4.0 out of 5 stars It is cheap protection for a couple of years. ...
It is cheap protection for a couple of years. Customer service is friendly and very helpful. It is worth the money spent.
Published 1 month ago by Bugg

1.0 out of 5 stars Canopy protection plans
Published 12 months ago by Zugalz

1.0 out of 5 stars Canopy protection plans, December 2, 2013
This protection plan was advertised after I purchased my product, I figured It's really cheap and I can be protected for 2 years. That sounds pretty good. I instantly got an email from Canopy after ordering the service, telling me to use the order number provided to register the protection plan online. I gave up on this after trying about 10 times. I tried to contact Canopy to make sure I am protected but there was no response. Then If you get really looking into their amazon profile. All of the positive reviews are written in the same slightly broken english, and none of them refer to the service given by canopy very clearly. Call me a conspiracy theorist but they look like fake reviews to me. Also after every bad comment you see the generic. "canopy would like to help you, please call us now" message. Which I am sure you will see after my review very shortly. Anyway I am going to go return this, Decide for yourself, I would look for another protection plan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paying for Mfg warranty period with no plan assistance, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Canopy 2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Plan ($125-$150) (Personal Computers)
I was dubious of this plan, but decided to try it since hard disks fail often. The plan period starts from when you buy the product even though the manufacturer warranty is in effect. If the product fails during the manufacturer warranty period, they tell you to call the manufacturer for service and don't let you file a claim. So your paying, in my case, for a year of service protection that you can't get from them. So now I have to struggle with the manufacturer, pay for return shipping, and hope they will provide a replacement. Not what I thought I purchased. *Egg protection plan is much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars read the contract first, November 30, 2013
In my case I was buying this for a low-cost replacement hard drive so total cost was less than $5.00. But if I had looked at the contract terms and conditions first I'd probably not bought it -- too many exclusions and exceptions. You can read the contract details on line, but they are displayed in a text format that makes them very difficult to print in a readable text size. You can get a readable copy of their agreement by calling 1-866-551-5924.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst customer service ever!!!!!, January 22, 2014
Bobby (Avondale, Arizona, US) - See all my reviews
The worst customer service ever! I just wanted to call and find out what I was to have coverage on. The woman I spoke to didn't know. The woman informed me that the address was incorrect on my account and since the order was listed under my wife's name she would have to call and change the address. The only thing that had my wife's name on it was the billing address but on the order it clearly states that I am the purchaser. All of this I could tolerate until I noticed their ad says they are N.E.W an asurion company. I have all 6 of my cell phones insured through Asurion and as far as I'm concerned they are a very good company. I then asked a very simple question and that was " how are you associated with Asurion" the answer I got was " we are parents with Asurion". The woman said this was the response her SUPERVISOR told her to give me. So this tells me NO ONE in this company has a clue as to how corporations manage companies they own or partner with. I called Asurion and I was told by a young lady that Canopy is a company they due business with in order to work with Amazon and other such companies. I'm so glad I only lost $5.00 any more and I would be LIVID. The fact that Amazon associates with such a company as canopy gives me pause and makes me wonder if they are lowering their standards just to get more money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, December 11, 2013
I don't know about this product. I bought it just in case and it seemed legit, but when you use it, it seems sketchy. The product registration does not seem very legit. I would avoid buying this. Amazon has a fantastic return and replacement system; this is really an unnecessary thing to buy. I won't be making the mistake again. It is also very complicated to set your item up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable price; hard to find the Terms., December 15, 2013
Randy D. (CA United States) - See all my reviews
Hard to find the actual terms even though description makes reference to them. No link. Then once you receive the email, 2 days later, (?) the link in the email takes you to a PDF document that is formatted for a piece of paper with very small type and hard to read.

1.0 out of 5 stars I had a hard time canceling this, March 31, 2014
I ordered this with a device. I canceled the device, but I had a hard time canceling this coverage. I should have not bought this coverage

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of words - wish I could see them!, April 25, 2014
Received the warranty plan today - print is so small I can't read the words in the warranty. What are these people thinking? Why not make the warranty several pages that you can read vs a two page warranty you can not read?

It probably covers everything, but you couldn't prove it by me - I need a magnifying glass to read the very small print!

There is a number you can call to get a warranty in larger print, but why should I have to do that, when its just as easy to send it to me in larger print?

Amazon - you need to change to Square Trade Warranties - you can read them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off, February 27, 2014
Tried to use if for one of the gaming mouse that experienced problems and was told product had a manufacturers warranty so the wouldn't honor their agreement -------- A RIP OFF !!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it claims to be, July 26, 2014
KS (Portland) - See all my reviews
Be Careful...read the fine print before you buy.

The ad copy says Canopy will repair or replace only after manufacturers warranty ends, and

If they can;t (or chose not to) the cure is to refund the original premium.

NO REAL WARRANTY AT ALL.