5.0 out of 5 stars I had not problems with it!
I had not had any problems with my equipment until know. My machine gave me a problem and I just submitted a job order. I do not know what to expect but I will definitively let the people know what happens and how do I feel about the protection plan after this job order.
Published 14 months ago by Alberto Rodriguez

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money. Don't buy!
Published 18 months ago by Vanessa Renee

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money. Don't buy!, December 30, 2012
I purchased this to cover an inexpensive elliptical machine bought at the same time, just in case anything went wrong. Sure enough, about a month after use, the elliptical started crapping out. So I gave the company a call to start the claims process. They were nice on the phone, and sent someone out within the week to come and look at my machine. This all went fairly well in the beginning. However, the repairman who came to my home said the machine was "unrepairable" (actual word he used on the repair slip) and when asked what the next step was, he indicated someone would be calling me to let me know what was going to happen. He further mentioned that the machine's issues were typical of the cheaper models, and I should purchase something a little more expensive next time. I thought this was a ridiculous comment, because obviously I would have purchased something more expensive and hence, more durable, had it been in my budget. But anyway, I waited for the call he said would be coming soon. A few days went by without a call, so we phone the center again to check on our claim. They again said that someone would be contacting us in a few days. Waited a week, but heard nothing.
For someone who used the elliptical daily, this was a really frustrating process, and after a week and a half we decided to call again. This time, the center transferred our call to another department and we were informed that the report the repairman completed indicated that the damage to the machine was due to normal wear and tear. We were totally incredulous at this suggestion, since anyone could see the machine was purchased less than three months prior, and there was no way that could be considered normal wear. So we were again put on hold, and afterward told that someone else would be coming out to inspect the machine. At this point, it had been approx. 2 weeks since we started the claim process, and we were the ones that had to initiate contact with the company again and again.
I just decided to forego dealing with the Canopy people anymore, and wrote an email to the seller I purchased the machine from. I was issued a full refund within 2 days, and they offered to remove and dispose of the machine for me. The Canopy people still hadn't called me back to set up the 2nd inspection they had said they would schedule. When they finally did (5 days later) I let them know I had already been assisted by the seller.
I will never purchase from this company again; they have nice phone customer service reps, but the actual service is terrible. I can't believe the deal they made out of giving me a measly $279 refund, especially after I paid almost $70 for the coverage in the first place. Ridiculous.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had not problems with it!, April 27, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Good to have but never needed, November 13, 2013
Never used this warranty as the Schwinn exercise bike, made overseas, I was dubious about it's quality. However Schwinn has made an excellent quality product that has performed flawlessly for over two years being used every day and sometimes twice a day

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Canopy 3-Year Fitness Equipment Protection Plan (Sports)
Good buy for the money i think. Haven't had to use it. Customer Service help set it up for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, November 12, 2011
Fast , reliable service. Protection of Investment, worth the expense!
Customer service answered all my questions as to service and product. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Review Bias, August 21, 2012
The protection seems fine. I haven't even received the product in the mail yet, and I already got an offer to review the protection plan for a chance to win something. This clearly leads to bias in their reviews so that they get good reviews before anyone has needed to use the protection plan. This makes me more skeptical of having purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Purchase, January 4, 2012
Good paperwork and necessary for sensitive equiopment. More reasonable price than that offered by the company with the same coverage.

4.0 out of 5 stars I won't know until I use it., December 31, 2011
Any warranty/service plan looks good on paper. It's what happens when you NEED it that counts. Hopefully, I won't need to use it. Other NEW warranty plans I have had in the past have worked well. We'll see if that still holds true.

Rate and Discover Movies