5.0 out of 5 stars Return of unused product
I purchased this warranty with spills and drop protection to cover a $1100 laptop. I know some folks will tell you that these are foolish add-on buys that you rarely need, and the may be right for many consumers. In my case, though, I know the usage I'll give a laptop like this. I'm a professor that teaches both online and on campus. My laptop is a MUST HAVE item, so if...
Published 10 months ago by Carl Franklin, JD, PhD

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst warranty service I have ever had
Sent my laptop in for keyboard replacement and they replaced the hard drive and monitor also. When they replaced the hard drive they deleted the original factory restore and loaded a generic windows OS. This OS didn't have all the functionality that the factory one had and going to the factory website wouldn't allow me to download the drivers I needed. Reply was that the...
Published 18 months ago by George

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT Investment, EASY to use if and when you need it!, November 17, 2014
I purchased this plan along with an HP laptop for my brilliant yet klutzy 8yo, and it was by far one of the best investments I have ever made. I normally don't purchase protection plans as the majority of the time they are not worth what you pay for (Consumer Reports will even tell you this.) However, I had a hunch that this might be a good investment considering his tract record (he inherited his clumsiness from mommy :) ).

I purchased the laptop in May, and in early November, he fell asleep with the laptop beside him on the bed, and woke up to a cracked screen with total distortion, NOTHING was readable. Remembering that I had purchased the plan, I looked up the email that was sent to me (save your email, they don't send paper) and called the 800 number. The representative was very professional and easy to understand, and answered all my questions. He even advised me to hook up the laptop to a TV with an HDMI so I could see the screen and backup the harddrive, in case they had to do work on the harddrive. I backed it up on the cloud with my Norton Security and also to a thumbdrive (which anyone who has ever had computer repair work done knows to do).

I was sent a sturdy box with a prepaid UPS label. The box was very secure and you could adjust the padding to perfectly fit your laptop (which I thought was pretty cool). I then dropped it off at the nearest UPS store. Six days later, six ACTUAL days, not business days, the computer was delivered to my doorstep in perfect condition. It was an unbelievably EASY process, compared to dealing with other companies, such as AT&T, GEICO, the IRS, etc....

I would recommend this product to anyone who purchases a laptop with a value more than they can afford to replace. I wish I had done it for mine that I bought back in 2010 and now has missing keys and damaged sound. You never know what can happen when you have a laptop....coffee spills, dog jumps on it, drop it on the way to the car (all of these things have happened to me and by the grace of God I haven't done excessive damage to mine).

SO to summarize, YES I HIGHLY recommend this and I do NOT work for Asurion, lol !

2.0 out of 5 stars It only covers drops and spills, not manufacture defects., October 30, 2014
Da Riddler (San Antonio, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
Read the fine print, it only covers drops and spills. Bought this plan for my daughters new laptop for her first year in college and just a couple of weeks in the screen goes out. First thing I noticed was I never got an email from them, no foul here since I found the contact info in my amazon purchase and after a phone call they emailed me the info I needed. Passed this on to my daughter to call it in (she was in another state). Found out later that they told her since it wasn't dropped that she would have to call it into manufacturer (Lenovo) and have it repaired under their waranty. Lenovo made her mail it to them at her expense and has now taken over a month to repair it. If I actually get to use the plan I may change my rating, but my first dealing with them has been disatisfactory. So just a word of advice, if they ask you if you dropped it...

1.0 out of 5 stars I never received it!, March 20, 2014
I paid for it and never heard from the company! I am trying to figure out what to do next! Has anyone else had a problem with them?
Do they exist at all?

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plan, May 8, 2014
The plan is just as it showed in the description. Thank you for your great coverage. Thank you for your prompt email with all of the needed information.

5.0 out of 5 stars The folks who work for this plan are wonderful to work with, November 4, 2014
The folks who work for this plan are wonderful to work with. They kept me informed every step of the way through my claim. My son's laptop was not able to be repaired, but it was replaced!

3.0 out of 5 stars i didn't like that!, December 2, 2014
They use generic parts to replace your device...!! i didn't like that !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Followup on my original post -- things did get better., March 22, 2014
This review is from: Canopy 3-Year Laptop Computer Accidental Protection Plan ($400-$450) (Personal Computers)
After a while (about 1/7 for a Christmas purchase), they did respond, and did promptly send out the information necessary for registration.
Possibly this was a holiday rush volume issue.
Anyway, it is successfully registered at this point. (and the laptop is still working!)
They say there is no "need" to register, on their site, if you keep the emails and receipts.
But you can do it, and it provides a place to store receipts etc.
rather like Square Trade does. Site is not quite as user friendly, however.
Hopefully, no more problems.
We'll keep you posted, if this plan has to be put to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, September 3, 2014
Can't be to safe when the laptop belongs to a high schooler

2.0 out of 5 stars If you need the laptop for business etc and can afford best buy's or Microsoft's or the manufacturer's accidental plan, July 15, 2014
Please be advised. It would take about two weeks for everything to get fixed. It may take about a month for everything to get fixed, PROPERLY. If you need the laptop for business etc and can afford best buy's or Microsoft's or the manufacturer's accidental plan, go for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, December 18, 2014
Anmy Arenas (Garnervile, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Along with the computer, it was returned.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›