in the same slightly broken english, and none of them refer to the service given by canopy very clearly. Call me a conspiracy theorist but they look like fake reviews to me. Also after every bad comment you see the generic. "canopy would like to help you, please call us now" message. Which I am sure you will see after my review very shortly. Anyway I am going to go return this, Decide for yourself, I would look for another protection plan.

3.0 out of 5 stars read the contract first, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Canopy 2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Plan ($0-$50) (Personal Computers)
In my case I was buying this for a low-cost replacement hard drive so total cost was less than $5.00. But if I had looked at the contract terms and conditions first I'd probably not bought it -- too many exclusions and exceptions. You can read the contract details on line, but they are displayed in a text format that makes them very difficult to print in a readable text size. You can get a readable copy of their agreement by calling 1-866-551-5924.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable price; hard to find the Terms., December 15, 2013
Randy D. (CA United States) - See all my reviews
Hard to find the actual terms even though description makes reference to them. No link. Then once you receive the email, 2 days later, (?) the link in the email takes you to a PDF document that is formatted for a piece of paper with very small type and hard to read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paying for Mfg warranty period with no plan assistance, December 26, 2013
I was dubious of this plan, but decided to try it since hard disks fail often. The plan period starts from when you buy the product even though the manufacturer warranty is in effect. If the product fails during the manufacturer warranty period, they tell you to call the manufacturer for service and don't let you file a claim. So your paying, in my case, for a year of service protection that you can't get from them. So now I have to struggle with the manufacturer, pay for return shipping, and hope they will provide a replacement. Not what I thought I purchased. *Egg protection plan is much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, December 11, 2013
I don't know about this product. I bought it just in case and it seemed legit, but when you use it, it seems sketchy. The product registration does not seem very legit. I would avoid buying this. Amazon has a fantastic return and replacement system; this is really an unnecessary thing to buy. I won't be making the mistake again. It is also very complicated to set your item up.

1.0 out of 5 stars I had a hard time canceling this, March 31, 2014
I ordered this with a device. I canceled the device, but I had a hard time canceling this coverage. I should have not bought this coverage

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst customer service ever!!!!!, January 22, 2014
Bobby (Avondale, Arizona, US) - See all my reviews
The worst customer service ever! I just wanted to call and find out what I was to have coverage on. The woman I spoke to didn't know. The woman informed me that the address was incorrect on my account and since the order was listed under my wife's name she would have to call and change the address. The only thing that had my wife's name on it was the billing address but on the order it clearly states that I am the purchaser. All of this I could tolerate until I noticed their ad says they are N.E.W an asurion company. I have all 6 of my cell phones insured through Asurion and as far as I'm concerned they are a very good company. I then asked a very simple question and that was " how are you associated with Asurion" the answer I got was " we are parents with Asurion". The woman said this was the response her SUPERVISOR told her to give me. So this tells me NO ONE in this company has a clue as to how corporations manage companies they own or partner with. I called Asurion and I was told by a young lady that Canopy is a company they due business with in order to work with Amazon and other such companies. I'm so glad I only lost $5.00 any more and I would be LIVID. The fact that Amazon associates with such a company as canopy gives me pause and makes me wonder if they are lowering their standards just to get more money!

2.0 out of 5 stars No sir, I don't like it, January 25, 2014
It looks like this offers Amazon credit for defective equipment. But it also looks like it really only works when the device is out of the manufacturer's warranty, which I don't like.

And there's an online registration aspect that I don't like. And I've gotta review it with more than 20 words, I just don't like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Time will tell, April 15, 2014
Dan (Virginia) - See all my reviews
I don't normally buy peripheral protection plans, but this plan was reasonably priced and having just purchased an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station I decided to purchase it. The cost was a less than six dollars a year and I found that acceptable. Hopefully if I incur an issue with my router this plan will cover it. If a problem does arise, I will post a follow-up detailing the issue(s)..

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection is always good., April 12, 2014