|Number of Items||1|
Canopy 3-Year Laptop Computer Accidental Protection Plan ($1000-$1250)
|Price:||$244.03 & FREE Shipping|
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Protection starts when your product ships and covers accidental drops, spills, and cracked screens
- Covers 100% of parts and labor with no deductible; your product is fixed, or you receive the full replacement cost
- Free two-way shipping, fixed in 3 days or less
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
So you can easily see that in my case, I came out well ahead because of the insurance. Of Course, I think you have to use good business sense when considering this type of purchase, here's my short list of considerations:
1. What is the item cost as a ratio to the insurance cost. I generally don't buy anything at less than a 5:1 ratio of value to insurance cost, As an example, a $9 personal labeller with a $4.50 insurance coverage simply isn't worth it. On the other hand, a $1250 laptop with a $75 replacement warranty is worth it, usually.
2. What type of use will the product get (i.e., how tough will you be on it.) In my case, I would be using the laptop in the field a lot when I teach our class on forensic taphonomy -- digging up dead bodies for criminal or civil litigation purposes. A year ago I replaced a nice DLSR by buying a Nikon D90 with extra long telephoto (600mm ) lens that we use in our criminal surveillance and intelligence class.Read more ›
If you are CONTEMPLATING on getting this insurance, stop thinking and get the manufacturer's accidental protection plan or bestbuy's. They rip you off but you get it back when you mess up your device. I deeply regret purchasing this product. They are legit but they are not one of the best.
The Good: Customer service.The CSR that took my claim handled it a fast professional manor. I mean it was late in the evening and I was done registering and submitting the claim in about 6 minutes. The box arrived 2 days later complete with tracking information and enough padding to protect it from even UPS' shenanigans. Also the delay from being told we'd be receiving a refund and actually getting it was about 24 hours.
The Bad: It took almost a month after receiving the item before it was decided that the laptop could not be repaired. A month with your computer is a far cry from the 3 day listed, but if you read the terms... they are within their agreement to do so. I repair computers as part of my job, and I'm not sure why it took so long for their technicians to decide they couldn't fix it.
The Ugly: The refund was for the laptop, but there was no apparent refund for the unused portion (33 months or so) of the protection plan and there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer it to the replacement laptop.
Conclusion: I'm glad I paid for the protection plan, but I'm not entirely satisfied in the execution of the plan. It took far longer than it should have to diagnose, and my opinion is that since the new laptop would be a direct 1:1 replacement (same model etc) that the remaining months of coverage should apply to this one just as if it had been repaired.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well they didn't fix my laptop the first time I sent it off to Canopy so hopefully with information from a 3rd party Canopy will take their information and actually repair it this... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
Hope I don't have to use it. But after owning a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro and having it crap out in less than 2 years of use and giving it the kid glove treatment I felt as though I needed... Read morePublished 18 days ago by M. Oney
I would rather receive something in the mail if I would have know that I would have not purchased this Thanks-Robert BennettPublished 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
I spill things.ALL THE TIME.
So after ruining my last laptop, I made sure to get insurance on my replacement, since I do programming for school and need a nicer computer. Read more
Don't buy a new laptop without an extended warranty that covers EVERYTHING---this one does, at a decent price. Hope to never use it, but knowing its there gives peace of mind.Published 1 month ago by wilddog
I ordered a product in Dec and the warranty will not be here until Jan 14-19th??? Why? Then there is no product name on there so you have to go back to your orders to figure out... Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. Horbury
A great laptop deserves a great protection agreement. I take my laptop on motorcycle trips to process digital photographs ... i need a good protection agreement and this is it!Published 1 month ago by brianandlayne