4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review
Published 22 months ago by JESM

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment with first claim
Published 6 months ago by James C. Vandermark

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment with first claim, June 3, 2014
I have made my first claim. I sent it in to be repaired. Although it was repaired, it was returned broken. during the course of my conversation, it became apparent that the servicing tech had knowledge of the broken latch. I have return the unit. Out of the last 30 days, I have had the unit for only 3 days in my possession. I have been told that for the past 11 days the manufacturer was slow in sending the $4.50 part needed. Yesterday, the service department now tells me that while it was ordered, the order was not executed. Then the service agent that called asked me did i want them to package it up and send it to me. I was irate that even this suggested would be made to send it back to be broken like they did before. There is simply too much blaming and not enough resolving in an expeditious manner. I am concerned about this simple repair that it is taking so long. What would it be like if the repair was more complex. I think Amazon needs to reconsider this type of insurance, perhaps looking into others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Initial registration process took too long., November 7, 2012
A. Sav. (Washington DC area, United States) - See all my reviews
I just received my new appliance and the 3-year Canopy protection plan. To get the plan in force, I went to Canopy's website to register my appliance. However, their website dropdown menus did not have an option for "microwave oven" nor "Panasonic." This forced me to identify my appliance as "other appliance" from "other" brand. I was able to put my appliance detail into a notes section. When I pressed the "enter" button to complete the registration process, the website responded with an error message that they did not have enough information about the appliance and instructed me to call the 800 number. After five minutes on hold, a phone representative answered and confirmed to me they did in fact have everything they needed about the appliance and my registration was complete. She then apologized for the website problem. The representative was pleasant and efficient. However, the overall process would have been much better if the website had just worked correctly and saved me the call hold time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, February 23, 2013
I purchased for a remanufactured blender. I figuired that since warranty is sold through Amazon and the low cost that the warranty would be at least a reasonably fair value. Once purchased purchase confirmation was immediately received. Customer service agent was easily availble to answer some follow-up questions. The down sides are that actual customer reviews of service for warranty failures are not available. The other down side is that full warranty details are not disclosed until after purchase. At the discreation of Canopy the warranty is limited to actual repair or replacement or refund up to the value of the initial purchase of the purchaded item/unit. an inexpensive warranty for 3 year protection, even if coverage limited up to purchase cost of the unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy with the "contract" that was sent by email., November 17, 2014
I'm not happy about the fact that the contract, which was sent by email, does not include the name of the appliance purchased, or the dates covered, but only references the receipt. I phoned the number given for the company, but was on hold for awhile and finally decided to not bother. Am only hoping that the appliance, a countertop oven, I purchased will not need service for the next three years!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUCCESS STORY, September 21, 2012
While I have only recently purchased the Canopy Protection plan I like the fact that it's very inexpensive and offers a lot of coverage, including the fact that they take care of pickup/shipping of defective item and offer quick replacement. I have great peace of mind knowing that my new coffee maker is covered since some people have experienced pump problems. It's tough to find a k-cup type machine that a good number of people haven't had problems with. I actually selected a model specifically where the Canopy Protection was offered over another model I liked that did not offer this.

update December 10, 2013
My k-cup machine stopped working right and my canopy protection plan came through for me. With one phone call, a trip to UPS with free shipping label and 24 hours later I was given a refund for my machine in the form of an amazon gift card. The person I spoke with on the phone was knowledgeable and very polite. I recommend the canopy plan based on this experience and I would buy it again to protect other purchases on amazon. Also this company answers phone calls 24 hours a day! Impressive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service by provider, December 5, 2014
This review is from: Canopy 3-Year Kitchen Appliance Protection Plan ($0-$50) (Electronics)
With one phone call all my problems were solved. The representative was knowledgeable and courteous.

5.0 out of 5 stars I HOPE I DON'T NEED THIS PROTECTION PLAN!!, November 28, 2012
I bought the Breville Smart Oven and with this protection plan that gives me an extra 3 years of protection. With the 725 five (5) stars I just might not need to use the plan and that's alright by me.
As the saying goes...(BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY)!!

1/15/2013 To anyone who reads my first review. I ended up canceling the protection plan because I never heard from them. I wrote them 2 X's and still no communication.. I ended up canceling the protection plan thru Amazon. It sounded like a good plan...I WAS WRONG!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, December 20, 2014
Much better deal than was offered through Best Buy. That's why I bought the product through Amazon instead of Best Buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, December 17, 2014
Kentucky D. (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
I was charged for an appliance that I cancelled the order yet CANOPY refuses to give me refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good warranty, December 16, 2014
A reasonably priced 3 year warranty for the CBTL Americano I purchased.