5.0 out of 5 stars Get this, even if you don't think you'll need it - I did!
Published on September 3, 2012 by Tex

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, tricky business practices
Published 11 months ago by Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this, even if you don't think you'll need it - I did!, September 3, 2012
Tex (Northwest) - See all my reviews
When I bought my Canon Rebel T3i through Amazon in April, this warranty was recommended. I have owned a couple of pricey DSLR cameras, and I've never had to get one repaired but something told me to sign up for this. The previous reviewer is correct: when you purchase this warranty, the nice folks at Canopy Protection in Quebec send e-mail and also call to make sure you're all set up or if you have any questions. That level of customer service at the point of purchase is really nice, let alone if you have to use the warranty.

Little did I know just 3 months after buying my camera, I would need this. The camera came with a gadget bag that had a faulty latch. When I was out with the camera, I put it back in the bag after taking some photos, the latch didn't stick, and my new camera came tumbling out! When I picked it up to check everything, the LCD monitor on the back was no longer working. I called Canopy the next day and they could not have been nicer. I told them what happened and the nice customer service rep said, "Of course that is covered, let me tell you what to expect next." She walked me through the entire process, which basically amounts to Canopy e-mailing an expense-paid shipping label so the camera can be sent to a repair facility. When the label came, I packed everything up safely and dropped it off at my local UPS.

Once the camera was in the mail, I got periodic e-mails from Canopy telling me the camera had been received, it was being repaired, it was on its way back to me, etc. I was also able to use an order number and check the status on line. Before I knew it, my camera had been delivered back to my front door. (In the meantime, I had also ordered a new camera bag from Amazon, one that zips up tight to protect my camera.)

My camera works perfectly again, and I also got a very nice follow up call from the folks at Canopy, checking to make sure my camera was working and I was satisfied. Again, I never thought I'd really need repairs for my camera - especially so soon after I bought it - but I am so glad that I made the investment with Canopy. The process could not have been easier and they are the best company to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer Contact 1st Rate, October 14, 2012
Haven't had to use this yet, but, I had a pricey accident with a lens recently, so, I decided to get Canopy protection on an Olympus OM-D.

Had followup email from Canopy, and a followup phone call to make sure I received the registration email. Well, I hadn't, so the followup was awesome. Without the followup, I would have to dig into what to do.

This kind of customer followup is fantastic for a pure service item. Thanks, Canopy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this protection plan for peace of mind!, November 16, 2014
I bought this plan for use with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16.1 MP and I HIGHLY recommend this plan.

Two months after purchasing my camera and several amazing adventures later (snorkeling with turtles and sting rays, visiting cenotes, visiting multiple countries, etc) my friend accidentally cracked my camera's LCD screen. The underwater camera started getting foggy and there were image quality issues (appears the water was getting in).

I called Canopy and explained about my APP (accidental damage protection plan) and they actually submitted my request for a new camera over the phone (and explained how I could do it online/ check on it). A box came for my camera within 3 days. I sent the camera in the box and they refunded me the entire camera amount!

The service was prompt, there were no hesitations or questions. I would (and am) definitely using this company again for insurance (I purchased the same camera again and got the same plan).

Please note: The Accidental Protection Plan does covers a set amount. Once the camera is damaged and this amount is refunded to you, the plan is considered fulfilled. If you want coverage for another camera (even if it's the same one) you will need to buy a NEW plan. Even if your plan is for 3 years (like mine), once the coverage amount is paid out (in my case, two months after purchase), the plan term is considered "fulfilled" and the amount of years no longer matter. In that case, I cannot claim the insurance again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, tricky business practices, January 8, 2014
Reader (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I decided to check out this company by going to their web site. They have "customer testimonials" listed there and they sound very fakey, like they were written by a marketing person. So to see if they were real, I decided to do a reverse image search on some of the pictures they have. Guess what... stock photos. Some of the images even appear to be stolen from flickr without attribution. I would not patronize this company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never received a response from these people regarding purchase or any kind of proof via email or snail mail., December 26, 2013
Since I also have a warranty from this outfit on my cell phone, I figured they must be ok. However, if I can't even get a copy of the warranty or proof that I have purchased this warranty after repeated emails, it does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling that I will have any luck if I actually need service on my camera under the warranty. Guess I should have bought one from SquareTrade in the first place. Probably will do so and cancel this one. Lousy customer service!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warranty for my new WX 350, April 11, 2014
Great service for the price, I can not think of something worse than to spend good money on a new camera and then to drop it and it is useless. Peace of mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice., August 31, 2014
Donald Cloud (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Always purchase this affordable protection. I have only need it once, but it saved me over $400.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canopy 3-year Camera Accidental Protection Plan, January 6, 2014
I purchased this plan for my nikon camera. I haven't had to use for this camera but I have purchased this coverage in the past and used it and had no issues at all. The customer service department was very happy to cover the equipment and it was worth the money to get the coverage. I have been very happy and successful when purchasing this protection in the past.

2.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plan Should Have gone with the Baby Shower Gift!, November 4, 2014
I am very disappointed that this Protection Plan came to me in an Email, and not with the Samsung SmartCam HD Pro 1080p Full-HD Wi-Fi Camera that I purchase for my Nephew and his wife as a Baby Shower Gift on Amazon! I live in New Jersey and they live in California. What good is this Protection Plan going to help them if I have it! It should have been provided with the Gift!

4.0 out of 5 stars I trust that this is an effective policy against damage to my grandson's Go Pro camera - fortunately we haven't had to use it., June 8, 2014
This product is a good value considering all the bad things that could happen to this action camera. I wouldn't purchase a Go Pro camera without this protection.